Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
epochery
07 Dec 09 22:35
| Topic/replies: 213 | Blogger: epochery's blog
South Africa!

I have always felt the test championship is flawed because it does not seem to take into account how well a team plays or if they are hopme or away etc. I devised a little ranking system giving more points to an away win than a home win and giving extra points for big first innings leads and big wins and here is how the last 2 years tests have stacked up. The points value is average per match.

South Africa 10.47
Sri Lanka 9.13
Australia 7.96
India 7.91
England 7.43
New Zealand 4.79
West Indies 3.89
Pakistan 3.25
Bangladesh 3.18

South Africa has had some very big wins against weak opposition in the lat couple of years which is why they are doing so well. I want to look at all series home and away over maximum of last 5 years so it reflects all teams playing agianst each other where possible.
Pause Switch to Standard View The real number 1 side in Test...
Show More
Report Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics December 7, 2009 10:38 PM GMT
agree with you on top side - my only argument is how lanka are above aus and india
Report epochery December 7, 2009 10:41 PM GMT
funny how these sorts of things, they have won all their series at home and have only lost one series away from home
Report big barz December 7, 2009 10:46 PM GMT
sa are currently the best. india have the potential but a retarded board just intent on making money and not actually developing their cricketers means they will not be able to really take that mantle in the forseeable future.
Report epochery December 7, 2009 10:51 PM GMT
This is just a statistical look, you know what they say about damn lies and statistics. India by all those outside of India will not accept them being no.1 until they start winning consitently away from home. Yes they won in England but that was more to do with emglands inability to finish off a team. they tend to wear teams down than really being able to run through them like a south africa of this era and previous west indies and australian sides. But it doesnt detract from the accomplishment of gettig there.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com