Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
positively4thsteet
30 Dec 09 05:57
| Topic/replies: 6,492 | Blogger: positively4thsteet's blog
HAVE just checked the price of flights, only £500 even at this late stage. Have always wanted to go to Newlands, as much as anything because the weather is apparently more mild than stifling. fly out 2nd, return 10th. Back at work 11th. Should be good. Would be happy staying in hostels at £10 a night = say £100. What about tickets for the game? Just a tenner a day seem reasonable. Booze and food shouldn't be too expensive either so I'm told.

Anyone have any info?
Pause Switch to Standard View Cape Town Test travelling info...
Show More
Report Innocent Bystander December 30, 2009 6:18 AM GMT
www.computicket.com

There was a thread with info a few weeks back, I will try and pop it up for you
Report positively4thsteet December 30, 2009 6:39 AM GMT
thanks. v.kind of you IB
Report positively4thsteet December 30, 2009 6:43 AM GMT
Is that site for real? day 1 of the cape town test, tickets are 54R. which i presume means 54 rand which is about 4 quid ffs.

I might as well pay on the door is that right?
Report Innocent Bystander December 30, 2009 6:44 AM GMT
I would book in advance - the queues for picking up tickets are normally pretty long. So easy to book (or buy from Computicket kiosks in advance - one in the V&A so pick one up there before going for a beer/meal/trip to Robben Island)
Report Innocent Bystander December 30, 2009 6:45 AM GMT
Especially for the 1st day and the weekend - Cape Townites support test cricket a lot more than other towns
Report Innocent Bystander December 30, 2009 6:46 AM GMT
1st day = weekend (Sunday)
Report positively4thsteet December 30, 2009 7:22 AM GMT
thanks again IB
Report GrimReaper December 30, 2009 7:32 AM GMT
Where are these £500 flights of which you speak? ?|_
Report positively4thsteet December 30, 2009 7:36 AM GMT
i think it was cheapflights.com or similar. flying via istanbul to capetown with turkish airlines.

Why? Have yo done a lot of research grim and not found this price? Maybe it is a stitch up then - say 230 + 279tax. = 509
Report positively4thsteet December 30, 2009 7:36 AM GMT
i think it was cheapflights.com or similar. flying via istanbul to capetown with turkish airlines.

Why? Have yo done a lot of research grim and not found this price? Maybe it is a stitch up then - say 230 + 279tax. = 509
Report GrimReaper December 30, 2009 7:42 AM GMT
No, just a tentative punt of info into expedia. Have no reason to doubt what you've seen is genuine. Speaking for myself, being an old knacker, i can't be ársed with non-direct flights these days
Report positively4thsteet December 30, 2009 7:47 AM GMT
i didn't really do any research grim. Just one quick search this morning when i woke up with a hangover and thought "hey, lets go to cape town".
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com