Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Culvin
04 Jan 19 03:16
| Topic/replies: 2,260 | Blogger: Culvin's blog
I PLAYED CRICKET , for my school and as a boy ,  i was very interested in the sport  . My Father informed me that his sister had won the raffle at a school she worked at in Yorkshire called Ampleforth College . She worked at the school as a cook . The prize she won was of 16 famous  cricketers autographs written in 3 different coloured , blue , green and  black marker pens . It is on a large sheet , and  it measures about 3 foot by 2 . The autographs include  England's tallest ever cricketer Tony Greig  and England's shortest cricketer Harry Pilling  . The other autographs are of Alan Knott , Chris Old , F Engineer , Frank Hayes , Mike Denness , Ken Shuttleworth , Clive Lloyd , Keith Fletcher , Derek Underwood , David Lloyd , Peter Lever , Phil Sharpe , John Snow and Geoff Boycott . According to my father , the game  being played was a benefit game . I would guess that the game took place around 1973-75 but i only acquired the prize from my auntie around 4 or 5 years later . Anybody here interested ? . THANKS  FOR READING .

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 21
By:
Culvin
When: 04 Jan 19 03:17
By:
Charlie
When: 04 Jan 19 16:17
Culvin I think you'll find they aren't real autographs!
By:
Culvin
When: 04 Jan 19 19:53
CHARLIE , I don't know if that's the case or not .I only know what i was told by my Dad..You may very well be right , mate .What makes you say that?
By:
detraveller
When: 04 Jan 19 20:27
I don't have anything positive to contribute to the thread. So apologies in advance for my stupid post. But is there a reason you capitalize the first word of the post every time?
By:
Culvin
When: 05 Jan 19 02:10
No,it's just a peculiarity that I've just recently acquired . I write poetry
and I often do it with some of the poems I write .
Thank you , detraveller.
By:
Culvin
When: 05 Jan 19 02:16
I didn't do it then , detraveller , I thank you for helping remove my
peculiarity , my peculiarity is no more .
All Best .
By:
Charlie
When: 05 Jan 19 07:02
CULVIN because I thought some of the names didn't look like signatures and so Googled a few of them: Tong Greig, Alan Knott and John Snow.
By:
detraveller
When: 05 Jan 19 21:42
THESE AUTOGRAPHS don't look real to me either. Most of them are written in a very stylish way. I wouldn't expect cricketers to have such neat autographs, though I maybe wrong as I have never met/seen a real cricketer in my life, let alone see how their autographs look like.

BOYCOTT'S sugnature in particular looks to have been written by an artist. Was Boycott one? The autograph must be 6-7 inches in length if its a 3x2 feet sheet. I can expect a neat signature in small font on a normal paper but at that scale, Boycott's signature looks a designer's work to me.
By:
jucel69
When: 05 Jan 19 23:37
looks like the same person wrote each oneLaugh
By:
currant bun
When: 05 Jan 19 23:53
I have Greig, Knott and Snow's autographs - the ones shown here are fakes!
By:
Culvin
When: 06 Jan 19 06:15
OK , Lads , Thanks for the opinions . I'm gonna let me dad know that is sister was a little fraudster .Laugh
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 06 Jan 19 06:25
It looks as if it came from that era anyway, hang onto it for sentimental value.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 06 Jan 19 20:41
All very PEculiar
By:
Culvin
When: 10 Jan 19 00:41
Yeh , I'll definitely hang onto it , Cardinal . Can you please do us a favour ? The next time you have a little word in the Pope's little ear , please try and persuade him that contraception is a friend not an ememy .Thank you and a happy new year to you , sir .
By:
Culvin
When: 10 Jan 19 00:42
peckerdunne , Laugh
By:
Culvin
When: 13 Jan 19 01:37
Enemy ^
By:
Culvin
When: 13 Jan 19 01:41
Thanks for the contributions .THREAD FINITO .
By:
detraveller
When: 13 Jan 19 21:48
No you can't finish a thread just like that. This cannot be undone.
By:
Culvin
When: 14 Jan 19 00:31
It's my fred , i can do what i wan't with it , ha ha . How are you detraveller ?
By:
Culvin
When: 14 Jan 19 00:32
Want ^
By:
detraveller
When: 14 Jan 19 11:35
Fine, thanks.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply