Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
fredderf
20 Dec 09 18:09
| Topic/replies: 449 | Blogger: fredderf's blog
Anybody have any idea why these are suspended until the toss news is known?? why couldnt we have a bet now for example, on india to score 300 and if sri lanks bat first then this is voided.

Plus, why do we only sometimes have the option of assessing how many runs the team batting second will make?? why not all the time?? After india scored 400 odd in the last game, i phoned up to request the runs for Sri lanka but the operator didnt even know what i was on about?? :-(

a little bit extra work id imagine but well.... they get enough p/c.
Pause Switch to Standard View Innings Runs - T20's + ODI's.
Show More
Report cdog December 20, 2009 7:29 PM GMT
All too often the innings runs are kept suspended until very soon before the first ball, or even sometimes after it :0. The same goes for session runs in tests. I think on 3 of the 5 days of this test the morning session runs were opened infuriatingly late. I don't see what's wrong with opening it the previous evening!!
Report bf trader December 20, 2009 9:36 PM GMT
Anybody have any idea why these are suspended until the toss news is known?? why couldnt we have a bet now for example, on india to score 300 and if sri lanks bat first then this is voided.

----------

this market is available elsewhere right now.

indian runs

unders 297.5
overs 307.5

lanka 287.5 and 287.5

or pick your own 60 run middle at evens.
Report VardonVoo. December 20, 2009 9:42 PM GMT
They only put them up if there is expected to be a lot of liquidity.

After all a run chase is an either or thing as far as the match odds market
goes so betting on getting part-way to a total is like laying off some of a
winning bet at that stage.
Report fredderf December 20, 2009 11:08 PM GMT
cheers bf trader,

Havent got an account at the moment, been thinking bout it for awhile! but someone was slating them not so long ago tho?? how do you find cblive? noticed a few good incentives...apart from just being cricket only firm... do they offer the 60 runs market all the time?

quite like the 60 run band idea, if you select it around the bands on here, could be usefull. maybe

next game: india 270:329.....cover where you think the score will fall and have exit point either side if things start to go wrong. Just dont want games with a major recovery / collapse. maybe il leave it alone :-)

Think there was a thread ages and ages ago with the run band ( 50 or 55 runs) not many of us we any good at predicting it. :-)

Would rather tho, if betfair just opened up the markets and voided the side batting second. wouldnt have to give 8 runs away maybe.
Report twopercent December 21, 2009 5:57 AM GMT
those runs have gone up even more, not sure I have ever seen under 300.5 before a ball has been bowled not involving a minnow
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com