Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
A.H HUNTER esq.
30 Dec 09 18:03
| Topic/replies: 16,312 | Blogger: A.H HUNTER esq.'s blog
Got some variation ,sliders ,arm balls ,quicker,slower,bats as well,class spinners take wickets in the first innings . Things are looking up for the England cricket team ,never seen as strong a lower order,we usually have at least 4 bunnys .
Pause Switch to Standard View Great bowling Swanny.
Show More
Report cdog December 30, 2009 6:06 PM GMT
In "Botham and Border's Ashes Clashes" you can watch a tail of Fraser, Malcolm and Tufnell in 94/95. Possibly the worst tail I remember was Mullally, Tufnell and Giddins against NZ in 1999. Can't remember in what order the unfortunate trio batted in!! Jimmy Anderson our current #10 is way ahead :)
Report A.H HUNTER esq. December 30, 2009 6:11 PM GMT
Malcolm couldnt see the ball and Tuffers was scared of it .
Report cricnut December 30, 2009 6:32 PM GMT
Totally agree, I think, they are now told to practice, Jimmy Anderson used to be a rabbit, but now, he's a nuisance to one and all of the fielding side, has scored some invaluable runs as well. Nowdays any batsman that is in and scoring well, hasn't got to worry a) about protecting the no's 8-11 and b) that he isn't the only batsman left at the crease. that can score runs
Report Deadly Earnest December 30, 2009 10:37 PM GMT
I think Hoggard batted 8 in some of the teams he played in. He was a passable number 11 at best. How Vaughan and Fletcher ever elevated him to that position will forever puzzle me.
Report Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics December 30, 2009 11:05 PM GMT
i remember peter such batting at 10 once
Report Max and Paddy December 31, 2009 12:12 AM GMT
At his best, Hoggy was much better than "a passable number 11". He was a doughty, dogged, stubborn nightwatchman and was the owner of a cover drive to die for (at Trent Bridge in August 2005).
Report positively4thsteet December 31, 2009 6:01 AM GMT
Hoggy was dogged but that was it. Terrible no8 imo. terrible no9 too. he was never going to playan innings like swann or broad are capable of.
Report Accumulator1 December 31, 2009 8:20 AM GMT
What has happened to Monty, do you think he will make a comeback like Swan?
Report cricketjon December 31, 2009 9:18 AM GMT
Peter Such batted 50 mins for a duck once at Manchester in 99 and got A STANDING OVATION FOR HIS EFFORTS

I think it was because he held things up for Ramprakash but jesus christ...
Report A.H HUNTER esq. December 31, 2009 10:04 AM GMT
Difference between Swan and Monty is temperament.Swan seems very comfortable in the test arena. Monty always seemed surprised to be there.
Report Deadly Earnest December 31, 2009 10:55 AM GMT
Max, Piggard has a first class batting average of 9. He has a test average of 7. The fact that he took on average 32 deliveries to accumulate his 7 runs means his only uses were as a nightwatchman(a job at which he was not very good) or a number 11. Why on earth would you want a number 8, 9 or even 10 that takes 32 deliveries compiling 7 runs?

Glenn McGrath averaged 7 in tests, but scored at twice the rate!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com