Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Culvin
04 Jan 19 03:16
| Topic/replies: 2,260 | Blogger: Culvin's blog
I PLAYED CRICKET , for my school and as a boy ,  i was very interested in the sport  . My Father informed me that his sister had won the raffle at a school she worked at in Yorkshire called Ampleforth College . She worked at the school as a cook . The prize she won was of 16 famous  cricketers autographs written in 3 different coloured , blue , green and  black marker pens . It is on a large sheet , and  it measures about 3 foot by 2 . The autographs include  England's tallest ever cricketer Tony Greig  and England's shortest cricketer Harry Pilling  . The other autographs are of Alan Knott , Chris Old , F Engineer , Frank Hayes , Mike Denness , Ken Shuttleworth , Clive Lloyd , Keith Fletcher , Derek Underwood , David Lloyd , Peter Lever , Phil Sharpe , John Snow and Geoff Boycott . According to my father , the game  being played was a benefit game . I would guess that the game took place around 1973-75 but i only acquired the prize from my auntie around 4 or 5 years later . Anybody here interested ? . THANKS  FOR READING .
Pause Switch to Standard View ANYBODY , interested in buying this .
Show More
Report Culvin January 4, 2019 3:17 AM GMT
Report Charlie January 4, 2019 4:17 PM GMT
Culvin I think you'll find they aren't real autographs!
Report Culvin January 4, 2019 7:53 PM GMT
CHARLIE , I don't know if that's the case or not .I only know what i was told by my Dad..You may very well be right , mate .What makes you say that?
Report detraveller January 4, 2019 8:27 PM GMT
I don't have anything positive to contribute to the thread. So apologies in advance for my stupid post. But is there a reason you capitalize the first word of the post every time?
Report Culvin January 5, 2019 2:10 AM GMT
No,it's just a peculiarity that I've just recently acquired . I write poetry
and I often do it with some of the poems I write .
Thank you , detraveller.
Report Culvin January 5, 2019 2:16 AM GMT
I didn't do it then , detraveller , I thank you for helping remove my
peculiarity , my peculiarity is no more .
All Best .
Report Charlie January 5, 2019 7:02 AM GMT
CULVIN because I thought some of the names didn't look like signatures and so Googled a few of them: Tong Greig, Alan Knott and John Snow.
Report detraveller January 5, 2019 9:42 PM GMT
THESE AUTOGRAPHS don't look real to me either. Most of them are written in a very stylish way. I wouldn't expect cricketers to have such neat autographs, though I maybe wrong as I have never met/seen a real cricketer in my life, let alone see how their autographs look like.

BOYCOTT'S sugnature in particular looks to have been written by an artist. Was Boycott one? The autograph must be 6-7 inches in length if its a 3x2 feet sheet. I can expect a neat signature in small font on a normal paper but at that scale, Boycott's signature looks a designer's work to me.
Report jucel69 January 5, 2019 11:37 PM GMT
looks like the same person wrote each oneLaugh
Report currant bun January 5, 2019 11:53 PM GMT
I have Greig, Knott and Snow's autographs - the ones shown here are fakes!
Report Culvin January 6, 2019 6:15 AM GMT
OK , Lads , Thanks for the opinions . I'm gonna let me dad know that is sister was a little fraudster .Laugh
Report Cardinal Scott January 6, 2019 6:25 AM GMT
It looks as if it came from that era anyway, hang onto it for sentimental value.
Report peckerdunne January 6, 2019 8:41 PM GMT
All very PEculiar
Report Culvin January 10, 2019 12:41 AM GMT
Yeh , I'll definitely hang onto it , Cardinal . Can you please do us a favour ? The next time you have a little word in the Pope's little ear , please try and persuade him that contraception is a friend not an ememy .Thank you and a happy new year to you , sir .
Report Culvin January 10, 2019 12:42 AM GMT
peckerdunne , Laugh
Report Culvin January 13, 2019 1:37 AM GMT
Enemy ^
Report Culvin January 13, 2019 1:41 AM GMT
Thanks for the contributions .THREAD FINITO .
Report detraveller January 13, 2019 9:48 PM GMT
No you can't finish a thread just like that. This cannot be undone.
Report Culvin January 14, 2019 12:31 AM GMT
It's my fred , i can do what i wan't with it , ha ha . How are you detraveller ?
Report Culvin January 14, 2019 12:32 AM GMT
Want ^
Report detraveller January 14, 2019 11:35 AM GMT
Fine, thanks.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com