Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
smeagors
21 Dec 09 15:19
| Topic/replies: 1,005 | Blogger: smeagors's blog
]:) ... put a stop to someones little run .. steyn looking doubtful

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 18  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 18 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 697
By:
smeagors
When: 22 Dec 09 09:54
:D
By:
GrimReaper
When: 22 Dec 09 09:58
No analysis? Very, very poor, imo. :^0
By:
cdog
When: 22 Dec 09 10:03
A bit early for an OFFICIAL thread is it not? :p
By:
smeagors
When: 22 Dec 09 10:07
early bird catches the worm cdog ;)
By:
Askean
When: 22 Dec 09 11:42
can't believe Flower says Bell will be picked again - wtf does he have to do to be dropped

presumably Cook will be allowed to fail for the whole series before his places come under threat...
By:
michael knight
When: 22 Dec 09 11:58
So that means 4 bowlers again?

Shocking stuff - Bell should have been dropped for Wright. At least then they stand a chance of taking 20 Saffer wickets.
By:
Return_Of_Dawsy
When: 22 Dec 09 12:10
Ian Bell century:p
By:
smeagors
When: 22 Dec 09 16:44
always thought bell was blowing fletch but it seems he does flowers too :0
By:
TwoTonTed
When: 22 Dec 09 16:45
http://www.cricinfo.com/rsaveng09/content/current/story/440643.html

news on Steyn tomorrow
By:
DAN1974
When: 22 Dec 09 19:09
Surely we should play Sidebottom instead of Bell, a combination of Broad, Swan, Sidey, Jimmy and onions will score more than enough runs to compensate for the loss of Bell, plus we will have the added bonus of having an extra bowler who offers something different i.e left arm over.

Is it just me or is this fecking obvious!!
By:
Lix
When: 22 Dec 09 19:18
I'd like to see it myself. Big fan of a (fully fit) Sidebottom. Think he'd do well on a pitch known for swing and bounce.

Jimmy at 9 sounds a bit funny though doesnt it?
By:
phil279
When: 22 Dec 09 19:23
yeah, too long a tail imo.
Come back Freddy :(
By:
smeagors
When: 22 Dec 09 19:44
its okay phil .. broad will metamorphasis shortly :|
By:
smeagors
When: 22 Dec 09 19:45
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
By:
Yuvraj Singh
When: 22 Dec 09 20:55
thread starters getting very lax on this forum. no analysis, team news or current prices? very poor. have to go to misinfo myself now.
By:
smeagors
When: 22 Dec 09 21:53
YS .. just wanted to get an early thread going that could be used as a weather/team/pitch/hangover sitch .. nearer the day i will of course be delivering my usual concise and thoroughly in depth analysis of the race .. sorry match .. :|
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 22 Dec 09 23:32
Bit harsh on Bell, after all, he merely needed to swap his two out shots for each other and he would still be batting now.
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 22 Dec 09 23:34
Wright for Broad, Sidebottom for Bell might have some merit but they won't be doing that.
By:
timmy2988
When: 22 Dec 09 23:42
The talk before the test was that Wright was going to get a go but never happened so doubt we'll see him at all.

Sidarse for bellend and hope that the batsmen dont f*ck it up.

Need the 5 bowlers.
By:
loveoneanotherjudaspriest
When: 22 Dec 09 23:54
wright could get me out let alone some of the best in the world.....
By:
bigpoppapump
When: 23 Dec 09 11:40
be a shame if Broad doesn't play, I need the money...
By:
Askean
When: 23 Dec 09 11:41
loveoneanotherjudaspriest 23 Dec 00:54
wright could get me out let alone some of the best in the world.....

couldn't get you out shurely?

personally want to see Cook dropped as I don't think he will ever score runs against the top attacks but with no obvious replacement his place seems safe regardless of whether he actually scores any runs
By:
smeagors
When: 23 Dec 09 12:22
as the establishments FEC i reckon cooks place within the eng setup is more secure than anyone bar strauss and kp :(
By:
TwoTonTed
When: 23 Dec 09 12:41
future captain to boot :|
By:
monkey nuts
When: 23 Dec 09 15:24
By:
cdog
When: 23 Dec 09 15:27
Wright in for Broad would be silly as he isn't as good a bowler, Wright in for Bell I could see the logic in.
By:
Askean
When: 23 Dec 09 15:39
don't think Wright will take wickets or score runs in test cricket myself so not really sure why he's in the squad - one day player at best at international level

apart from Denly are there no other young English batsman out there?

