Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
VardonVoo.
16 Mar 19 04:50
| Topic/replies: 5,491 | Blogger: VardonVoo.'s blog
This deserves to continue in its own thread, especially as it could be the last Test for a while, thanks to Brenton Tarrantino and his snuff movie.
Pause Switch to Standard View Ireland vs Afghanistan in India Test...
Show More
Report VardonVoo. March 16, 2019 2:38 PM GMT
Just about breaking even now. Was lucky to get some draw off all the way down to the upper 30s. A terrible start has probably wasted what might have been a really good match. Let's hope Ireland don't roll over so easily second dig.
Report Cardinal Scott March 16, 2019 3:03 PM GMT
I wish I was breaking even, the worst part of levelling up a £240 red on day 1 is you have to stare at it for days 2,3,4 or 5 .........I despise myself for believing in the Irish.
Report Cardinal Scott March 16, 2019 3:09 PM GMT
Only flicker of a positive light is I have not been tempted into making a salvation trade by laying the Hounds.    Which would just make matters worse.
Report Cardinal Scott March 16, 2019 3:32 PM GMT
Going off-topic I hear Guerilla Cricket SA have got their jingles in order...I LOVE their ......FAF,Saviour of the Universe Excited
Report Cardinal Scott March 16, 2019 3:32 PM GMT

Mar 16, 2019 -- 4:32PM, Cardinal Scott wrote:

Going off-topic I hear Guerilla Cricket SA have got their jingles in order...I LOVE their ......FAF,Saviour of the Universe

Queen

Report detraveller March 16, 2019 3:34 PM GMT
Draw trading would have worked well for me. But ive stayed out of this after losing 350. A loss i will happily take and get my money out of betfair. Sadly got involved in the golf and 600 down there but Fleetwood might save me. Either way, ill be keeping a small amount in my account as i dont think my money will survive all the upcoming filth if it stays in my account. Long live test cricket and hope it starts again soon.
Report Cardinal Scott March 16, 2019 3:36 PM GMT

Mar 16, 2019 -- 4:34PM, detraveller wrote:

Draw trading would have worked well for me. But ive stayed out of this after losing 350. A loss i will happily take and get my money out of betfair. Sadly got involved in the golf and 600 down there but Fleetwood might save me. Either way, ill be keeping a small amount in my account as i dont think my money will survive all the upcoming filth if it stays in my account. Long live test cricket and hope it starts again soon.

You have planted a seed DT....I may trade that big yank tourney that is going on.

Report detraveller March 16, 2019 3:36 PM GMT
which one?
Report Cardinal Scott March 16, 2019 3:37 PM GMT
Players championship.......the so called "5th major"
Report detraveller March 16, 2019 3:38 PM GMT
oh i see
Report detraveller March 16, 2019 3:40 PM GMT
I usually put small amounts on Fleetwood after a bad round and he almost always follows it up with a good one. I saw him trading at 70 and thought I shouldnt be mugging at golf so left it. At the end of the day he was leading. So i layed him at 7. Being the pro trader that i am i then backed him at 3. Now hes trading at 4.5
Report detraveller March 16, 2019 3:44 PM GMT
Staked too much which is why im 600 down at the moment.
Report VardonVoo. March 16, 2019 4:38 PM GMT
@ DT - you could always tie your funds up in the manifold and various Brexit markets. That will keep you busy for weeks at a time with plenty of pseudo-weather trades and surprises. Be careful of different markets being highly correlated though. And watch the news!

TV Specials will also keep your funds tied up out of temptation's way too. Dancing On Ice, etc. The guys on that forum are a pretty decent crowd so you won't be completely in the dark.

@ CS - maybe they should incorporate the Flash advert version "FAF - ah-ah - cleans up  the impossible"
Report detraveller March 16, 2019 4:57 PM GMT
I have done well tying up my money in cricket and tennis markets. Dont need to move to other filth, especially politics and TV specials.
Report VardonVoo. March 16, 2019 5:37 PM GMT
I've never been able to crack tennis. I tried the 1.01/1.02 trade on often avaiable on Match or Set Point but I just found the prices sit either side of the point and you often only get matched when you're being hoovered.

So when the trade works you get a "free" bet to trade with and can do all right, but cos of the hoovering it just doesn't happen often enough to counteract the accumulated small losses.
Report Richie_Burnett March 16, 2019 8:03 PM GMT
I misread and thought he was talking about chasing his losses on Fleetwood TownCrazy
Report jucel69 March 17, 2019 7:00 AM GMT
Fancy Ireland to win this, the hounds will implode 2nd inns!
Report VardonVoo. March 17, 2019 10:35 AM GMT
Turning out to have been a good trading match after all. Just goes to show....
Report VardonVoo. March 18, 2019 4:58 PM GMT
Well that was interesting - Afghan went from 1.05ish to above 3s and back down again.
Report Cardinal Scott March 18, 2019 5:15 PM GMT

Mar 18, 2019 -- 5:58PM, VardonVoo. wrote:

Well that was interesting - Afghan went from 1.05ish to above 3s and back down again.

So if I had held my positions from day 1 not only would i be redless I would have ended up with a nice green.      CryCryCry

Report Cardinal Scott March 18, 2019 5:16 PM GMT
I never knew any of this *RAGING*
Report Cardinal Scott March 18, 2019 5:18 PM GMT
No this never happened today, looking at scorecard *RAGE ABATED*
Report VardonVoo. March 18, 2019 6:11 PM GMT
I think it was on Day Two. I missed it too cos I dozed off after a Saturday night glass or two of wine.
Not the first time I've messed up or missed out by not being alert for the entire duration of a Test match.
The lesson is never to write off the possibility of trading opportunities arising even after one side gets off to an assumed match-losing start. I was pleased to get rid of my massive draw green at 30s to at least achieve break-even but if I hadn't left bets up I may have been in a position to cash in.
Report jucel69 March 18, 2019 11:08 PM GMT

Mar 18, 2019 -- 6:16PM, Cardinal Scott wrote:

I never knew any of this *RAGING*

>Afghans traded in the 1.4 to 1.5 range when the 3rd wicket was going along nicely

Report detraveller March 19, 2019 12:09 AM GMT
in the 4th innings?
i had afg backs at 1.3 and 1.4
none of that got matched. ???
Report jucel69 March 19, 2019 2:30 AM GMT

Mar 19, 2019 -- 1:09AM, detraveller wrote:

in the 4th innings?i had afg backs at 1.3 and 1.4none of that got matched. ???

They must have got cancelled somehow, because I definitely saw 1.4 breached, not sure about 1.5.

Report VardonVoo. March 22, 2019 5:23 PM GMT
These are up until 8.51am (UK time) on 17th March, in case it's of any help:-

Afghan Inverse

Ireland
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com