Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tyco161
10 Feb 14 01:36
| Topic/replies: 7,050 | Blogger: tyco161's blog
Wonder what people are making of this game. I am thinking that a small back of NZ and a lay of the draw may be the way to go. I see that the prices for this game are a lot closer than game one where here India are the favourites just. I do not think their last performance justifies that. However it looks like Ross Taylor will be out for NZ (his wife is about to drop; a baby) and he will be a big loss. Talk either Tom Latham and or Martin Guptill to fill his boots. Should be an interesting game nevertheless.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 24  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 24 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 924
By:
pxb
When: 10 Feb 14 04:44
Didn't know that about Taylor.

Thx

Weather not looking good last 2 days.
By:
tyco161
When: 10 Feb 14 08:49
The Taylor thing is not a cert pxb, but if she doesnt give birth before the game I do believe Ross will be out. Jesse (Ryder) was initially picked on stand by for this very reason but he has today been dropped for another of his indiscretions.
By:
tyco161
When: 10 Feb 14 08:50
that weather forecast for the last 2 days you can ignore as well. Just like for the Auckland test, anything over 5 days out I just ignore here as they always have rain on those days but it invariably does not rain.
By:
pxb
When: 10 Feb 14 09:01
I realize that NZ weather forecasts 7 or 8 days out are unreliable, but I go on the best information I have.

Market seems to be ignoring it.
By:
tyco161
When: 10 Feb 14 20:36
Looks like there could be a bit of precipitation around on Friday (day 1). But Monday is looking better on the long range forecast. As with WEllignton it is really hard to tell and there is a micro climate around because of all the hills. Not sure yet But I hope to go to Wellington for the test and if I am in town I will try and give updates  re the weather and conditions on this forum when time permits.
By:
pxb
When: 10 Feb 14 21:10
Tyco, any news on Taylor?

Been a big move up and then down in the NZ price, and I assume Taylor is the reason.
By:
Foinavon
When: 10 Feb 14 21:37
Draw is no good for India so it's not good for me.
Have layed the dip in the draw price and hoping for good weather.
Thanks to Tyco for your assessment, I have confidence in your local knowledge.
By:
scliffor
When: 10 Feb 14 22:37
Problem with draw laying is that NZ would take a draw and whilst McCullum is quite aggressive in his captaincy in the field, the evidence of the England series and the first test in this series is that he doesn't take a chance with follow ons/declarations. Also not sure Dhoni will risk losing 2-0 to try to get back to 1-1.
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 10 Feb 14 22:44
The follow on is all but redundant in the modern game. The plus for India is that their bowlers showed they can bowl NZ out in Auckland,

unfortunately for them it came an innings too late. I think we could be in for a cracker of a test.
By:
Foinavon
When: 10 Feb 14 23:25
There are always different points of view and it's not easy to decide.
Some you win, some you lose.

Hope this will be another exciting Test match helped by the changeable weather conditions. Volatility is the punter's friend.

Good points Captain Wurzel and Scliffor.
By:
pxb
When: 11 Feb 14 00:37
The issue for me is the pitch. Will we see a green seamer? Talk of NZ not playing a spinner.

