Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
rollando1
24 Dec 09 10:36
| Topic/replies: 148 | Blogger: rollando1's blog
I have heard that Sangakkara is a lovely guy.... Always seems to be smiling and is very fair.

Gilchrist is always talked about as being one of the most charming on and off the pitch. Obviously Sachin goes without saying....

On a slightly lesser stage, from personal experience, Neil Carter and David Nash have always been the nicest and most popular.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 31
By:
small beer
When: 24 Dec 09 10:53
Brett Lee - very competetive but very fair and always smiling even when things dont go his way. Sums up the spirit with which the game should be played.

Kumble, Vettori, Strauss and de Villiers have always impressed too.
By:
marychain1
When: 24 Dec 09 10:57
Kumar Sangakkarra
By:
cdog
When: 24 Dec 09 11:00
Alastair Cook.
By:
adrianooooo
When: 24 Dec 09 11:04
ive met sangakarra a few times and hes an absolute gentleman, top bloke.
By:
rollando1
When: 24 Dec 09 11:05
Alex Loudon certainly up there even though he has recently retired
By:
cdog
When: 24 Dec 09 11:06
Shaun Pollock too.
By:
Carlos Valderrama's Hair
When: 24 Dec 09 11:52
Katich is a gentleman
By:
JustWinBaby
When: 24 Dec 09 11:55
I'm sure 99% of all cricketers are top blokes off the field. Huge difference between how players act on the field in the heat of competition and how they act off the field. Glenn McGrath is the classic example, acted like a complete Tw*t most times but off the field couldn't meet a nicer bloke.
By:
rollando1
When: 24 Dec 09 11:59
I am talking about both on and off the field. I am sure Shane Watson is a nice bloke to his mates but on the pitch he is a complete c***
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 24 Dec 09 12:14
Sangakkara is al junk yard dog on the field, not that I have anything against that.

I've met Katich a few times and he is a very friendly and down to earth bloke, but has a self confessed mean streak when crossed, as michael Clarke would confirm. Kasprowicz another Australian player who seemed very friendly.

Switchblade Morton always seemed a gentleman.

Niceness a very overrated commodity in cricket though. You can be tough and combative without crossing the line into the unreasonable imo. If you have the ability to unsettle the opposition with some sledging I always feel you owe it to your team to deliver the goods.
By:
bigpoppapump
When: 24 Dec 09 14:17
Shane Watson not getting much of a run out on this thread. Cannot fathom it?
By:
mkay
When: 24 Dec 09 14:21
Straussy
By:
West Coast Eagles
When: 24 Dec 09 14:26
Damien Martyn, Adam Gilchrist for me
By:
Green Beard
When: 24 Dec 09 14:48
SL are dirty **s

sanga especially
By:
The Bosun
When: 24 Dec 09 15:01
aggers
By:
Mushtaq
When: 24 Dec 09 15:06
Mudhasen Singh Panesar
By:
Beer and Skittles
When: 24 Dec 09 15:48
Mr Afridi conspicuous by his absence from this thread :)
By:
BigMig
When: 24 Dec 09 15:54
Mahela Jayawardene
By:
tuthoops
When: 25 Dec 09 10:07
i've been up close to all of the SL side in the 20\20 WC

Kumar is fantastic, Chamara Silva, Dilly all of them. Farbrace and Bayliss also are good chaps.
By:
foolds gold
When: 25 Dec 09 10:16
Ithink the charity collectors at chester le street are the nicest guys in cricket. They were very polite when I placed 50p in the pot
By:
rougie1975
When: 25 Dec 09 12:34
dermot reeve, peter martin and mike atherton
By:
GrimReaper
When: 25 Dec 09 14:04
I shared a word with Peter Martin on his only representative tour (SA 95-96), and I found him to be an obnoxious twunt.
By:
bestmate
When: 25 Dec 09 16:25
younis khan
By:
cricketjon
When: 25 Dec 09 21:08
good call best mate on YK, always plays with a smile on his face, has to deal with the demands of the job, has suffered personal tragedy in recent years, gets on with it, all different factions in a dressing room etc, underrated batsman, delivered a vic in the world 2020, like im
By:
el chine
When: 25 Dec 09 21:52
angus frazer had a few beers on holiday with one of our players, gave his number and said he'd come an speak at a sportsmans do for only petrol money to help us out, 6 months later the lad rings him out the blue and angus was true to his word and came up one night, top bloke,
By:
BigMig
When: 25 Dec 09 21:56
It almost goes without saying that Angus is one of the all-time great blokes.
By:
el chine
When: 25 Dec 09 22:00
cricket jon, was it yourself on here who plays for newport cc
By:
oitoitoi
When: 25 Dec 09 22:53
surprised no mentions of dravid, met him a few times, really nice guy, incredibly humble, good sense of humour.

25yrs ago apparently g vishwanath was meant to be the nicest guy in cricket and apparently gavaskar (his brother in law) is frequently asked about him and how he's fairing by ex players of other nations. Known to players around the world affectionately as Vishy.

I've also heard Sanga is a top bloke.

I've met Alec Stewart a few times and he seemed like a wonderful guy, I also remember a great scene towards the end of his career, in a test against india where a 16yr old parthiv patel was playing, at the end of play stewart was walking off with his arm round the tiny patel giving him a fatherly word.

chris cairns though known as a complete nob on the pitch is probably the nicest player I've met off the field.
By:
Cricketer
When: 25 Dec 09 23:12
Graeme Swann. Top draw on and off.
By:
smeagors
When: 26 Dec 09 00:27
me :) :D :p .. happy wotsit called and all that ;)
By:
mittheimp
When: 26 Dec 09 01:07
kids i use to teach told me Angus Frasier often umpired in the local youth league as his son was playing for one of the teams - all said he was really nice. Is a very good pundit too, underused these days.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com