Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bigpoppapump
27 Dec 09 04:58
| Topic/replies: 7,747 | Blogger: bigpoppapump's blog
:)
Pause Switch to Standard View 20 unconverted 50s and the myth of...
Show More
Report Joel December 27, 2009 5:01 AM GMT
Not much of an issue to be honest, if everyone in the team makes 80 it's a decent total imo
Report Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics December 27, 2009 5:14 AM GMT
good try poppa...
Report GrimReaper December 27, 2009 7:47 AM GMT
It is a relevant subject for discussion in the context of post-Ashes Antipodean head scratching...

"Awww Jeez mate, look, yeah, no - we scored more hundreds...."

Now that you can't seem to convert, suddenly it's "no problem", and "No I in team". There are also no Ashes in Australia (not that there ever is) :p
Report Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics December 27, 2009 7:48 AM GMT
excellent try grim...
Report Joel December 27, 2009 7:52 AM GMT
The current series is the only thing the Aussies care about
Report positively4thsteet December 27, 2009 7:55 AM GMT
27 Dec 08:47

It is a relevant subject for discussion in the context of post-Ashes Antipodean head scratching...

"Awww Jeez mate, look, yeah, no - we scored more hundreds...."

Now that you can't seem to convert, suddenly it's "no problem", and "No I in team".

Have you got any actual quotes?
Report GrimReaper December 27, 2009 8:03 AM GMT
Lots of press coverage that I could dig out to demonstrate Antipodean navel-gazing, but I'm too busy laughing at the "the current series is all Australians care about". That's just priceless :^0 :^0 :^0
Report positively4thsteet December 27, 2009 8:13 AM GMT
I remember punter making a very minor comment in the post match interview, but generally he just said fair play to us for winning. And tbf the result did flatter us just like when we lost in windies the result flattered the windies.

Most aussies took it on the chin or turned on their own players, particularly punter, from my recollection.
Report Deadly Earnest December 27, 2009 10:37 AM GMT
Let's see how many 50's the poms can amass here.....
Report GrimReaper December 27, 2009 10:43 AM GMT
Yes, cos the conditions are just the same, aren't they...
Report Deadly Earnest December 27, 2009 11:12 AM GMT
Same as what?
Report GrimReaper December 27, 2009 11:25 AM GMT
Same as Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide etc...playing under lights for a start. Still, looks like Strauss might land one here (cue dismissal ;) )
Report Deadly Earnest December 27, 2009 11:30 AM GMT
You might want to look what happened when the Aussies played here earlier this year then if we are looking at comparing apples with apples and individual centuries are some sort of yardstick.
Report GrimReaper December 27, 2009 11:34 AM GMT
For that to be relevant, I think i'd want to know the prevailing weather conditions.
Report Deadly Earnest December 27, 2009 11:35 AM GMT
Very similar from memory, except Australia didn't get the advantage of a wet ball.

The SA first innings might give you a clue as well. ;)
Report GrimReaper December 27, 2009 11:36 AM GMT
I thought they might be similar ;) :^0
Report Deadly Earnest December 27, 2009 11:39 AM GMT
Great minds then.... :)
Report GrimReaper December 27, 2009 11:42 AM GMT
Just a little preturbed that you are suddenly comparing yourselves against the English. Aussies are the self-proclaimed "Alpha Males", with huge mental strengh; in all respects, they are so much better than us.
Report Deadly Earnest December 27, 2009 11:44 AM GMT
That's true, nice of you to say.
Report Deadly Earnest December 27, 2009 7:35 PM GMT
Hello Watson, this is interesting.......it seems we last saw the anomoly of an English born player making a test hundred for England a little while back now. Seven matches in fact. Whilst Australian rookie reserve Phil Hughes alone has made two centuries in his last four tests.

Does this mean an overlooked Australian has more mental strength than the whole English born cricketing population combined?

Those evil Australians seem to have set out deliberately to prove the irrelevance of indivdual batsmen making centuries by losing the Ashes series whilst compiling many individual centuries, then winning subsequent series whilst ensuring no individual batsman makes over 100 runs in an innings.

Are England now sufficiently laughable that the Ashes now means so little to our Antipodeon friends? Are they now completely indifferent towards the very thing we have long coveted?

This plan appears evil yet brilliant Watson, genius in its simplicity, and brutal in its execution. If this is allowed to continue it will render pointless at once years of English obsession with individual milestones.

I do not exaggerate when I tell you the very notion of the pretence of English adequacy is under threat here. We must get to the bottom of this sinister business Watson. If somebody has deleted the albeit limited mental strength of every English born cricketer, as of 7 test matches ago, this could have diabolical consequences. Why, for a start, it could lead to the humiliation of having our enemies realise Messers Bell, Collingwood and Cook, are the best English born players available to us. Yes Watson, it is that serious.

Not even Moriarty could have devised a more hideous plan. The game is afoot Watson!
Report smeagors December 27, 2009 7:37 PM GMT
meeow
Report smeagors December 27, 2009 7:37 PM GMT
phsssssst
Report fundamentalist December 28, 2009 10:51 AM GMT
Deadly Earnest 27 Dec 11:37

Let's see how many 50's the poms can amass here.....

not settling for mere 50s ;)
Report smeagors December 28, 2009 10:54 AM GMT
:D
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com