If a fairly flat pitch, predicted rain on day 5 brings the draw into play.
By:
tyco161
When: 11 Feb 14 00:56
HI guys, no news on Taylor yet, its all about when his partner is going to give birth. I am of the understanding that if she gives birth before the test that he will play, if not he will not play. So we don't know how that will pan out till the day. The movement on the NZ and INdian prices may also have been due to the bookies pricing NZ up as favourites while initially on here India were favs. I still think NZ will win this one. They have the momentum, confidence and mongrel. India will be pretty tired too after touring so long. Draw always up in the air and the Basin is generally a good pitch for test cricket.
By:
tyco161
When: 11 Feb 14 01:26
Just heard off the wires. Tom Latham has been called in for cover for Ross Taylor. Ross Taylor will not play if the baby does not arrive before the start of play come Friday morning.
By:
pxb
When: 11 Feb 14 09:29
Again, I'm out of this, until I have more confidence in that day 5 forecast.
By:
tyco161
When: 11 Feb 14 18:14
pitch update:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/9710416/The-green-green-grass-of-home-at-Basin-Reserve
By:
Tractor
When: 11 Feb 14 21:53
Hi tyco, excellent read that. Sounds like another massive draw lay. The West Indies wicket did plenty I remember and this sounds the same, if a touch greener!! Its just the weather, so unpredictable but sounds like a high building in over the weekend. Any thoughts most welcome. Many Thanks
By:
jucel69
When: 12 Feb 14 23:18
The a*se has dropped out of the draw. Missed that bugger!
By:
jucel69
When: 12 Feb 14 23:22
hate to see rain still forecast for day 5. The worst day to have bad weather forecast imo. Should be over in 4, but you never know!
By:
jucel69
When: 12 Feb 14 23:27
http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zealand-v-india-2014/content/story/718247.html

Half way down the page is a picture of the pitch. Wow, that is super green!!
By:
tyco161
When: 13 Feb 14 00:31
Taylor out, Sodhi dropped, Latham and Neesham in:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/9717966/Ross-Taylor-to-miss-NZs-second-test-with-India
By:
tyco161
When: 13 Feb 14 00:34
you watch Jucel69, that "rain" forecast on day 5 will be gone tomorrow.
By:
jucel69
When: 13 Feb 14 01:12
By the look of the pitch, not sure it will last that long anyway!
By:
pxb
When: 13 Feb 14 01:15
India aren't going to be happy with that pitch. ZK excepted.
By:
tyco161
When: 13 Feb 14 01:18
remembering guys that a pitch for the WI series looked like that too, NZ ended up batting first and we know what happened there. Might do something first session but should be ok after that. But I do think the winning **** is going to bowl first.
By:
oddduck
When: 13 Feb 14 16:19
3 out of last 4 matches finished in a draw. Seems a tad big.
By:
Tractor
When: 13 Feb 14 21:22
Toss in 10 mins, any updates in and around wellington would be much appeciated
By:
tyco161
When: 13 Feb 14 21:25
Hi Tractor, toss should be on time.  A little bit of rain threatening but should amount to nothing with the forecast very good for the following 3 days. Will update once toss has been made and can give a view on the pitch as well too. Wonder how much grass they shaved off.
By:
tyco161
When: 13 Feb 14 21:33
india win toss and bowl
By:
Tractor
When: 13 Feb 14 21:34
Hi tyco, I see quite a bit of rain north of wellington on the radar. Might that threaten?
By:
tyco161
When: 13 Feb 14 21:37
a little in the afternoon maybe, but probably not. Pitch is green and harder than for the WI game according to Simon Doull. Should be a good game.
By:
tyco161
When: 13 Feb 14 21:43
I bet Fulton and Rutherford have got squeeky bum time right now. I know I would have.
By:
tyco161
When: 13 Feb 14 21:52
there we go, Tuesday's forecast  has been upgraded and now no rain for the next five days. NZ weather forecasters play it safe on the rain side. Ie predict a lot more rain than actually falls.
By:
hologon
When: 13 Feb 14 21:59
What would be a par score for nZ  batting first would they take 330?
By:
pxb
When: 13 Feb 14 22:02
I can't see a NZ - Taylor getting much past 250.
By:
hologon
When: 13 Feb 14 22:05
gone under 310
By:
jucel69
When: 13 Feb 14 22:07
These NZ pitches are really tricky to read.
By:
Foinavon
When: 13 Feb 14 22:08
Instead of the advertised live cricket, Sky Sports still showing two fat men throwing darts. Grrr.
By:
jucel69
When: 13 Feb 14 22:08
http://www.crictime.com/cricket_live_streaming_free_1.htm
By:
jucel69
When: 13 Feb 14 22:09
3 seamers not enough for India.
Page 1 of 24  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 24 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page