Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
cool_hand_luke
13 Apr 21 21:59
| Topic/replies: 520 | Blogger: cool_hand_luke's blog
Simply back both sides above 3 in the in-play market, With the numerous tight games causing lare betting swings you'll make a decent long term profit.

Last 2 games both produced the required swings.
Pause Switch to Standard View IPL - Easiest Sport to achieve long...
Show More
Report feedthepony April 13, 2021 11:06 PM BST
Both teams would need to hit 3.0 in 50% of the games.

We’ve still to see the 1st innings 200 score be chased with a feeble 91 all out

Or the 125 1sr innings score knocked off in 13 overs by the opening partnership
Report jucel69 April 14, 2021 1:01 PM BST
You would have to be really disciplined to do that & turn down other opportunities during a game

Unless you had two BF accounts
Report Number9 April 14, 2021 2:14 PM BST
I agree the last two did that, speaking from my (now emptied) pockets when I called it 100% wrong. I do hope you're not one who thinks 'cos it's happened twice in a row, it always happens! Steady on, Luke.
Report peckerdunne April 14, 2021 3:10 PM BST
load of aul bollox
Report jucel69 April 14, 2021 3:13 PM BST

Apr 14, 2021 -- 9:10AM, peckerdunne wrote:

load of aul bollox

Laugh

Report Number9 April 14, 2021 5:10 PM BST
very succinct, pecker
Report cool_hand_luke April 14, 2021 6:35 PM BST
and again, plus the SA V Pakistan game.
Report Number9 April 15, 2021 2:40 PM BST
True, just don't bank on it 100% if you're wise.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- April 15, 2021 5:22 PM BST
Didn't somebody do a study on odds
in ipl and found laying both at 1.4 ish
was a money making scheme?

Must be a few years back, maybe when it
was on channel 4?

Never really followed that closely
but the volatility suggests there must
be some hope for blind traders.
Report Number9 April 15, 2021 5:38 PM BST
and here's another for you, Luke!
Report cool_hand_luke April 15, 2021 6:03 PM BST
Your correct Number 9, another for us Blind traders and before the tenth over of second innings. Not stupid enough to think there wont be set backs however so far 2/2 or 4/4 last 4 days. The teams are all so well matched with net R/R counting towards top 4 last 2 years, which means its more likely to have close matches an decent swings.  On to the next game ExcitedGrin
Report cool_hand_luke April 18, 2021 5:27 PM BST
5 out of 6 have all met the criteria. 4 point profit in 6 games. The swings in momentum are unbelievable in this format
Report JML April 20, 2021 6:28 PM BST
6 games??? Is that what you mean by long term?

Post your results after 500 games.
Report cool_hand_luke April 20, 2021 7:01 PM BST
6 from 8. Seem a bit negative JML. I had to have a start somewhere, T20 is set up for this type of betting.  last post from me
Report JML April 20, 2021 7:05 PM BST
Not negative--I just find it amazing that someone would want to share a genuine profit making
scheme.
Report JML April 20, 2021 7:06 PM BST
Which game was the 6th winner?
Report cool_hand_luke April 20, 2021 7:15 PM BST
todays game
Report JML April 20, 2021 7:21 PM BST
When did Delhi reach 3.0?
Report cool_hand_luke April 20, 2021 7:30 PM BST
they reached 3.2. my bet was matched at 20-Apr-21 15:36
Report tomtimtum April 20, 2021 9:37 PM BST
The t20 games can be incredibly volatile and it can be very profitable to trade that volatility.
Leaving bets in the market at certain price points just means you'll get picked off by the snipers in play and only get matched when the true current price is much worse than the one you've taken and it won't be profitable long term.
Just because this won't work doesn't mean it's not a good starting point to develop a profitable system from but its definitely a lot tougher than this.
Report detraveller April 21, 2021 9:10 PM BST
If you're going to call something a 'long-term' strategy and then justify it by talking about 4 or 8 games, don't expect anyone to take you seriously. I agree its a great starting point, but I would keep such discoveries to myself until i've done enough experiments.

Back when I was starting. I was playing around on Routlette and my brain figured out a way to win. If I could just keep doubling my stake, eventually it would land on a red and i'll win. I turned 50 euros into 1600. Then I lost it all. I was the inventor of the Martingale strategy, until I realized someone before me had already thought of this(a guy called Martingale, what are the odds!)

Since then I always take a step back whenever I figure out something smart.

Another thing you should keep in mind is that being profitable isn't a destination, its a state(if that's the right word). I've read Benjamin Graham's books and he has on many occasions addressed people who figure out smart ways of making money like you. From 1930s up until the 2008 crisis, loads of smart folk. Especially in the 90s when they got more computing power, started back-testing and came up with all kinds of funny scenarios that were profitable for years. They all went bankrupt eventually. Benjamin obv dead but someone keeps updating his books, probably buffet.

Talking of back testing, can't you take historical data from betfair and test your strategy?
Report tomtimtum April 29, 2021 4:24 PM BST
Any updates? Plain
Report feedthepony April 29, 2021 5:51 PM BST
assume this tactic is now taking a smashing aye?
Report cool_hand_luke May 2, 2021 12:19 AM BST
system working well, send more money.

Had 4 losses in a row but recovered with last 2 winners. Still comfortably ahead since start.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com