Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 232 comments are related to the topic:
SA v Pak 3rd Test at Johannesburg

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 232
By:
TerryHurlock
When: 11 Jan 19 12:29
pie fest
By:
detraveller
When: 11 Jan 19 12:29
I think a total in the 300s is going to be perfect for draw backers, innit?

Dodgy weather for day 4 and day 5 and if Pak can put up a decent total first up(or at least look like doing it), draw could really drop.
By:
detraveller
When: 11 Jan 19 12:31
Sarfraz needs to have a whip with him at all times. And Mickey should have a sniper gun with rubber bullets.
By:
TerryHurlock
When: 11 Jan 19 12:32
its Pak batting so who knows
By:
detraveller
When: 11 Jan 19 12:33
off to lecture now. 'Presentation skills' Cool
By:
detraveller
When: 11 Jan 19 12:33
Ciao
By:
TerryHurlock
When: 11 Jan 19 12:34
adios
By:
TerryHurlock
When: 11 Jan 19 13:21
and another gone
By:
TerryHurlock
When: 11 Jan 19 13:36
mark nicholas ass licking in making me cringe,and KP as well,i need a shower
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 Jan 19 13:44
Hmm, was okay until that last wicket but now in a bit of strife. Obviously always have the solid Pakistan batting against the pedestrian SA attack to save my draw position even if SA out relatively cheaply. Should be fine, right?
By:
TerryHurlock
When: 11 Jan 19 13:48
Grinyeah no probs there FS
my saffer lay at 1.2 hasnt budged much despite the wickets,was hoping for 1.3's
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 11 Jan 19 13:49
Tick nicked my way £18 green all outcomes.
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 11 Jan 19 13:50
Now that SA are in dicey territory I'll stay out as that Pak price could be below 4s soon.
By:
TerryHurlock
When: 11 Jan 19 13:52
u done well there CS in this slow market
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 11 Jan 19 13:56
Yeah lucky, I could have been stranded, only 1 of those wickets fell when I was in the market.
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 Jan 19 13:56
Draw’s been very irritating this session. I get that it’s going to go up on wickets but it normally at least nips down with some blocking and instead it kept edging up after the 5th wicket and indeed after the 6th.

In response to jucel’s point about slow over rates, they’re crawling along here and SA will definitely do the same. They have just over an hour and a half to get 22 overs in and with the old ball reversing and a new ball due they’ll not be using the spinner much if at all. I suppose they might give him a couple or three just before taking the new nut if goes a bit flat in the next few overs. 

I quite rate Shadab Khan and Ashraf with the bat but would rather prefer they were at 8 and 9, with my cash on the draw.
By:
TerryHurlock
When: 11 Jan 19 14:03
close shirley
By:
TerryHurlock
When: 11 Jan 19 14:05

Jan 11, 2019 -- 1:50PM, Cardinal Scott wrote:

Now that SA are in dicey territory I'll stay out as that Pak price could be below 4s soon.

good call

By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 Jan 19 14:05
Obviously this could go wrong very rapidly when Pakistan bat but this is a huge draw price on a good wicket. SA could relatively feasibly still get 350 here and it’s not as if the draw ought to die entirely even if they get bowled out before the close today, unless they also take a Pakistani wicket or two. I get that in context of the series there’s an expectation of carnage when SA start bowling but it’s not obligatory.

Oh arse. Very deep now.
By:
TerryHurlock
When: 11 Jan 19 14:06
Sarfraz must have given Ali a kick in the ass
By:
Fatslogger
The irritating thing there is that the batsmen looked untroubled and the draw wasn’t contracting so I just kept taking more on.
By:
Fatslogger
Have felt I had to keep digging so now approaching £5k red on results.
By:
TerryHurlock
When: 11 Jan 19 14:08
Amir gone off,possibly injured after a tumble
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 Jan 19 14:10
Have £74k draw green currently.
By:
TerryHurlock
When: 11 Jan 19 14:12
Grin
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 Jan 19 14:15
Problem with this sort of draw excursion is that having chased it up, it takes balls of absolute brass not to set up lays all the way down starting from just under the last back but then no individual trade is especially profitable and you need the draw right down to make much out of it.

That does not help. Idiot. You’ve got QdK other end.
By:
TerryHurlock
When: 11 Jan 19 14:16
calypso,didnt expect this
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 Jan 19 14:17
Problem now is quite a lot of risk of Pakistan wickets this evening session too, which would be awful.
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 Jan 19 14:18
Pak bowled well but shower of bad shots this session.
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 Jan 19 14:19
Am up to £80k draw green now. Got a grand more on the draw at 18.5 on 7th wicket and laid most of it off but then took it back on!
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 Jan 19 14:27
Comedy draw green up to £85k. Rain!
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 Jan 19 14:28
Has to crash if they can hold out to stumps, or even look like they’ll get to the cut off for a change of innings.
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 Jan 19 14:30
Market will presumably have

Oh feck.
By:
TerryHurlock
QDK with a crazy pull
By:
Fatslogger
Was going to say that the market will presumably have some faith at least in SA batting better second time around but the thing could be dead by then.
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 Jan 19 14:32

Jan 11, 2019 -- 2:30PM, TerryHurlock wrote:

QDK with a crazy pull

Think it was a fair enough shot to play with only one guy on the leg side and just Steyn and Oliver left at the other end. Completely mistiming it not helpful though.

By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 Jan 19 14:33
The number of horrible batting collapses I’ve been backing the draw through in tests recently just doesn’t bear thinking about. It’s felt like every frigging test. Then I also managed to lose on one of the only games that’s been drawn in ages too.
By:
TerryHurlock
When: 11 Jan 19 14:33
that one stayed low
By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 Jan 19 14:37

Jan 11, 2019 -- 2:33PM, TerryHurlock wrote:

that one stayed low

Err yeah, not great for the draw that, although a minor issue by comparison with SA going 6/33 this session.

Just praying they can fluke out a bat until close of play or at least for another 45m to kill Pakistan batting any overs tonight. Alternatively, Pak batting solidly would be fine but SA’s low score would then be quite a problem later on unless they really bat well second dig and will keep the draw price up throughout unless and until they do.

By:
Fatslogger
When: 11 Jan 19 14:41
This series so far is very much in the market’s mind, I think. Usually even if the draw flew out on wickets in this sort of scenario, it would come back in at least a bit on a couple of quiet overs, let alone three or four of them. It’s just not done that at all here.
Page 2 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com