Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pxb
04 Jul 15 22:59
| Topic/replies: 8,019 | Blogger: pxb's blog
Some showers in the forecast but no extended rain at this point.

Only 2 Tests played here, a draw with Aus and England then smashed SL in the 2nd innings. 1st inn scores around 400.

Aus odds just over 2, despite not having won a series in England for 14 years.  Which is remarkable when you think about it. This Aus team aren't that good, nor are England that dismal.

While, I think Aus seamers will take early wickets, I also think Eng middle order good enough to get runs after the new ball wears off.

A draw back to lay, I think. Although with the forecast showers day 1 and potentially early wickets. Might pay to back in play.

Looking forward to this. Should be a good series.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 28  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 28 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,102
By:
mafeking
When: 05 Jul 15 00:23
gotta think the wicket will be slow and flat - a real chief exec's track. glamorgan of all the host counties will be desperate for 5 full days play and all the revenue associated with that

oz definitely too short. you could easily make a case for 4 or even 5 england players in a composite XI. the obvious main difference in personnel is likely to be 3rd and 4th seamers on both sides

alos australia just have a winning mentality whereas england have a nasty of habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in the last year or so. have given up winning positions twice at headingley and in barbados. when england have a bad session at the moment it tends to be a disastrous match losing session. they lose 5 or 6 wickets rather than 2 or 3
By:
sonofshinner
When: 05 Jul 15 07:36
for me its a lay of the hosts from k.o....oz will make sure england dont get anything out this 1st test to lift their spirits..
By:
Injera
When: 05 Jul 15 12:09
I've backed the draw at 3.7 a while back. Should shorten as we get nearer to Wednesday.

As long as there's no clatter of wickets in the first session it will trade much lower.

Fascinating market already. Little confidence in the hosts and the Oz price will take some shifting. As always the draw price has to react and it will often be wrong during the match.

Test Cricket Love
By:
SecondComing
When: 05 Jul 15 23:52
alright you ****g pommy **** now it's time put up or shut up, we lost 1 of our great players, Ryan Harris but we replace him with another great young player, he played 1 game in South Africa and tore them apart

our form in this format has been impeccable unlike you lot of ****g idiots couldn't even beat West Indies ffs
By:
mafeking
When: 06 Jul 15 00:00
err seem to remember you got annihilated by pakistan in the emirates last winter - the most one sided test series in history i believe
By:
jucel69
When: 06 Jul 15 01:06

Jul 6, 2015 -- 12:00AM, mafeking wrote:

err seem to remember you got annihilated by pakistan in the emirates last winter - the most one sided test series in history i believe

No, the 4-0 in India was much worse!!

By:
jucel69
When: 06 Jul 15 02:19
first review of pitch expectations

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2015/content/story/894429.html
By:
dylansdad
When: 06 Jul 15 09:26
I believe Keith Exton as been told by the powers they want a flat slow pitch,and that wouldn't have come from anyone within GlamorganWink, so i'm all over the drawGrin
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 06 Jul 15 16:07
I can't see how playing Ballance can be justified. His tecnique is shot to buggery at the moment and he will be caught like a rabbit in the head lights way back in his crease.Rashid could probaby score more runs even if he gets flayed all over the park with his bowling but still better to have in have him in the side.

Looks like it could be a flat wicket. I hope The Enforcer and Best White Ball Bowler in the World gets flogged and Finn comes in at Lords.

The only was I can see England winning is for Anderson to bowl some magic and Rashid to get the tailenders out but that looks more of a McCartney Filterless situation than a dream. Although I suppose if we do get dead pitches it might negate The Aussie advantage.

How do England win?
By:
Injera
When: 06 Jul 15 16:46
England win by doing the basics.

Get to 100-2. Accelerate as the ball gets older, especially between overs 60-80 when Lyon and possibly Watson will be bowling.

Set it up for the lower middle order which I wouldn't swap for theirs..

As for bowling, Warner gives chances, Smith must shirley nick off if it swings, Clarke hates the short ball, Voges is untried, Watto doesn't get past 50, Haddin and Rogers are old.

Simples Grin
By:
mafeking
When: 06 Jul 15 17:12
had them 150 for 5 in every first innings last time when we didn't even want to be there and their batting is certainly no better this time
By:
dylansdad
When: 06 Jul 15 23:37
starting book

ENG        0
AUS       -100
DRAW      +180

gl all not long nowHappy
By:
cricketnut2
When: 07 Jul 15 11:13
England, have a new coach, so there will be some difference there, so players may well take to his methods or may not. What England, should do is play the game, almost like a 50 over game and really attack their bowlers and try and smash them out of sight, a bit like the Australians will try and do to the English attack. Bowlers quickly fall apart, when they are being whacked around the ground. However a slow Cardiff wicket, isn't where England, would want to start this series, or for that sort of attacking play.
By:
PLEASE TELL THE TRUTH
When: 07 Jul 15 13:34
given England's most recent changes in attitude and fortune, think this first test is closer than what the market is suggesting, would rather be backing England at 4.4 than draw 3.6 with the weather set good for five days !!!!
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 07 Jul 15 20:16
I see Coming Second is back for another pasting.
By:
the fink sisters
When: 07 Jul 15 21:55
Don't worry - they'll be plenty more coming out of the woodwork.

