Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Richie_Burnett
18 Nov 20 14:30
| Topic/replies: 4,191 | Blogger: Richie_Burnett's blog
www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/30324344/bbl-2020-21-introducing-bbl-power-surge-x-factor-bash-boost

Power Surge

The traditional six-over Powerplay will be scrapped, replaced by a mandatory four-over block at the start of the innings with the remaining two overs able to be taken by the batting team at any point from the 11th over of the innings onwards

X-Factor

The Super Sub is back, but with a tweak. At the 10-over mark of the first innings each team will have the chance to substitute one of their starting XI with either the 12th or 13th player who was on the nominated team sheet. However, the player being replaced can't yet have batted in the match or can't have bowled more than over. And the substitution of the player can only happen at the 10-over mark so, for example, if a bowler is injured in his first over early in the innings he can't be replaced immediately.

Bash Boost

There will now be four points available for winning a match - instead of the previous two - with three points available for the outright victory and the extra point being given to the team who is ahead on the comparison at the 10-over mark of the chase. If the team scores are level at 10 overs, that point is split - 0.5 to each time.

Crazy
Pause Switch to Standard View New BBL rules
Show More
Report feedthepony November 18, 2020 2:21 PM GMT
And the purists hate the concept of the Hundred...........
Report salmon spray November 18, 2020 6:20 PM GMT
Why not play baseball and have done with it ?
Report peckerdunne November 18, 2020 7:39 PM GMT
I hate it, sports wise and even more betting wise.

Should you not get 15 for back to back sixes.
Report peckerdunne November 18, 2020 7:39 PM GMT
3 dot balls should be minus 1.
Report Blencathra November 19, 2020 8:45 AM GMT
Wicket hat trick .. game overCrazy
Report Blencathra November 19, 2020 8:45 AM GMT
Innings should read
Report bobweenit November 20, 2020 1:37 AM GMT
calm do0wn you cricket purists. cricket is bo0ring not just bo0ring really really bo0ring. how fielders hang around in the outfield doing jack for hours on end or days on end  makes chess look physical.
ok fast bowlers are the exception but most of them just run fast close their eyes and hope its near the wickets. What I have seen just about as much luck as judgement if you have good running
speed and a fast arm and dont get me started on wides.
Anything to change this game up and  bring it up to viewers with a resting heart bt above the morgue I backMischief
I can see Pecker is a little upset tho bless him. wait till he goes 13 straight greens he will so0n forget.
The 10 over thing will encourage them to get on with it early. Good idea that 1 imo. After the 4 over pp they have some encouragement to keep going to the 10th.
All we need now is ban tbe test filthMischief oh and take Gingers SPOT away. ludicrous cos he did ok against a tiny nation that love Rugby that some people think he is a legit spo50rting great Laugh btw i am pretty sure he was born in said Country. Laughable sport with England team being full on non English. Desperate stuff imo.
Report feedthepony November 20, 2020 6:22 PM GMT
Not a cricket man then Bob?
Report bobweenit November 20, 2020 10:33 PM GMT
Doubt I would watch it without a bet. I have learned to appreciate it more but lets be honest its farcical at times. Especially the England selection policy. The Captains got a Irish accident and all the best players should be playing 4 other nation if they hadnt sold their souls.
The captain has a Irish accent. Any other sport it wouldnt wash.
Report bobweenit November 20, 2020 10:37 PM GMT
Not to mention its probaly the most b ent sport of all. You never fully know if that wide or pie was intentional. I still beleive fixing is rife in most formats.
Report bobweenit November 20, 2020 10:38 PM GMT
That said its a glo0rious sport Grin
Report peckerdunne November 22, 2020 4:56 PM GMT
Don't stop now Bob, your on a roll..........Laugh
Report bobweenit November 22, 2020 6:08 PM GMT
I have been to the crease Peck, now its time 4 lunch in the pavillion...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com