Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Calypso King
20 Dec 09 10:53
| Topic/replies: 942 | Blogger: Calypso King's blog
Crowd has been a disgrace for this match !
Pause Switch to Standard View Do South Africans not like Test...
Show More
Report michael knight December 20, 2009 10:55 AM GMT
Don't be silly, its only the asian sides who dont like test cricket and are thus trying to kill it.
Report Super Vixen December 20, 2009 10:59 AM GMT
They should have a word with Cricket Australia to see how they are getting such packed grounds for their Tests at the moment...
Report Green Beard December 20, 2009 11:04 AM GMT
agreed, they should have lots of different coloured seats so i looks more packed :D
Report Calypso King December 20, 2009 11:21 AM GMT
So England is the only country that sell grounds out on a regular basis at least on the first few days ? Is that because England's grounds are smaller than around the world or not ? More disposable income maybe ?
Report dougydougy. December 20, 2009 11:44 AM GMT
English public are the only ones with the capacity to understand the intricacies of test cricket.
Report GrimReaper December 20, 2009 11:52 AM GMT
Aussies sell out their grounds when England are in town....allows them to vent their insecurity complex. :)
Report 04/09-04/10 another 100k December 20, 2009 11:53 AM GMT
^ barmy army take up half of the stadium
Report GrimReaper December 20, 2009 11:54 AM GMT
Half the MCG? I think not.

England take about 10,000 to the Melbourne and Sydney tests..considerably less for the others.
Report 04/09-04/10 another 100k December 20, 2009 11:55 AM GMT
it must all the ex-pats then....
Report 04/09-04/10 another 100k December 20, 2009 11:57 AM GMT
acually the pak vs aus series in eng will be interesting .....
Report GrimReaper December 20, 2009 12:00 PM GMT
Yep...I'll be going to some of that. Fully expect to see lots of Pakistani supporters, and the usual Australian travelling contingent of 3 drongos and a wombat
Report Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics December 20, 2009 12:01 PM GMT
don't speak about the fanatics that way
Report GrimReaper December 20, 2009 12:06 PM GMT
"Fanatics..." LOL.

As I say, 3 drongos and a wombat :)
Report Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics December 20, 2009 12:10 PM GMT
you've got to admire the inventiveness of their lleyton hewitt chants though...

"Let's go Lleyton, Let's Go!"

pure gold

:_|
Report mittheimp December 20, 2009 12:10 PM GMT
crowds at the Aussie tests were decent. England obviously has the advantage that everyone in the country just about lives close enough to each test venue to make the trip. How many people in Australia live close enough to Perth to go to a days test? Id guess at around 2 million.. a lot less than the potential number near Lords or Old Trafford. South Africa has a similar issue, as well as it being primarily a white persons game(and the chance of having to endure Kallis batting all day).

On another note, - and this is a serios question - why do test matches in South Africa attract a seemingly large number of extremely attractive women sunbathing alone, or with a fit mate, in their bikinis? Are they plants by the SA tourist board? Ive noticed this phenomina for years!
Report GrimReaper December 20, 2009 12:15 PM GMT
Dunno, but if the forum would like to have a whip-round for my airfare, I am willing to conduct a site investigation :)
Report Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics December 20, 2009 12:19 PM GMT
perth test also started on a wednesday - and it's not as if most people are short of things to do the week before christmas
Report oitoitoi December 20, 2009 3:45 PM GMT
if english grounds were the size of australian or indian ones i severely doubt they would come close to filling them for any matches bar a deciding ashes test.
Report GrimReaper December 20, 2009 3:47 PM GMT
Might be more that 20% full though, i'd suggest.
Report Carlos Valderrama's Hair December 20, 2009 4:16 PM GMT

oitoitoi 20 Dec 16:45
if english grounds were the size of australian or indian ones i severely doubt they would come close to filling them for any matches bar a deciding ashes test.

depends at the stupid prices they charge at present doubt the attendances would go up much (although the price ashes tickets changed hands for implies they could take the public for more), however if the prices were simular to other parts of the world it could happen
Report Mellor December 20, 2009 5:18 PM GMT
test cricket isnt that popular outside England.
End of thread.
Report Mexico December 20, 2009 7:15 PM GMT
On another note, - and this is a serios question - why do test matches in South Africa attract a seemingly large number of extremely attractive women sunbathing alone, or with a fit mate, in their bikinis? Are they plants by the SA tourist board? Ive noticed this phenomina for years!

Mitt -

I went to the PE test ten years ago and observed the same thing then. I chatted to our waitress about ir (£25 not only got 5 days admission upper teir behind bowlers arm - waitress servics as well)..........
She claimed that having a hot summer means that the women made more of an effort to lose weight (gym/diet etc) as they will be spending many days at the beach so can't hide any fat.

However I also suspect that the TV company just pick out the best looking women at the ground.
Report VardonVoo. December 20, 2009 9:51 PM GMT
The real question to ask is " why do test matches in South Africa attract any number of extremely attractive women sunbathing alone, or with a fit mate, in their bikinis? "
Report Bernie Larkham December 20, 2009 11:09 PM GMT
Classic thread, many predictable anti-aussie comments.

Aussie will watch something if it is going to be a contest. This series v WI never shaped up as being one until Adelaide. The Aussie public knew that WI cricket was in dire straights so why bother seeing a one sided contest which we saw in Brisbane?

Now having seen that result would you have been jumping out of your skin to see another one or two potential stuffings? With injuries to both sides it also took away from the spectacle.

Dont have the figures in front of me but Test cricket in AUS is pretty healthy and besides what else is there to do in England ;)
Report Mellor December 20, 2009 11:46 PM GMT
Dont have the figures in front of me but Test cricket in AUS is pretty healthy and besides what else is there to do in England.

maybe you should get the figs in front of you.
Report Mellor December 20, 2009 11:56 PM GMT
For a start , could I have attendance figs for the test match that just took place between Aus and WI?
Report Joel December 21, 2009 12:11 AM GMT
I seem to recall the England vs West Indies series this year had some poor crowd figures too.
Report Mellor December 21, 2009 12:24 AM GMT
ok - test cricket isnt popular anywhere
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com