I always used to enjoy Deadly Ernest - though he had the considerable advantage of having a brain.
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 08 Jul 15 06:47
Yeah deadly was funny - a lot of the rest of em are shrieking morons.
By:
appformat
When: 08 Jul 15 07:42
Todays cooler overcast conditions could suit England, so would'nt be surprised if they put AUS into bat first, should England win the toss....
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 08 Jul 15 09:07

Jul 7, 2015 -- 8:16PM, Eeternaloptimist wrote:

I see Coming Second is back for another pasting.

Grin

By:
trader pj
When: 08 Jul 15 09:11
Ideal bowling conditions for the next 2 days - which is the primary reason why this game will almost certainly not be a draw. Laying 3.75 is a massive trade for me.
By:
Mike-lfc
When: 08 Jul 15 09:44
is there a Broad to get hit for 6 an over or more on average in the series market?
By:
jucel69
When: 08 Jul 15 10:02
Ricky Ponting is a great addition to the Sky team.
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 08 Jul 15 10:02
wonder if BJT is going to make an appearance, his seething always gives me entertainment CoolGrinLoveLoveLove
By:
jucel69
When: 08 Jul 15 10:05

Jul 8, 2015 -- 10:02AM, GRANTCKING wrote:

wonder if BJT is going to make an appearance, his seething always gives me entertainment

I think he's give up on cricket to focus on AFL

By:
GRANTCKING
When: 08 Jul 15 10:05
Cry nooooooooooo
By:
jucel69
When: 08 Jul 15 10:06

Jul 8, 2015 -- 10:05AM, GRANTCKING wrote:

nooooooooooo

He might be back for something as important as this

By:
GRANTCKING
When: 08 Jul 15 10:06
Grin
By:
jucel69
When: 08 Jul 15 10:10
W*nker watson instead of M Marsh, can't believe that
By:
SecondComing
When: 08 Jul 15 10:10
fiiiiiive nil five nil fiiiiive nil five nil

you ****g moron EeternalCumstain, noticed you went on an Eeternal vacation last time Australia spanked England pillar to post

for the difference between these teams is simple, we have better bowlers and much better batting depth (we bat all the way down, I mean all the way down), England relying heavy on Cook to produce the goods, Joe Root is already rattled by Warner, not a ball bowled yet ffs

hope there's plenty of lubricant in stock around the Cardiff area for these bunch of ponces representing England
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 08 Jul 15 10:11
lmao comingsecond is fully seethinig already, amazing scenes Cool
By:
Mike-lfc
When: 08 Jul 15 10:14

Jul 8, 2015 -- 10:10AM, jucel69 wrote:

W*nker watson instead of M Marsh, can't believe that

hasnt Marsh averaged about 100 in the warm up games

By:
PLEASE TELL THE TRUTH
When: 08 Jul 15 10:14
drizzling, covers on as a precaution !!!
By:
jucel69
When: 08 Jul 15 10:16

Jul 8, 2015 -- 10:14AM, Mike-lfc wrote:

Jul  8, 2015 -- 10:10AM, jucel69 wrote:W*nker watson instead of M Marsh, can't believe thathasnt Marsh averaged about 100 in the warm up games

I really rate M Marsh, he was one of the only players that stood up when they were stuffed by the Pakis.

By:
PLEASE TELL THE TRUTH
When: 08 Jul 15 10:16
players still warming up Cool
By:
jucel69
When: 08 Jul 15 10:17

Jul 8, 2015 -- 10:16AM, PLEASE TELL THE TRUTH wrote:

players still warming up

radar looks ok, should be no problem starting on time

By:
SecondComing
When: 08 Jul 15 10:17
I honestly don't know why we continue to pick Watson, he's not going score significant runs, he will dry up an end with the ball and that is all he offers
By:
SecondComing
When: 08 Jul 15 10:18

Jul 8, 2015 -- 10:14AM, PLEASE TELL THE TRUTH wrote:

drizzling, covers on as a precaution !!!

imagine my surprise

By:
Mike-lfc
When: 08 Jul 15 10:20

Jul 8, 2015 -- 10:18AM, SecondComing wrote:

Jul  8, 2015 -- 10:14AM, PLEASE TELL THE TRUTH wrote:drizzling, covers on as a precaution !!!imagine my surprise

ok ill guess its like this > Plain

By:
PLEASE TELL THE TRUTH
When: 08 Jul 15 10:21
players warming up so should be ok for 11am start Happy
Page 1 of 28  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 28 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML