Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
CricGuru
16 Dec 09 15:45
| Topic/replies: 174 | Blogger: CricGuru's blog
I have few questions for you

First and foremost, why you back outsiders in every cricket match (except India).

One moment, you think England is crap but once you can get good prices on it, you start saying they are good.

In current SA-Eng test you are of the opinion that only Eng can win, it is laughable to say the least. I don't think you have watched the full day play.

In my opinion, South African batsman applied themselves pretty admirable in what I think is a pretty dodgy wicket. There is something for everyone and come day 3, 4 and 5, I can see England struggling and South Africa winning it comfortably.

You are saying that England will get 500+ in first inning, I m saying that they will not get 500 in both their innings whatever their batting strength is and how low you think of South African Bowling.

My script for this match is as follows:

SA getting 400+ in first dig

Eng getting in the range of 250 to 300

SA getting 250 to 300 in 2nd inning

Eng crumbling in second inning

Looking for your reply
Show More
Report Johnny Fontaine December 16, 2009 3:53 PM GMT
How very dare you. Do you know who you're talking to?
Report Green Beard December 16, 2009 3:54 PM GMT
the cheek.
Report vipin December 16, 2009 4:00 PM GMT
i can challenge anyone in this forum when it comes to cricket betting.

I am like Sehwag, fearless and ready for any challenge
Report brentford December 16, 2009 4:02 PM GMT
are you also a little chubby and bald ?
Report CricGuru December 16, 2009 4:02 PM GMT
bigjoe, vipin post has given me a very good idea

what about a three month challenge in all cricket matches. you set the terms and conditions, I think I can beat you
Report bigjoe December 16, 2009 4:14 PM GMT
First and foremost, why you back outsiders in every cricket match (except India).

Not strictly true ... if i think a fav is worthy, i ill back it.... BUT ..imo, against ANY top 8 opponent NO TEAM should be sub 1.4 prematch in any format ....and in those games i ALWAYS lay the fav cos i KNOW tht in the long run i will make a profit.

Yes i back india blind ... and for good reason ;) ..i been on here 4 years..in those 4 years i said consistently that they were under estimated by the markets and that ANYONE backing india blind could take advantage of the market inefficiency in pricing up india ... various threads on here , have vindicated me to have been proved right... backing India blnd every game in every format would indeed have produced consistent overall profit :)

IF and when india start trading Aussie or saffer like pre match prices of sub 1.4 against other top 8 teams ..i will stop backing india blind ... till then and until it starts NOT to pay backing india blind..i will continue to do so :)

One moment, you think England is crap but once you can get good prices on it, you start saying they are good.

i never say any team is crap .. i do though say i consider them to be crap value :)

I have not only backed england cos hey big prices .. they were big prices in ashes yet i backed aussies... they were big aginst saffers last year yet i backed saffrs .... the reason i backed england in the ODI seris and in this test series is cos as i said in my preview for that ODI series, i considered Enland were finally on the way up..i liked the balance in their side and i said they would rise in the rankings in all formats over the next few years ;)

In current SA-Eng test you are of the opinion that only Eng can win, it is laughable to say the least. I don't think you have watched the full day play

I watched most of he play .. BUT my fundimental reasoning or saying that saffers win can be ruled out is not what happened today .. but what will happen nce england bat and more imortantly, once saffers bowl with what will be their weakest attack in a test for some years :0

Enland got mpressive batting lineup and i believe this saffers attack will be fodder.... they may get a wicket or two with new ball .. but with england batting down o swanny at no9 .. i cannot see how saffers will restrict england to less then 500.

You 0bviosly disagree .. its all bout opinions ....i have stated mine.... i might be proved woefully wrong.. or woefully right .... lets see which ;)

Good Luck :)
Report bigjoe December 16, 2009 4:17 PM GMT
and just o claify i did ot say only result was england win ..i said ony team that can win is england..i feel draw is rightly fav ... but england should be 2nd favs and saffrs out with the washing ;)
Report CricGuru December 16, 2009 4:19 PM GMT
We will see bigjoe

what about starting a three month cricket challenge thread.

It will be my pleasure competing with you, if you have the time
Report Sterling Morrison December 16, 2009 4:23 PM GMT
Now there is a challenge. Go on chaps! It will be bigger than the thrilla in manilla and the rumble in the jungle combined added up aggregated totalled summed and put together
Report bigjoe December 16, 2009 4:27 PM GMT
as for the callenge i will decline :( .. not cos i don't think i can win.. but cos don't think it would serve any purpose ... i have never claimed to be better then anyone else ..i hope we can all win...all i do both here and at the subscription site i write for is post my thoughts and am happy to be judged by the results.

