Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pxb
20 Nov 17 05:30
| Topic/replies: 8,019 | Blogger: pxb's blog
Pitch could be greener than usual, but groundsman thinks the match will last 5 days.

A possible shower forecast every day.

Win toss and bat, unless your name is Nasser Hussain.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 37  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 37 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,471
By:
mafeking
When: 20 Nov 17 13:52
groundsman being optimistic there. england hardly ever get into day 5 let alone a draw these days. 2 batting sides full of holes expect plenty of short action packed games
By:
Injera
When: 20 Nov 17 18:19
Groundsman hasn't looked at the teamsheets. 2 very flawed sides. How many of the batsmen will be regarded long term? Warner, Smith (horrid 'technique') Cook, Root. That's it. (Bairstow mentioned in despatches). Quite a statement for Ashes cricket.

Draw starting to look very layable.
By:
pxb
When: 20 Nov 17 21:43
A spicy pitch and Aus pacers on their game. Could be a short Test.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 21 Nov 17 19:02
Want it to start. Hoping Overton gets the nod.The reality of the situation will avail itself just over 24 hours. I do hope England bat and man up. If they do things could get glorious. Of course we are fearful!

There is a lot of talk about going back in the crease. My own philosophy is to get across and into line. faster the bowler the less time you have to go back and across.  IF we retreat into the crease we will get  mullared imho. Get forward show some courage. When it is short step across!
By:
The Dragon
When: 21 Nov 17 21:02
wontbe a good start for us i fear
By:
pxb
When: 22 Nov 17 06:07
Pitch is pretty green. Will be an interesting first session.
By:
FatherMaguire
When: 22 Nov 17 09:06
Disappointing they've selected Ball - just can't see what he offers.
By:
tomtimtum
When: 22 Nov 17 09:29
For all the UK people posting here, how much of it are you planning to watch?
Pull an all nighter? Get up to watch the last session? Go to bed after the first session?
By:
Foinavon
When: 22 Nov 17 11:29
Bed after the first session then watch highlights the next day.
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 22 Nov 17 12:55
All Nighter for me and total focus until such time as I decide India Lanka 2nd test is a better proposition to earn some coin.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 22 Nov 17 14:31
First session.......highlights..

Then an hour maybe followed by last session...highlights..

I remember the days when the forum was alive.

All forums are knackered these days...

You cant voice any constructive criticism without PP mods stripping your post.

Capitalism only applies to the working class, the rest can do what they like.
By:
mafeking
When: 22 Nov 17 14:48
almost certainly will be see through to the hopefully not bitter end tonight

adelaide and perth much less friendly starting in the middle of the night

aussie pace attack being hyped up to ridiculous levels. cummins has not even played a test in australia yet and pretty sure has never been the leading wicket taker in a home series
By:
mafeking
When: 22 Nov 17 14:49
starc that is
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 22 Nov 17 15:38
I disagree with you entirely makefing.

I have seen a lot of Starc and hazlewood and indeed Lyon and know enough about Cumming to know he is to be feared on a fast bouncy pitch. 2 of the first 3 games are on fast bouncy pitches. One our 6ft 5inch monkeys did not make the team which I think is a big mistake. Ball would be better suited to Adelaide and I would not want him to get hammered here first.

The only things that fills me with hope is paradoxically our batting! I have been a big critic of the selectors but I am hoping they have pulled rabbits with the choice of Stonewall and Malaan. Their games may be suited to Aus and only Vince is looking like a weak selection prior to a ball being bowled in anger.

I would have prefered Overton to Ball as a 6ft 5 he would make it tougher for the Aussies to get after him on the front foot. I fear Ball is slower and will be fodder when the ball does dead and that is when he will bowl. Overton carries menace but still pitches the ball up and I like that.

I just hope we don't get blown away in the first session! If we have not lost the Ashes in the first 30 overs tomorrow I think we are in the ball game and can return with interest as the pressure will be on Aussie.

Oh and Warner has a sore back! They have two great batsmen and some who can bat well at home sometimes.
By:
TerryHurlock
When: 22 Nov 17 16:18
afternoon WD...im so excited
week off work...tick
beer and munchies in fridge ...tick
new,well 2nd hand stolen off brother laptop...tick

now where does my money go?..really want to lay draw as the price looks good,but thats only because of the iffy weather so i will hold off for now
certainly wont be going early or at all on russian roulette draw back to lays with these two batting line ups..maybe try with england when they go a couple down

good toss to lose if its a green top with cloud cover?..anyone have a photo of the pitch?,anyone on here in brisbane?....WD strolling around the gold coast in hiss panama het and MCC blazer
so undecided but really hoping its competitive and gets to the 5th day
only bet so far is Woakes england man of the series at 11-1
By:
mafeking
When: 22 Nov 17 16:19
all i'm saying it's that the aussie pace trio are being talked up like 70 wickets between them in the series is a given. they may go well but let's see how many they really get
By:
TerryHurlock
When: 22 Nov 17 16:21

Nov 22, 2017 -- 3:29AM, tomtimtum wrote:

For all the UK people posting here, how much of it are you planning to watch?Pull an all nighter? Get up to watch the last session? Go to bed after the first session?

i will be going for the all nighter if i can last.
always try and watch the brisbane test.and as mafeking says,the adelaide and perth are too late
off for a kip now with alarm set for 11
chaaaarrrrgge

By:
TerryHurlock
When: 22 Nov 17 16:23
be suprised if Cummings plays more than two tests
By:
Injera
When: 22 Nov 17 16:34
It's too close to call. Both sides are something of a shambles. Us with Stokes' antics, injuries and the nonsensical selection of Vince at 3. Root will most probably end up there when he finally sees sense.

