Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics
17 Dec 09 05:36
| Topic/replies: 4,890 | Blogger: Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics's blog
In a commentary box overflowing with aussie barrackers, he still manages to stand out as easily the most one-eyed of the lot...

Three cricketers get into a physical altercation on the ground - Healy refuses to even acknowledge the possibility that either of the two Australians could be in any way at fault...leaving mark nicholas to interject as the voice of reason....

Oh well, it can't be too long before he is called upon to join his intellectual equal merv hughes on the selection panel....

:_|
Pause Switch to Standard View Ian Healy - a National Embarrassment
Show More
Report BigMig December 17, 2009 5:37 AM GMT
They have enough commentators to fill a small football ground.

And not one of them is from West Indies.

How one-eyed and**-eyed is that?
Report Joel December 17, 2009 7:04 AM GMT
Agree, he is poor. The others are exceptional, but he lets them down.
Report Green Beard December 17, 2009 7:06 AM GMT
exceptional is a strong word
Report DAN1974 December 17, 2009 7:12 AM GMT
it really is nauseating to listen to.
Report Lix December 17, 2009 7:18 AM GMT
They all sound the same to me . seriously :|
Report Deadly Earnest December 17, 2009 7:21 AM GMT
Healy = total f*cking rockspider.

I lived in oz until age 35 and put up with the sh1t comms for 25 years but Healy does truly take it to a new level. I find myself sitting here thinking of ways he could be tortured most of the time i am listening to his tripe.

The only thing about Healy is he is that bad even he realises it himself I think.
Report GrimReaper December 17, 2009 7:53 AM GMT
I thought Taylor started off well. Now he's just another starstruck teenager, just like all the rest.
Report Oh-Dae Su December 17, 2009 7:59 AM GMT
During the last CB Tri-Series in 2008 Australia played India and Sri Lanka in March (a month later than normal) on a series of pitches which were difficult to bat on (200 was a par score for the MCG pitch that season).

Every time Ian Healy's fat red face would squat over the pitch and spit out the usual meaningless garbage about a great batting deck, 300 runs or more, win the toss and bat... Cabbages plonker.
Report hazardous December 17, 2009 10:39 AM GMT
rockspider - 1 definition - a person who likes/has sex with a person of very young age. ie 8. And also has copious amounts of knuckle hair

Spot on Deadly , rockspider does sum up Healy well
Report aussie wombat December 17, 2009 11:33 AM GMT
listening to the garbage Healy, Taylor and Slater spit out I find myself looking forward to Ian Chappell, Tony Greig and Bill Lawry... now thats a problem!!!
Report West Coast Eagles December 17, 2009 10:06 PM GMT
His commentary this year has been unbelievably average. He just doesnt shut up anymore.

Did anyone hear him when he was trying to work out how far Chris Gayle's six had traveled? Any sane, rational person wouldve put the microphone down and down some mental arithmetic in their head, then casually told the viewers 'I reckon that's gone 120 metres'. But Healy, in all his infinite wisdom, spends about five minutes verbalising his thought process as to how far it traveled, all the while with Chappeli subtly ragging on him.
Report Green Beard December 17, 2009 10:11 PM GMT
he said it went 160 metres :D

feck me that would have been a hit
Report stupac December 17, 2009 10:19 PM GMT
Shame there aren't any West Indians...just imagine Michael Holding tearing into him...preferably at the end of a fifty yard run.
Or Colin Croft.
Report aussie wombat December 17, 2009 11:32 PM GMT
Shame there aren't any West Indians...just imagine Michael Holding tearing into him...preferably at the end of a fifty yard run.
Or Colin Croft.

or Patrick Patterson
Report the nugget December 18, 2009 1:24 AM GMT
or Tino Best bowling beamers
Report The Big O December 18, 2009 4:09 AM GMT
I think we should all arrange to kick in a couple of hundred quid each to fly Patterson over and put him in a ring with Healy. Tell 'heals' its going to be him and Tracy Grimshaw in a ring for charity and wham, off comes the Grimshaw mask and its Patterson throwing dukes. Surely Channel 9 will kick in a few bob as it would rate through the roof.
Report bigpoppapump December 18, 2009 5:18 AM GMT
lol. I didn't think aussies did embarrassment?. bunch o fkin morons the lot of 'em. Chappell's the worst cos somehow [and fk knows how] he's managed to gain a veneer of respectability. must just be that the other dog-turd-brains make him look better than he is.
Report Al Be Fuct December 18, 2009 6:46 AM GMT
Couldnt agree more lads. When healy was media manager for the Qld Soo team a few years ago, I sought him out at training to get a photo with him for my old man (he cant stand him :-)). Ian was reluctant, but knew when to smile at the right time!

I cant handle channel 9 in any capacity, and do the mute with abc coverage (albeit in front on the tv) in cricket and league. I would end up smashing my plasma listening to those pr..ks all day.Totureeeee
Report Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics December 18, 2009 8:38 AM GMT
mute with abc radio on is actually good if you are only half watching - it is so far delayed that you have time to watch it on tv when something interesting happens...
Report Al Be Fuct December 18, 2009 5:37 PM GMT
Your dead right although you will find free to air via a standard ariel rather than through cable/satellite almost runs in unison with radio.

Either/either it sure beats listening to the one-eyed wonders who are paid to hype up what sport they are commentating (and smashing the tv. Before you ask, yes it has been done :-( ).
Report Roynreanie December 18, 2009 7:10 PM GMT
Was in Oz 2 yrs ago when he was rumbled mimicking a violin in commentary box when Glen McGrath was discussing his late Wifes charity in a pitchside interview (camersa panned to Healy in box) ..News headline stuff over there
Report sparkygayle December 18, 2009 9:29 PM GMT
just sounds like a typical convict imho.
Report Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics December 18, 2009 9:43 PM GMT
if i am ANYTHING like ian healy, shoot me know...

;)
Report Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics December 18, 2009 9:44 PM GMT
*now, even...
Report ronaldingo December 18, 2009 10:57 PM GMT
schoolteacher , what do you expect.

muppet commentator .
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com