Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
EnvyMyGreen
21 Aug 12 22:16
| Topic/replies: 2,765 | Blogger: EnvyMyGreen's blog
lets face it a few freak results against an australian team in transition, and smashing a terrible indian touring team at home. england were never really a number one team in the world, and recent results prove it.

smashed by pakistan
humiliated by south africa
and an indian series to come which will also end in tears

england could be ranked in the bottom 3 come next year

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 77
By:
EnvyMyGreen
When: 21 Aug 12 22:18
love the pundits who said england would go onto dominate test cricket for this decade with the bowling attack... and talent coming through LaughLaughLaughLaugh

they didnt even dominate for one year

mugs
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 21 Aug 12 22:42
Who do you think were the number one team in this period ?
By:
EnvyMyGreen
When: 21 Aug 12 23:15
1. South Africa
2. Australia
3. India
4. Pakistan
5. Sri Lanka
6. England

Aussies will be back where they belong at the top after the next SA series though! And then we can start thinking about taking our ashes back from you overrated pommie *****.
By:
Jack Pot
When: 21 Aug 12 23:40
Would you still be posting this rubbish if England had got the 340 odd yesterday?

Doesn't getting rolled over by new zealand or the fact you have no decent batsmen other thank clarke, or the fact your best bowler is peter ****ing siddle worry you?!
By:
Jack Pot
When: 21 Aug 12 23:56
And by the way, assume they were still in transition a few weeks ago when the only freak thing about the result was the weather saving aus from a 5-0 bollocking?!
By:
Joel
When: 22 Aug 12 03:23
I thought that was 1 day cricket?
By:
Jack Pot
When: 22 Aug 12 08:53
And that doesn't count? Youd rather talk about the last test series?
By:
Joel
When: 22 Aug 12 09:44
Well no it doesn't count when talking about test cricket.
By:
Lix
When: 22 Aug 12 09:56
yes this amazing saffer team was clearly the best team in the world despite no series win against a top3
opponent in nearly 4 years.... Cry

Do me a fkin favour...
By:
Jack Pot
When: 22 Aug 12 10:04
Ok Joel have it your way, we'll use the last 2 test series as the yardstick!

SA might be better than England, but they're not that much better and aus are miles behind both.
By:
Joel
When: 22 Aug 12 10:20
Aus have improved since the last ashes series, particularly in bowling.  England may have declined. Aus obviously not as good yet but the gap is not as wide as it was after the Ashes...
By:
Nige down south
When: 22 Aug 12 11:11
South Africa deserve their promotion to top spot. All round the strongest test team in world cricket.

England are still a solid 2nd vying with India for this position.

All the others are still some way behind.

Australia very weak by their own high standards, especially bowling wise with Lee now retired. Very much in transition currently.
Pakistan not too bad but weak way from sub continent
Windies are in transition, although always a lot stronger with Gayle in the team
New Zealand - very weak sadly
By:
Joel
When: 22 Aug 12 11:38
Australia got a lot stronger in bowling when Lee retired and Mitchell Johnson was dropped.
By:
Nige down south
When: 22 Aug 12 11:45
Time will tell as regards Australia's bowling as their new crop are still very inexperienced. However they are completely lacking in anyone in the spin department so will have to rely on seam bowlers.
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 22 Aug 12 11:47
Nathan Lyon isn't too bad in the spin dept.
By:
d13phe
When: 22 Aug 12 11:51
Aus's batting is also an issue

Clarke wont play forever
Hussey is nearly retired
Watson is always injured
Ponting - almost retired

in the next 2-3 years they will have to rely on a completely different batting lineup

Not sure Cowan and Warner will be the answer personally
By:
Joel
When: 22 Aug 12 11:54
Agree, batting is a real problem.
By:
Nige down south
When: 22 Aug 12 11:56
Yes you are most definitely correct on your future assessment there d13phe. I had left their batting out as currently they are ok but not for too long, so they will need new young batting blood to come to the fore over the next couple of years.

Warner is a flat track bully not exactly a test player IMO

Wurzel, Lyon is ok but nothing more than that
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 22 Aug 12 12:01
Agree with that nige, but he is better than beer or doherty.
By:
d13phe
When: 22 Aug 12 12:01
I think Kawaja could be a star but needs a run in the team

its ridiculous that Ponting played in front of him for the West Indies series
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 22 Aug 12 12:03
Warner as a test batsman doesn't convince - I hope the Aussies stick with him for 2013 over here - his technique is going to be found out big time.
By:
Nige down south
When: 22 Aug 12 12:08
Yes Wurzel he is way above Beer and Doherty but no where near a quality test bowler currently.