(If Vince doesn't do well, Ballance comes in and we know that won't end well.)

As for them, Dropping Renshaw for a newbie, Marsh recalled again and Paine in to keep despite not keeping for Tassy.

Not sure if Tuffers was joking but he reckons he saw Paine shopping for keeping gloves...

Then there's Pattisnon, out for the series. A big loss.

I think it'll be 3-2 either way. These doom merchant pundits predicting 3-1, 4-0 had better be wrong..
By:
TerryHurlock
When: 22 Nov 17 16:38
Not sure if Tuffers was joking but he reckons he saw Paine shopping for keeping gloves...Laugh
im quietly confident England will give them a game in this 1st test...if it wasnt for the history at the the Gabbatoir i would put my money where my mouth is
By:
Injera
When: 22 Nov 17 17:30
Quite interesting with Marsh. 23 Tests, 4 tons and 6 recalls. Very amusing video on cricinfo about him!
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 22 Nov 17 18:20
Will be confident of my Australia bet if they win here as we tend to collapse when we lose here. Both batting line ups are way below average though, the experts can big this series up but both sides are not a patch on previous ashes winning sides, esp Australia. Could come down to which batting team collapses the least.
By:
PLEASE TELL THE TRUTH
When: 22 Nov 17 18:40

Nov 22, 2017 -- 12:20PM, SontaranStratagem wrote:

Will be confident of my Australia bet if they win here as we tend to collapse when we lose here. Both batting line ups are way below average though, the experts can big this series up but both sides are not a patch on previous ashes winning sides, esp Australia. Could come down to which batting team collapses the least.

can not remember two worse ashes teams !!

By:
Charlie
When: 22 Nov 17 19:14
Certainly wont be staying up to watch this so have to take a shot before toss. I think Aussie team is sh!te but stats at this ground are telling. No idea so laying Aussies as they're the shortest.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 22 Nov 17 21:00
Evening Terry!

That T3 is not just an Amateur but a Shamateur! I will be staying up all night I hope too! Going to do a leg of lamb to help keep me going!

I have taken a lay of Aussie and a small specualtive back of England. Both imprudent financial management but I just can't help myself. Aussie are far too short saving a first morning blitz so I think I could get most of my money back and I ma prepared to lose my England money as a patriotic declaration of intent to these Convicts, we are here to win.

I might take a look at the fight and jump in with and England series bet win and drawn series as cover if the odds are right.

I am quite bullish. Just that fear of a first morning collapse. I read a good article. it might not be the best batsmen that win this series but the middle order fightbacks and I think we are better placed as is our bowling line up as it is longer. They have nothing else to offer after Pattison went lame.

We must keep them in the fiels for 4 sessions plus. They only need to last 3 tests. Adelaide may be a toss up and luck but if we don't get it the Ashes could be lost after Perth and then no doubt we bring back Wood! Haunted by the spectre of too late I guess we fly over Stokes too! Madness!

Oh and I just need Manure to score to have a little Ashes fighting fund boost. Got a few shekels on some small accumulators!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 22 Nov 17 21:07
Where are the weathermen?

Any chance of enough rain to tempt a draw or will the clouds help the bowlers?

I am thinking Aus lay looks quite a bet at present levels.
By:
pxb
When: 22 Nov 17 21:28
I'm not too concerned about the weather. Just brief showers by the look of it. Maybe a bit heavier days 4 and 5. But I expect it to be over day 4.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 22 Nov 17 21:48
c'mon pxb

you can't leave it at that! where is the smart money?!
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 22 Nov 17 21:58
I'm toss dependant here but will have a good think in next 90 mins, this will be a 100 million matched test match if it goes 5 days.Excited
By:
pxb
When: 22 Nov 17 21:59
Pity Jucel isn't around. He is the pitch man.

I expect the ball to move around early and whoever bats will do well to go only a couple down by lunch. I think the first session will probably determine the match one way or the other.
By:
anxious
When: 22 Nov 17 22:23
England have been backed a bit last couple of days
By:
dr . atkins
When: 22 Nov 17 22:32
think the biggest surprise is the ashes on bt sport why have sky got a cricket channel for fck sake
By:
anxious
When: 22 Nov 17 22:43
Dr Sky dropped a massive one losing the Ashes be interesting to see the ratings for this series
By:
hologon
When: 22 Nov 17 22:50
no champions league no Ashes BT are the ones paying top notch for the contracts
By:
anxious
When: 22 Nov 17 22:55
Yes agree there hologon if Sky lost the premier league it could be adios
By:
matbones
When: 22 Nov 17 22:57
any decent streams?  thanks
By:
hologon
When: 22 Nov 17 23:02
Think this special channels and main event  confuses issues, was watching a match the other day ended up n 3 different channels over 4 hours
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 22 Nov 17 23:03
get BT Broadband mate!

or try crictime.com and cricket-tv.net
By:
wondersobright
When: 22 Nov 17 23:05
tom...ALL NIGHTER Grin
Page 1 of 37  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 37 | Next
sort by:
Show