Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Richie_Burnett
01 Aug 20 09:18
| Topic/replies: 3,881 | Blogger: Richie_Burnett's blog
Starts todayExcited Glamorgan obviously playing 3/5 away games. I wonder when we can go and watch.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 67
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 04 Aug 20 18:30
Two tight finishes-  Leicester v Lancashire and Derbyshire v Notts.

Derbyshire won with a ball to go.

Leicester managed to go at just under 10-an-over for 15.4 overs to clinch a win with 8 balls to go.

Magnificent stuff!

Live radio available on the Beeb site but seriously why don't they televise
these county matches on the red button like they do with tennis during Wimbledon?
By:
Richie_Burnett
When: 06 Aug 20 14:06
Obviously not a tournament that I take seriously but I agree that they should televise the Glamorgan games in between the tests.
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 08 Aug 20 11:09
Why don't you take it seriously?

What "obviously" devalues it compared to "normal" county cricket?
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 11 Aug 20 16:23
Another 4th day of tight finishes in Round Two of what Betfair's silly tab-naming policy ends up with me calling it "Best Bob".

Too illiquid to go big but normally you get one or two matches that are lively enough to trade.
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 11 Aug 20 18:09
Indeed VV 

Veteran Tim Bresnan has saved me taking a red of about £60 with a stout defensive knock for Warwicks not Yorkie that is still going on, Brezza has nabbed me a £7 green now.
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 11 Aug 20 18:12
Fatslogger's nemesis Oliver Hannon Dalby is playing his part too in this potential super heist v Gloucs
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 11 Aug 20 18:30
Sad

They couldn't save the game

but I am admiring they got me safe, Brezza & Oliver Hannon-Dalby
By:
Richie_Burnett
When: 15 Aug 20 14:21

Aug 8, 2020 -- 11:09AM, VardonVoo. wrote:

Why don't you take it seriously?What "obviously" devalues it compared to "normal" county cricket?

If you think that D2 teams playing games away to D1 teams is fair then I feel sorry for you.

By:
VardonVoo.
When: 16 Aug 20 09:10
Nothing's fair in a pandemic - I'm just grateful that we've got 4=day cricket at all in the circumstances - we nearly ended up with a 50-over tourney instead.
By:
Richie_Burnett
When: 16 Aug 20 10:08
true!
By:
Richie_Burnett
When: 25 Aug 20 06:52
Marchant de Lange breaks Glamorgan record for fastest century!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgquBHquzCA

Cool
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 09 Sep 20 17:24
We've got the final but the group stage is over. Sad I fear for the future of 1st class cricket. 

Plenty of Blighty Blast games remain though. Grin
By:
Richie_Burnett
When: 14 Sep 20 19:44
Not showing the final on sky cos of IPL clash. Doubt we see FC cricket on TV againCry
By:
feedthepony
When: 15 Sep 20 13:19
You'd think they could have chucked it on Sky Sports Mix when IPL is on.
By:
Angoose
When: 22 Sep 20 15:32
Sky, the England and Wales Cricket Board and the BBC will offer full coverage of the Bob Willis Trophy final on their streaming services.

The five-day match between Somerset and Essex, starting at Lord's on Wednesday, will be shown live on the BBC Sport website and BBC iPlayer.

It will also be available on the Sky Sports Cricket YouTube channel.

The BBC Test Match Special team will provide commentary on BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra alongside BBC local radio.

Play starts at 10:30 BST each day.

Somerset and Essex topped the Central and South groups respectively with four wins and a draw from five games.

Named after the former England fast bowler who died in December, the Bob Willis Trophy is a shortened first-class competition created after the coronavirus pandemic prevented the domestic season starting until August.

Essex won the County Championship last season after drawing with second-placed Somerset in the final game.

Somerset have finished third three times in the past four seasons.

The Sky Sports Cricket YouTube channel will also stream the current Twenty20 series between England and West Indies women, with the third game on Saturday live on BBC Two from 12:45.

There will be an hour-long highlights programme after each game on BBC Two, with TMS commentary and live in-play highlights on the BBC Sport website and app during play.

