Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Tractor
17 Dec 09 21:48
| Topic/replies: 109 | Blogger: Tractor's blog
Just been hit with my 1st Premium Charge and can't get my head around it fully. Has cost me an extra £350. Has anyone got an easy explanation for me. Thanks.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 22
By:
Mister Fish
When: 17 Dec 09 21:51
Yep, its a rip off. After you become successful your commission rate goes up to 20%.
By:
Innocent Bystander
Yep, Betfair fancied taking a cut from their most successful clients, so devised a system to take such money to increase their profits for when they float

Simples
By:
Green Beard
your total charges to betfair have to be 20% of gross earnings.

but the charges are not worked out on how much commission youve paid (it obviously should be but wouldnt catch as many people) but on how much you pay + 3% of your losses divided by 2
By:
cdog
When: 17 Dec 09 21:53
the charge is disgraceful, but the way they calculate it is even more so.
By:
Mister Fish
When: 17 Dec 09 21:56
Agreed, there attempt to make it as complicated as possible so that they can avoid telling us what it is, which is a 20% commission. I'm sure there's a law of misrepresentation that we could get them under here as they market themselves as 5% commission.
By:
Green Beard
When: 17 Dec 09 21:57
so if you win on every market, you will have to actually pay 40% commission
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 17 Dec 09 21:58
Its pretty bloody awful
By:
Mister Fish
When: 17 Dec 09 21:59
so why do we still use this site and not go to the daq?
By:
Green Beard
When: 17 Dec 09 22:01
its not 20% commission, thats a common misconception

depending on your strike rate, its actually face worse.

i paid £418 last week to betfair from my winnings, but on my statement it has me paying £266 because they divide it by 2

so i dont pay 20% of my winnings, i pay close to 30, and thats the bit betfair try and make as hidden as possible by throwing the 20% charges around . . . its not.
By:
Green Beard
When: 17 Dec 09 22:05
the divide by 2 bit basically makes half the commission you pay redundant, and then they take the remaining up to 20%

all depends on SR though
By:
Mister Fish
When: 17 Dec 09 22:05
so why not use the daq? if enough of us did the liquidity would improve and betfair might do something about it.
By:
Green Beard
When: 17 Dec 09 22:10
thats the problem

noone moves, liquidity here better here, so everyone stays, eventhough there is literally nothing stopping for everyone logging onto** tomoro
By:
Mister Fish
When: 17 Dec 09 22:12
Liquidity is ok on big markets. Iv'e moved as much of my business as I can and if I have lost ot on best odds its been marginal and has been made up in spades on the lack of premium charges.
By:
callysboy
When: 17 Dec 09 22:21
how much have you got to make before this charge kicks in
By:
Birchola
When: 17 Dec 09 22:25
You qualify if your account is in profit overall and is showing profit for the previous 60 weeks I believe?
By:
Green Beard
When: 17 Dec 09 22:26
they changed it birch

now its over the history of your career on betfair.

you just have had to trade 250 markets and be in profit :|
By:
callysboy
When: 17 Dec 09 22:28
cheers a dont need to worry about that then. what percentage of users do you think actually pay this.
By:
cdog
When: 17 Dec 09 22:31
You have to be at least £5000 in profit over your lifetime I think. How much over depends on how good/bad your strike rate has been.
By:
Green Beard
When: 17 Dec 09 22:37
they say 10,000 people pay it

0.5% of 2mil
By:
TwoTonTed
When: 17 Dec 09 22:43
ferkin robbers though I'm getting far better at taking a hit here and a profit on the quack, but that's something that can be difficult to do
By:
Birchola
When: 17 Dec 09 23:07
Find it difficult to lose eh Ted? B-)
By:
fredderf
When: 17 Dec 09 23:12
is it then, that until you play 250 markets you dont pay any p/c??

iv thought about that ted, but knowing my luck, there'd be a flip and id end up paying the p/c. lol.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com