Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Mod father
30 Dec 09 17:23
| Topic/replies: 1,399 | Blogger: The Mod father's blog
and started covering over seas test matches who would people keep up to date with the scores etc

Did the BBC or any other broadcaster provide ball by ball coverage or regular updates
Pause Switch to Standard View Before Sky came along
Show More
Report timmy2988 December 30, 2009 5:26 PM GMT
Listened to the radio I think....
Report fundamentalist December 30, 2009 5:43 PM GMT
tms on the radio or teletext
Report cragihol December 30, 2009 7:03 PM GMT
tms on the radio under the covers in the early hours as a kid in the eighties think sky coverage is great but something exciting about overseas tests on the radio
Report bushy December 30, 2009 7:09 PM GMT
Waking up early to hear TMS from Adelaide and the ominous commentary, "And Gooch running in, over the wicket" :)
Report Yuvraj Singh December 30, 2009 7:18 PM GMT
yep listening to tms in bed on the clock radio when i should have been sleeping as a kid brings back fond memories
Report cragihol December 30, 2009 7:31 PM GMT
hoping that next wicket would fall soon so we could get botham in (more often than not only for him to whole out with a reckless shot for single figures) I know he gets some stick on here as a commentator but nothing beat the excitement as a kid when he came to the crease
Report cricnut December 30, 2009 7:39 PM GMT
we only could listen to englands matches, now we can watch nearly every Test Match played
Report cragihol December 30, 2009 7:41 PM GMT
yeh thats true just reminicsing really think we are very fortunate to have sky great to be able to watch so much cricket unimaginable back then long may it continuel
Report good value losers December 30, 2009 7:52 PM GMT
it would be interesting to have seen just how good some of the players from yesteryear actually were. due to the lack of coverage you could only imagine what was going on and how they were playing, and i suppose the tendency was to imagine great deeds being done! when in actual fact they might have been pretty pony LOL
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com