England won the first game on Monday by 47 runs to take a 1-0 series lead.
By:
wondersobright
When: 22 Sep 20 17:01
its absolutely disgraceful that they aren't covering this on TV
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 22 Sep 20 18:37

Sep 22, 2020 -- 3:32PM, Angoose wrote:

Sky, the England and Wales Cricket Board and the BBC will offer full coverage of the Bob Willis Trophy final on their streaming services.The five-day match between Somerset and Essex, starting at Lord's on Wednesday, will be shown live on the BBC Sport website and BBC iPlayer.It will also be available on the Sky Sports Cricket YouTube channel.The BBC Test Match Special team will provide commentary on BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra alongside BBC local radio.Play starts at 10:30 BST each day.Somerset and Essex topped the Central and South groups respectively with four wins and a draw from five games.Named after the former England fast bowler who died in December, the Bob Willis Trophy is a shortened first-class competition created after the coronavirus pandemic prevented the domestic season starting until August.Essex won the County Championship last season after drawing with second-placed Somerset in the final game.Somerset have finished third three times in the past four seasons.The Sky Sports Cricket YouTube channel will also stream the current Twenty20 series between England and West Indies women, with the third game on Saturday live on BBC Two from 12:45.There will be an hour-long highlights programme after each game on BBC Two, with TMS commentary and live in-play highlights on the BBC Sport website and app during play.England won the first game on Monday by 47 runs to take a 1-0 series lead.

Welcome news! Grin hoping weather holds.

By:
mafeking
When: 22 Sep 20 19:38
wouldn't imagine the weather is gonna be much of a factor in a 5 day game between these sides. somerset only conceded 1 bowling point in the group stages and plenty of double figure totals for the opposition and they certainly don't bat very well often relying on the tail to get them up to a respectable total so the likes of harmer and porter will fancy their chances. no hildreth either and banton playing in the IPL. unless it's extremely flat i'd surprised if it needs more than 3 days play
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 24 Sep 20 11:52
Yesterday stuck £181 on Essex at 1.83

Today layed Essex at 1.97 for £574 current scaling out of that and I have a decent green, relative to the liquidity of the market.
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 24 Sep 20 12:03
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 24 Sep 20 12:04
An extravagant Essex drift is well under way but I'm getting out (for now)

Glad I saw the writing on the wall.
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 24 Sep 20 12:13
Cider could get 400 here with their tail
By:
the whizz kids
When: 24 Sep 20 12:17

Sep 24, 2020 -- 12:13PM, Cardinal Scott wrote:

Cider could get 400 here with their tail

Let's hope so. I'm on at 2.66. Some mental bets going in. Someone just went in on Essex at 2.34 when Essex were 7/4 on 365CrazyCrazy. Plenty of opportunities but market very thin most of the time.

By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 24 Sep 20 12:47
Draw plunging despite extra day
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 24 Sep 20 13:51
Raining now!
By:
the whizz kids
When: 24 Sep 20 13:59
Overcast conditions tomorrow when Essex are batting. Also overcast on day 5. If this draw gets to odds on I will be laying for sure.
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 24 Sep 20 14:14
Might be too overcast to play
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 24 Sep 20 14:24
Ravi Bopara reckons more rain is 1 hour away if the rain has stopped now
By:
mafeking
When: 24 Sep 20 14:37
be careful that if there's many more interruptions could get in a situation where 1st inns lead is all important. it's the tie breaker in the event of a draw. chance somerset still batting into day 3 Shocked
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 24 Sep 20 14:41
Ravi Bopara is a good addition to commentary
By:
the whizz kids
When: 24 Sep 20 14:44
Mafe, that would only effect the outright winner and not the match odds.
Covers are coming off but I don't think it will be long before they are back on.
By:
mafeking
When: 24 Sep 20 14:55
put it this way they won't be declaring at any stage in the 3rd inns if they have the lead
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 24 Sep 20 15:24
15.45 restart
By:
the whizz kids
When: 24 Sep 20 15:47

Sep 24, 2020 -- 2:55PM, mafeking wrote:

put it this way they won't be declaring at any stage in the 3rd inns if they have the lead

Very good point.

By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 24 Sep 20 17:56
Cider have worsened their position considerably during that resumption.  Though of course if someone gave me a free bet token of a grand it would still go on Cider.
By:
mafeking
When: 24 Sep 20 18:10
sure would have liked an extra 50 runs but it's bowling attack that's the strong part of the team. it certainly ain't the batting which is barely passable
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 25 Sep 20 11:20
Early signs Essex have a reasonable chance of overhauling Essex 1st innings score
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 25 Sep 20 11:23

Sep 25, 2020 -- 11:20AM, Cardinal Scott wrote:

Early signs Essex have a reasonable chance of overhauling Essex 1st innings score

I'm still half asleep clearly BlushBlushBlush

By:
the whizz kids
When: 25 Sep 20 11:49
It would get very interesting if they passed Somerset.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com