Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bigpoppapump
26 Dec 09 12:12
| Topic/replies: 7,747 | Blogger: bigpoppapump's blog
strange, eh? such a traditionally mentally strong team keep bottling it collectively in the field, individually with the ball, and as batsmen. no Centuries yet this Aus summer from 18 50s.

is this a cultural thing? aussie society - noisy/brash but basically insecure means their team is good at dominating when on top, but not very effective under pressure or in a scrap.

sad to see a once great nation struggle. :|
Pause Switch to Standard View 18 uncoverted 50s and the myth of...
Show More
Report STEPTOES YARD December 26, 2009 12:15 PM GMT
As long as they collectively get to 440 hey ;)
Report Innocent Bystander December 26, 2009 12:16 PM GMT
Mildly amusing that after last summers Ashes hammering, the Cons said they had the moral victory due to all the centuries they scored compared to England

Gone rather quite after being humiliated 2-0 by the Windies centurions? :D
Report TwoTonTed December 26, 2009 12:18 PM GMT
Deadley musy still be eating Xmas lunch not to have been on here yet :D
Report Craig The Speculator December 26, 2009 12:33 PM GMT
hey bigpoppa pity we will never know if you guys dominate
Report oitoitoi December 26, 2009 12:47 PM GMT
oz under ponting are not the oz of old, do you really think the likes of border and chappell would have put up with watson? you bring in petulant 28 yr old manboys, you'll get the mental strength of a 28yr old man boy.
Report the budha December 26, 2009 12:47 PM GMT
Was it not 4-0??

Gayle x2, Barath, Bravo

Was going to bring this up last week but havent got the stamina to debate with DE
Report mr milk December 26, 2009 2:53 PM GMT
what's the obsession with australia?
Report michael knight December 26, 2009 2:56 PM GMT
That's because the Aussies dont care for personal milestones and its all about the team innit ;)
Report positively4thsteet December 26, 2009 4:09 PM GMT
They're batsmen and bowlers now are nowhere near as good as waugh,hayden, langer, warne, mcgrath, gilchrist, martyn etc. were. That's the major reason they don't look as good, and are losing regularly.

18 uncoverted 50s is a statistical anomoly. Some b.ollox spoke on this thread. I hate to admit it, but the aussies are mentally strong so far as I can see in all sports. Ponting as mentally strong as the best of them. As it happen they are getting the most out of what they have got imo - But they haven't got much that's all.
Report positively4thsteet December 26, 2009 4:46 PM GMT
*Their

ffs
Report GrimReaper December 26, 2009 6:28 PM GMT
Was very surprised to see the Vice Captain (Moy-kal Claaaaaaaarke) electing not to bat in perfect conditions at Melbourne with a full 6 overs to go when the third wicket fell, with nearly 300 on the board.
Report bigpoppapump December 26, 2009 7:20 PM GMT
aussies dont do nightwatchmen though do they?

What would England do?
Report Deadly Earnest December 26, 2009 8:01 PM GMT
I have a specific lack of interest in this thread.
Report bigpoppapump December 26, 2009 8:12 PM GMT
1.3 gubbed

:)
Report Deadly Earnest December 26, 2009 8:15 PM GMT
Actually, I shall suspend my lack of interest in this thread momentarily after realising there is one matter of singular interest.

That is, The Budha agrees with Bigpoppapump.

As the greatest Englishman of them all would have said of both this matter and a certain Australian opener with whom several forum members are obsessed: curious Watson.
Report bigpoppapump December 26, 2009 8:17 PM GMT
why do you think they keep bottling it deaders?
Report Deadly Earnest December 26, 2009 8:29 PM GMT
It is time for my housekeeper to fetch me a sherry, so that I might retire to the library to ponder several matters of world importance.

I can assure you, these matters will not include the question as to why so many Australian batsmen have amassed over 50 runs in a single innings of late.

I would have thought it was understood that this is the natural order of things.
Report bigpoppapump December 26, 2009 8:33 PM GMT
I agree. the major prizes currently reside in their natural homes.
Report TwoTonTed December 26, 2009 10:29 PM GMT
Recently, I happened to be walking from Berrylands to Kingston having aboarded an incorrect train out of the London Station, Waterloo. Whilst staggering along an unfamiliar highway I stopped to rest at the door of a local chapel. To my great surprise, the foundation stone had been laid by no other than the great man himself; Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Report TwoTonTed December 26, 2009 11:03 PM GMT
Hussey goes to 50
Report bigpoppapump December 27, 2009 12:11 AM GMT
Report Lix December 27, 2009 12:13 AM GMT
Mentally weak :D
Report scoobeck December 27, 2009 4:02 AM GMT
Tall poppy syndrome again.

1 very large chip.
Report scoobeck December 27, 2009 4:02 AM GMT
Poms happy for team to make 50 against the windies if I recall
Report dougydougy. December 27, 2009 4:04 AM GMT
yep ecstatic