too many overseas players and Kolpaks and Saffers on English passports in County Cricket really coming home to roost...
By:
smeagors
When: 23 Dec 09 16:00
its a good question tho about why is he in the squad if they're not going to play him .. never will be good enuff unless he's given the chance and what do we lose if its a swap for bell .. i can bat better than bell at the moment
By:
fundamentalist
When: 23 Dec 09 16:49
on last seasons form, Carberry should have been the next batter on the rank, not convinced he'll be good enough at this level but definitely deserves a shot, not sure on Denly at all, a poor season in Div2 last season cant have helped test prospects. longer term, Taylor at Leics looks the one to keep an eye on
By:
michael knight
When: 23 Dec 09 16:52
South Africa captain Graeme Smith has assured Makhaya Ntini of his starting place in the second Test against England at Durban even if Dale Steyn recovers from his hamstring injury. Ntini's poor return of two wickets in his 100th match at Centurion, coupled with Friedel de Wet's impressive debut, started a debate about who would drop out should Steyn be fit.

It means South Africa are spared making a difficult decision over Ntini's position, whose place in the side is important for political as well as cricket reasons. Smith said that de Wet, despite taking 4 for 55 in the second innings of the first Test, including a spell of 3 for 11 with the second new ball, would be the man to step aside for Steyn.

http://www.cricinfo.com/rsaveng09/content/current/story/440898.html

What a joke - If I were Ntini I'd be embaressed enough by this to step aside. Take your fridge and move over mate. De Wet would no doubt play if he was black.
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 23 Dec 09 17:06
I can see why you would make that point MK, and don't doubt that there are reasons beyond cricketing merit that could come into consideration forthe selection or otherwise of Ntini.

There are however a couple of not so obvious cricketing reasons to support Ntini's inclusion:

- he has some history of improving after the first match of a series if my memory serves,

- he has a long history of being a very good bowler at test level.

It is right that his position is debatable imo, but I have not seen enough to make me feel he should be written off as yet. If he struggles to make an impact in this second test I think I would be more inclined to think he should be replaced on merit.
By:
timmy2988
When: 23 Dec 09 18:21
Joyce averages 44 in first class cricket and has already played for England and not done too badly. Certainly should deserve a mention at least if you're looking for a completely new opener....

Also Morgan could be given a go if they're looking for a middle order batsman. Had a quiet year in first class cricket but showed in the one dayers that hes in good form. He's bound to get into the side eventually anyway if he keeps his form up.

O Brien for wk if we're looking for an Irish trio ;) :)
By:
BobSievier
When: 23 Dec 09 18:26
Bumble twitter reckons bad light by 3 pm , draw looks well odds on.
By:
michael knight
When: 23 Dec 09 18:34
DE, you're right - bit of an overreaction there. Just checked his recent test matches and Ntini has only really been off colour for a handful of matches...probably deserves another few chances.

It's probably all going to be academic anyway as the voices out of the SA camp dont sound too positive re Steyn's fitness.
By:
TwoTonTed
When: 23 Dec 09 19:36
personally dont think Steyn is a massive loss as he wont be match fit anyway and possible he could break down, that wet fella did ok imo. Havent read the thread so apps if this has been covered.
By:
Sterling Morrison
When: 25 Dec 09 21:10
Weather update?
By:
Sterling Morrison
When: 25 Dec 09 21:11
http://weather.za.msn.com/hourly.aspx?wealocations=wc:SFXX0011&q=Durban%2c+KwaZulu-Natal+forecast:hourly
By:
Learner94261
When: 25 Dec 09 21:16
Forecast for the rest of Saturday
Mostly sunny. Winds south to southeasterly averaging up to 25 km/h increasing to up to 35 km/h during the afternoon.
CityMostly sunny.Max24

Forecast for Sunday
Mainly sunny. Winds south to southeasterly averaging up to 20 km/h tending southerly up to 30 km/h during the afternoon.
CityMainly sunny.Min14Max28

Forecast for Monday
Sunny. Winds south to southwesterly averaging up to 30 km/h.
CitySunny.Min17Max28

Forecast for Tuesday
Sunny. Winds south to southeasterly averaging up to 25 km/h.
CitySunny.Min16Max27

Forecast for Wednesday
Sunny. Light winds.
CitySunny.Min15Max33
By:
JimmyK
When: 25 Dec 09 21:18
leave luke wright alone, he has got me out!
Page 1 of 18  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 18 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com