Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Yossarrian
22 Dec 09 17:56
| Topic/replies: 342 | Blogger: Yossarrian's blog
Whose coverage did/do you prefer?
Pause Switch to Standard View Channel 4 v Sky Sports
Show More
Report STEPTOES YARD December 22, 2009 6:06 PM GMT
Sky
Report scliffor December 22, 2009 6:08 PM GMT
Both pretty good.

Sky is more comprehensive, start before the game, features during lunch, tea and review post day's play. Some good commentators.

Ch 4 had Simon Hughes and Benaud, on terrestial so less delay, introduced hawkeye, but also messed around with start times and presented by Mark Nicholas

Overall would give the nod to Sky for doing overseas tours and series not featuring England
Report michael knight December 22, 2009 6:15 PM GMT
Sky, because all the horse racing interuptions on ch4 took the**.
Report mercury1981 December 22, 2009 6:34 PM GMT
channel 4 was great for bringing the 05 ashe to the masses in the UK,people deserved to ee it, so it was sad home series moved to sky IMO.

i read somehwre that 8 million more people saw the last day of 05 ashes math compare to 09. which was a sad stat for me. sayin that, ivve been watchin england on sky since 92 ish - so cant complain too much....at least they managed to move charles colville on from the commentary box those days!
Report Jan1ne December 22, 2009 6:52 PM GMT
C4s coverage by the end was superb, can hardly bear to listen to some of the sky mugs. also gave us snicko, still the best tech gadget
Report smeagors December 22, 2009 7:48 PM GMT
i love watching the old beeb footage where the quality is so píss poor that it made tv pundits absolutely redundant ..
Report fawwon December 22, 2009 10:53 PM GMT
Sky for me, mainly because there is no Mark Nicholas.

"WATTO YOU BEAUTY" will stick forever.
Report Yossarrian December 23, 2009 5:57 PM GMT
Yeah got to give C4 credit for innovating with snickometer etc

But Benaud apart their pundits were unbearable public schoolboys
Report EarlyBath December 23, 2009 10:27 PM GMT
Gower should join C4 then. Awful he is.
Report Green Beard December 24, 2009 7:17 AM GMT
the guy in the van out the back was always class think his name was something jones . . . always good analysis
9(
the main problem was . . . . "were now jumping over to the 4.12 at Ascot". . . . :_(

and also, sky cover so much domestic stuff in the summer, some of it absolutely awful and i find it hard to believe they make money on the viewers they get for it . . . and alot of it rained off etc anyway . . . it would be unfair to then say . . . you can carry on spending shed loads of money following the county circuit, but the home tests are going to be on channel 4 . . . it would take away the whole incentive of covering the domestic scene, and you could see sky pretty much dump cricket altogether imvho
Report beersexchipsngravy December 24, 2009 9:51 AM GMT
Sky by a country mile for me, only downside is the odd $hite commentator
Report mittheimp December 26, 2009 1:17 AM GMT
simon hughes brings absolutely nothing to the analysis - gets away with it though coz of his posh voice. Either makes blindingly obvious observations - dressed up as something technical - or is just plain wrong.
Report dougydougy. December 26, 2009 1:20 AM GMT
channel 4

no beefy
Report loper December 26, 2009 9:36 AM GMT
C4's coverage was excellent, apart from the phuucked up start times, the relentless ads that sometimes they didn't get back from in time, and games with 5.30pm finishes so that the lowest common denominators could watch the Simpsons.
Report Yossarrian December 26, 2009 5:18 PM GMT
Back then C4 were still showing classic Simpsons from the mid 90s at 6pm

You'd have to be stupid not to like the Simpsons from that period
Report mittheimp December 27, 2009 2:55 PM GMT
it was holliokes not simpsons
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com