Though i take pleasure in celebrating my on good calls..i never take pleasure in celebrating others bad calls and thats why i do not want to take the challenge :)
Report Sterling Morrison December 16, 2009 4:30 PM GMT
Say it ain't so Joe
Report richieboy44 December 16, 2009 4:36 PM GMT
LOL :^0
Report richieboy44 December 16, 2009 4:41 PM GMT
was slightly disappointed when I backed Bigjoes hunch that the price between OZ and Windies would come close together in the 3rd test ...
match odds currently 1.3 OZ , 30 windies , couldn't be further apart !! but still time to change around , but to be fair I've made quite few quid following Joe's advice and Indian cricket team currently on the up :)
I gotta oppose Joe in this SA / England first test and will be very surprised if England bring themselves back into contention here ... I think SA bat them out the game tomorrow ......
Report bigjoe December 16, 2009 5:32 PM GMT
yep shame about the aussie/ windies prices richie.. ut i topped up on windies at 22 and layed aussies more at 1.31 ;) ... either aussies will be all out or 500 or ponting will declare at 500 ....and the aussie bowling is only marginally better then this saffers one :0 .. so windies getting 500 as well as england cannot be ruled out yet ;)
Report smeagors December 16, 2009 7:19 PM GMT
Sterling Morrison 16 Dec 17:30

Say it ain't so Joe

i bet not many here know what u'r talking bout .. as for the big fella .. ... ... ... ... ... well where do u start :^0
Report foolds gold December 16, 2009 8:04 PM GMT
Big Joe, showing good manners and decorum as usual. Hats off to the big fella and good luck with the predictions :)
Report Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics December 17, 2009 12:05 AM GMT
i believe this joe wears shoes smeagors...
Report Birchola December 17, 2009 1:04 AM GMT
CricGuru, can I just clarify the confusion with the following statement:

BJ doesn't back the outsider but follows the same strict bias in the following order:

India

Bangers, Pak, Sri Lanka

West Indies

England, Kiwis
Aus, Saffers

BJ is an extremely polite and friendly chap but please dont think there is any other influences that dictate his tips other than the above biased order of preference.
Report CricGuru December 17, 2009 2:01 AM GMT
i respect bigjoe but what i have noticed is that any team that is favorite in the market (except India) become redundant for him.

In my opinion, he does not take into consideration actual match condition. In current SA-Eng match, he is saying Draw is favorite with England second likely winners. I just cannot see England winning it, leave alone drawing it.

Secondy bigjoe think that England are going to get 500 in their first dig. I have watch full 90 overs and in the past too I have watch matches in this ground carefully and I believe if SA get 400+ in first dig, England are going to lose it, bating second is going to be hell here with uneven bounce.

Granted South African Bowling attack is not that good but when condition is in your favor, bowlers like Ntini, Morkel and Wet are going to perform up to their level.

God luck all but I think South Africa is going to win this match
Report Birchola December 17, 2009 2:10 AM GMT
No you're missing the point. Look again at the above tabe. England come ahead of the Saffers in BJ's favourtism table.

He will always back any other team against the Saffers except for Aus. If it was the Windies or Bangladesh even he would be backing them and has done historically.

If it was England playing at home to any of the teams above in the tabe (Windies and any Asian team) he would be backing against England.
Report Lix December 17, 2009 4:38 AM GMT
Birch's table is spot on and should be refered to when wanting to know BJ's thoughts on an upcoming match/series without paying a tenner at t'other place for the privilege. (sorry Joe! :p )

He's a decent tipster though really although he sometimes flogs a dead horse advising top ups on teams with very little chance of winning. One other thing- He never seems to mention the weather! This is a massive part of cricket betting especially tests and is a major factor in the current draw price in the SA- ENG game imo. Yes , SA batting may well be tricky on day 5 for England but that wont matter if we only get 40-50 overs in!
Report bigjoe December 17, 2009 9:17 AM GMT
Birchola i backed england against saffrs here,,,i backed saffers against ngland last year ..i backed aussies against saffrs recently... before that i backed saffers to beat aussies ..i have backed england o beat sri lanka

So good try .. but the FACTS show that in my time here i have backed EVERY team at some stage... and layed EVERY team ( apart fom injuns) at some stage ;)

Richieboy.. looks like flip flop between ausies and windies prices is back on track :D
Report Ayer December 17, 2009 9:36 AM GMT
have you ever gone against india? i dont think i ever remember you doing that
Report bigjoe December 17, 2009 10:40 AM GMT
nope...cos the stats prove that in the long term it really does not pay to oppose india :D
Report Sterling Morrison December 17, 2009 10:45 AM GMT
Hey Joe Where you going with that gun in your hand?

I think that qualifies you as a fan!
Report LuisGarcia December 17, 2009 10:46 AM GMT
I seem to remember those stats were only produced in the last few weeks. What was your reason before that ?
Report bigjoe December 17, 2009 10:54 AM GMT
loius i produced my own stats on india in my asian domination fred that i started in 2006 :0 .. that fred proved beyond doubt that baking asian sides blindly led to guarenteed profit in all formats of the game .. and within that, off the asian sides... blindly backing india proved to be the most profitable :)

That thread covered 130+ bets .. the stats you refer o last week only confirmed what my AD thread had already old everyone ;)
Report Dec1409 December 17, 2009 11:22 AM GMT
I just don't get why Big Joe rubs so many up the wrong way. He's just giving an opinion?? Fair enough he gives it in an often fairly** sure way but that's just his style. Sometimes he's right sometimes he's wrong. Why on earth do people feel the need to 'challenge' him and to prove what exactly. That they can pick mre winner sover three
months. Exactly what would that prove? Do people want a medal for backing a winner, is the money not enough?

I'm sure if you want the adulation that comes with writing for a 'subscription' site then they'll let you.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com