Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Vikor
18 Nov 09 18:40
| Topic/replies: 13 | Blogger: Vikor's blog
I am going to Cape Town for the Test match in the New Year. Does anyone on here know how I order tickets? Alternatively, would it be better to buy them from the ground when I get there a day before the game starts?
Show More
Report michael knight November 18, 2009 6:54 PM GMT
www.computicket.com

Can't help as to whether tickets are cheaper on the day or in advance.

No doubt someone else on here can though.
Report Nowthenyagga - Alright eh November 19, 2009 6:16 PM GMT
You can get in for cherrybobs when you get there, test crowds are very sparse.
Report DashMCFC November 19, 2009 7:42 PM GMT
you can order beforehand and collect at the ground - stay in newlands itself - absolutely top class- taxis are in short supply however the v & a wharf is a top notch night out
Report Innocent Bystander November 19, 2009 7:44 PM GMT
Order beforehand from computicket and pick the tickets up in the kiosk in the V&A shopping centre (enter next to the pub, go past the grub outlets then check a map in the centre)

Dont wait til you get to the ground to pick them up - every chance it will take about a month with queues moving very slowly as everyone leaves it til 5 minutes to the start
Report GrimReaper November 19, 2009 8:18 PM GMT
And make sure you visit Nelson's Eye restaurant as well. Top quality meat at reasonable prices. When I was in there in March, (Sir) Geoffrey Boycott was a fellow diner :O
Report Vikor November 20, 2009 1:54 PM GMT
Thanks for the advice, folks.
Report BigMig November 20, 2009 1:57 PM GMT
If you want to splash out (tbh, it is still cheap when converted into pounds), go to Le Colombe restaurant - currently No.38 in the world.
Report Innocent Bystander November 20, 2009 2:00 PM GMT
was no 37 before Big Mig last went :p
Report shrood mug November 25, 2009 12:54 PM GMT
Find the Waterfront a bit of an overrated tourist trap tbh, though Quay 4 is worth visiting for the rib burgers and 3.5 litre Castle kegs.

If you're looking for carnage head to springboks on the other side of the railway from the ground then stumble to Tiger Tiger for some high jinx.

If you're looking for something a bit more sedate then The Forresters in Newlands is about a 15 minute walk. Awesome beer garden.

Plenty of Taxi's in Claremont (5 mins walk) too so wouldnt worry on that front.

Depending on where you are staying I'd buy the tickets online and pick up on the wednesday.
Report Innocent Bystander December 30, 2009 6:19 AM GMT
ttt
Report ramone December 30, 2009 8:07 AM GMT
There's a great Italian at the waterfront too but I don't recall its name. We never ate there mind you as Grim had a major row with the owner before we sat down and we left :D :D
Report GrimReaper December 30, 2009 8:09 AM GMT
As I recall you were equally voluble at the obnoxious twát....
Report ramone December 30, 2009 8:11 AM GMT
Didn't he shout out at his customers "You're all stupid"??
Report GrimReaper December 30, 2009 8:12 AM GMT
"You're all**", I think it was :^0
Report GrimReaper December 30, 2009 8:12 AM GMT
scúm
Report Max and Paddy December 30, 2009 11:06 AM GMT
Great story from ramone :^0
Report Big.Alf December 31, 2009 9:28 AM GMT
If anyone is over for the test get yourselves to The Slug & Lettuce in Green Point (Opposite the stadium) and I'll make sure you're well fed and watered. Abuse optional :)
Report loper January 1, 2010 9:45 AM GMT
Wrong stadium!
Report fronter January 1, 2010 11:08 AM GMT
:O
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com