Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
elisjohn
15 Dec 20 20:00
| Topic/replies: 15,650 | Blogger: elisjohn's blog
8/1 THE DRAW IS GIGANTIC, Wink

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 67
By:
the whizz kids
When: 16 Dec 20 08:47
Adelaide not known for draws, weather looks good and it's a day night match, plus two big hitters not playing. As per normal I will wait for the toss.
By:
the whizz kids
When: 16 Dec 20 11:52
Sorry, I thought Kohli was missing this test. He plays this one and then misses the rest of the series.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 16 Dec 20 12:45
Cannot really look past Aussie I am sad to say. Their batting may come under scrutiny again but being on home soil this should bolster their chances. Umesh needs to be able to bowl en pointe and get swing otherwise India have a problem that even Houston would not solve.

Rahane is a favourite of mine but is he past his best? Can Shaw curb his enthusiasm. Will Saha bat like he can? I'd rather have Panty. I would have liked to seen Iyer get his chance but maybe better to get him in the side at home.

Australian bowling is formidable but much will be about who bats under lights. India can swing it too. I am not sure i would want to be betting on this game. I think some of you swing traders might have some fun though so might follow some advice with a shekel to keep it interesting but not going big.

Is there any reason why KL Rahul was not selected for the squad? I would have him ahead of Shaw.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 16 Dec 20 12:50
Ok stupid question of the day.

What time is 04:00 GMTLaugh?
By:
the whizz kids
When: 16 Dec 20 13:15

Dec 16, 2020 -- 7:50AM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

Ok stupid question of the day. What time is 04:00 GMT?

Far too early, get up around 6.30ish and watch the last two sessions.

By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 16 Dec 20 13:29
You have got to be kidding man!

I have been starved of decent competitive test cricket. I cannot wait. The only question is vin rouge or rum and coke?

The big question remains the same is 04:00 GMT the same as 04:00 Blighty?
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 16 Dec 20 13:57
Susssed it.

04:00 GMT is and you might find this hard to believe but 04:00 Blighty! Happy Days!
By:
the whizz kids
When: 16 Dec 20 18:35

Dec 16, 2020 -- 8:29AM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

You have got to be kidding man!I have been starved of decent competitive test cricket. I cannot wait. The only question is vin rouge or rum and coke?The big question remains the same is 04:00 GMT the same as 04:00 Blighty?

Mr Death, I take it you missed N.Z v WindiesLaughLaugh I wish I did as I'm down 2.2 over the 2 matches. I fully expect to make up on this one though.
The big question is do I stay up all night for the toss/start or do I wake up for the 2nd session?
Aus at 1.74 looks short for me pre toss. I would want around 14s for the draw.

By:
the whizz kids
When: 17 Dec 20 00:49
I wish BF would sort this problem of being logged into the forum but not being able to post anything, it drives me nuts.AngryAngryAngry
By:
GURUBOB
When: 17 Dec 20 01:47
Should be a cracking match
By:
the whizz kids
When: 17 Dec 20 02:37
India win the toss and bat first. 2.9 India looks good.
By:
ghoststory.
When: 17 Dec 20 02:41
That was a pretty Interesting Stat. In the 21 tests Kohli has won the toss India has never lost
By:
the whizz kids
When: 17 Dec 20 02:43
To trade.
By:
the whizz kids
When: 17 Dec 20 02:45
BT get this sh1te offAngry
By:
GURUBOB
When: 17 Dec 20 03:06
That was absolutely plumb
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Dec 20 04:02
I got to be honest wizz, I couldn't even get a semi on for NZ v WI

Been listening to Radio5lsx if you think the tv is sheite may I suggest you listen to the voice of Summer Jim Maxwell and friends though I like Nannes and Chapelli, the latter particularly for me has a good handle on how the game is going. Good is you are gambling imho.
By:
elisjohn
When: 17 Dec 20 04:10
cheers whispering, didnt know it was on radio 5 liveWink
By:
elisjohn
When: 17 Dec 20 04:22
ive layed back at 6.2Cool
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Dec 20 04:31
Yes Eli’s bu5 not as we know it. Looks like the Convicts have taken over the station
By:
elisjohn
When: 17 Dec 20 04:36
it completly ended as we know it, when sir geoff was dropped for meSad
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Dec 20 08:09
Pretty tough sessions of cricket. Series shaping up nicely as a contest although somewhat dull st times. Real sad about not having Pant to brighten things up with the bat and make you laugh in the field!
By:
Richie_Burnett
When: 17 Dec 20 08:28
I got to be honest wizz, I couldn't even get a semi on for NZ v WI

I would've thought that was an achievement for a man of your vintageLaugh
By:
Richie_Burnett
When: 17 Dec 20 08:40
Said I wasn't betting D/N test but the ball is doing nothing so might lay Aus for an hour.
By:
Richie_Burnett
When: 17 Dec 20 08:57
Wish I did but didn't do it. Seeing Hazlewood on and Cummins warming up - maybe they should go fuller or shorter cos line and length isn't doing much.
By:
Richie_Burnett
When: 17 Dec 20 09:11
Think opposite now. Lyon looking good and new ball due.
By:
Richie_Burnett
When: 17 Dec 20 09:11
Wish I had the ticks from 9:30 to play with.
By:
Richie_Burnett
When: 17 Dec 20 09:35
Skull is such a funny commentator - they should get him over here.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Dec 20 09:49
RichieWink
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Dec 20 09:52
This game is in the balance. India need to bat to stumps without too much damage and keep Aussie in the field tomorrow. Get Aussie in under lights. Hope for Ashwin too. Lyon has bowled well on a first day pitch.

Will there be wear and tear on this wicket?

India doing better than hoped for

Boom

Curse of the commentator!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Dec 20 09:53
Plumb first view
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Dec 20 09:54
Really should have come forward to that. Everyone knows Starc will pitch it up
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Dec 20 09:55
India completely done by the run out though tbf Aussie has no luck before that
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Dec 20 09:56
Saha stuck on the crease like a Brit in the headlights
By:
Whisperingdeath
Rabbit
By:
Richie_Burnett
I agree with you that Pant > Saha. I think they picked him on IPL form.
By:
Richie_Burnett
When: 17 Dec 20 09:57
He's not in Sharjah anymoreLaugh
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Dec 20 11:01
Saha is Ashley a very good bat and technically correct. He can also whack it around. A bit harsh on him as he is the better keeper and can be a good batsman but I just love watching Pant.

The run out was almost catastrophic fir India. They really must bat through to at least lunch tomorrow. Still anyone’s game. Can’t see the draw
By:
peckerdunne
When: 17 Dec 20 19:50
more worried about pishing blood at 4 in the morning than watching this test

roll on Safferland Laugh
By:
Richie_Burnett
When: 17 Dec 20 20:08

Dec 17, 2020 -- 6:01AM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

Saha is Ashley a very good bat and technically correct. He can also whack it around. A bit harsh on him as he is the better keeper and can be a good batsman but I just love watching Pant.The run out was almost catastrophic fir India. They really must bat through to at least lunch tomorrow. Still anyone’s game. Can’t see the draw

I'm not sure about the keeping standard but I think Pant is a lot closer to the Gilchrist mould; which I think is as good as it gets for a keeper.

Small sample size but Saha has a top test score of 35 in Aus/RSA. Smaller sample size but Pant already has 2 centuries and averages 36 in Aus, NZ and eng.

Saha's FC average is impressive but I don't think you can transpose that into tests. Badrinath averaged over 60 in FC for much of his career and barely got a game.

Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com