Warner reminds me of Ally Brown - destroys bowling in the shorter format but no patience "and suspect technique" for test cricket.
By:
HansUlrichApfelStrudel
When: 22 Aug 12 12:32
Nige down south
22 Aug 12 11:11
| Topic/replies: 814 | Blogger: Nige down south's blog
South Africa deserve their promotion to top spot. All round the strongest test team in world cricket.

England are still a solid 2nd vying with India for this position.

All the others are still some way behind.

Australia one point behind England in the rankings imo Crazy
By:
Nige down south
When: 22 Aug 12 12:35
I wasn't referring to the actual points Hans, i was just saying IMO they are a long way behind South Africa, England and India on current strength of squad. So i expect them to drop further.
By:
Lix
When: 22 Aug 12 12:37
england right to plummet down the rankings. Our form over the last year has been that of a 4th/5th ranked
team.

6 defeats in 11 games is utter garbage. Cry
By:
EnvyMyGreen
When: 22 Aug 12 13:34
Exactly right Lix. Poms are going to end up right where I said they should have been already when they were officially ranked 1 by a broken system.

It's been a fun journey in fantasyland but in reality I think most people knew Eng were never the best team in the world. They have certainly never looked a great side. They've got nothing on the great Aussie teams. And nowhere near as good as the great West Indies teams either.

They just had some luck with how the fixtures panned out, that Australia was in a transitional period, and many of the teams they played not giving a toss about test cricket.
By:
mafeking
When: 22 Aug 12 13:37
the aussie top 3 of warner, cowan and watson will be horribly exposed in english conditions
By:
EnvyMyGreen
When: 22 Aug 12 13:39
can't do any worse than engs top 3 who were horribly exposed in english conditions by south africa Laugh
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 22 Aug 12 13:44
England been smashing the aussies to bits in all three formats over the last few years - dont see any reason why that isn't going to continue. Hopefully we'll get to play your crew of cr@p in th 20/20 semis - be like having a bye to the finalLaugh
By:
EnvyMyGreen
When: 22 Aug 12 14:00
i've seen the eng squad and there's no ******* way you're even getting to the semifinals Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

warney is right you poms have cut off your nose to spite your face by dropping your best player
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 22 Aug 12 14:04
Yeah the poker playing sex pest was bigging up your mob before the recent onedayers - look what happened there - he's sticking up for his mate doesn't mean sh1t.
By:
EnvyMyGreen
When: 22 Aug 12 14:09
okay Crazy
By:
berto77
When: 22 Aug 12 14:21
England fully deserved their number 1 ranking on results between 2009 and 2011.  As Lix said, their performances since the India series though have been really poor mainly, imo, because of two key factors.

Firstly, their top order batting hasn't consistently fired over the last 12 months.  Cook and/or Trott anchoring big scores was a huge feature of their success but their form has been patchy.  (both with just 1 ton in a year).

Secondly, Swann's form this summer hasn't been great (10 wickets in 5 tests).  Both his wicket tacking abilities and control are so vital to the balance of a four man attack and we've looked a bit toothless with the old ball without his potency (and a lack of reverse swing this summer).

I'd still have England number 2 at the moment, although it might not feel like that when India give us a tough time in a couple of months.  Australia have it all to prove.  If they beat SA and England in the next 12 months than fair enough, but I don't think they'll win either series.
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 22 Aug 12 15:00
Good reasoned points berto.
By:
Queen_Dulu
When: 22 Aug 12 17:38
England not only deserved to become the no. 1 team, but in my opinion they ARE STILL by far the best team in the world. This SA series was far more closer than the scoreline suggests. Rain saved Saffers in the 2nd test, and England would've easily won the 3rd test but for some dropped catches and horrible runouts.

But more importantly ENGLAND ARE A BILLION TIMES BETTER THAN THE CONVICT BASTARDS. THE CONVICTC MOTHERF***** GOT PUMMELED BY THREE INNINGS DEFEATS AT HOME. HA HA HA... THE CONVICT BASTARDS WILL NOT WIN THE ASHES IN THE NEXT 50 YEARS.
By:
Queen_Dulu
When: 22 Aug 12 17:41
By the way here's my test rankings at the moment:

1. England
2. South Africa
3. Pakistan
4. India
5. Sri Lanka
6. West Indies
7. New Zealand
8. CONVICT BASTARDS