Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bigjoe
06 Dec 09 05:22
| Topic/replies: 3,997 | Blogger: bigjoe's blog
Its taken a long time ... but the inevitable day has arrived .. the demigods are sitting pretty at the top of the tree :D

In true demigod traditon . they do it in style with back to back innings wins against the no2 ranked side :0

I know this is a bad day for one or two on here that hoped aganst hope that this day would not arrive :( but i say to he vast majority of cricket lovers on here.. i say join me in celebrating the crowning of the new kings of test cricket ... a regal team . a classical team ... a deserving team of this accolade :)

Its a bit early in the morning . but join me in raising your glasses and toasting the demigods in their moment of glory :D
Pause Switch to Standard View Lets all hail the new kings !
Show More
Report bigpoppapump December 6, 2009 5:23 AM GMT
make sure you take your brolly golfing BJ :)
Report Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics December 6, 2009 5:27 AM GMT
i think i will just start a million boring threads telling everyone how good the 4th ranked team is and how soon they will be dominating world cricket...

:|
Report positively4thsteet December 6, 2009 5:28 AM GMT
congratulations joe
Report smeagors December 6, 2009 8:42 AM GMT
news flash .. big man seen roaming the streets of barking this morning semi-naked clutching a bottle of famous grouse singing we r the champions .. the public have been advised to not approach unless they have ear muffs .. well done joe you must be a very proud man .. :)
Report Max and Paddy December 6, 2009 10:49 AM GMT
Few people outside India will actually agree that they are in fact the best Test team in the world. Australia will certainly have a few things to say about it, and so too South Africa. Both these teams beat India the last time India visited them.

Graeme Smiths side the current holders of the No1 spot might also point out that when they toured India last year they were only denied a series victory by a questionable
Report smeagors December 6, 2009 11:24 AM GMT
it is what is and thats how its always been so basically what-ever anyone says they are still officially no 1 in the world
Report scliffor December 6, 2009 11:32 AM GMT
Anyone have any idea how much SA have to beat Eng by to regain No 1? Eng's rating quite low so would have thought SA would need to win by 2 at least.

Looking forward to all Indian supporters wishing England well!
Report smeagors December 6, 2009 11:47 AM GMT
did joe write this .. clues in the headling ;)

http://www.sportinglife.com/cricket/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=cricket/09/12/06/CRICKET_India_Quotes.html
Report Smalltime Punter December 6, 2009 11:56 AM GMT
That Times article is nonsense - you can certainly make a case for SA being no. 1, but to suggest Aus are better because they won at home against India 2 years ago is just stupid. Since that series India have comfortably beaten Aus in India, Aus have also lost at home to SA and away to Eng (although also won away to SA), while India have been consistently good. Plus Hayden and Gilchrist have retired, and while the rankings obviously can't take that into account, it hardly helps the 'Aus are a better Test side than India' argument.

I think it's fairly clear that based on results, SA and India are the top 2 sides at the moment, and India being judged to have their noses in front after hammering SL doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

SL being ranked second seemed far more of a false position than India being ranked first does.
Report Mushtaq December 6, 2009 12:14 PM GMT
I don't see how anyone can deny that India are currently no1. That is what the rankings say, and results suggest it is reasonable.

What they can deny is that India's current status has equivalence to the Windies in the 80s or Australia after, and it's not likely whilst the BCCI continues to value test cricket so lightly. Hopefully India getting to no1 might change that, but i'm not holding out much hope.
Report mittheimp December 6, 2009 12:30 PM GMT
is it true India's next test is next October - 10 months away?

If so, why? Whose fault is that? The indian cricket board or the ICC? How many meaningless ODI and 20/20 games will they play before then?

shame for test cricket!
Report Smalltime Punter December 6, 2009 12:39 PM GMT
Think they might be playing Bangladesh before that Mit, but certainly no others. I agree that it's ridiculous.

According to the Future Tours Program, they are supposed to have a home series against South Africa in Feb/Mar, but my understanding is that this will only be ODIs and T20s - no Tests.

Presumably because of the IPL and/or World T20, neither of which were in the calendar when the** was first announced. Shame that it's the Tests that are the first to be shelved though, especially since home and away series between the top two sides (India tour SA this time next year) would have made great viewing and given both the chance to show who's number one.
Report Ive heard you crap now hear me December 6, 2009 1:26 PM GMT
TO ANYONE KNOCKING INDIA WHO IS FROM ENGLAND...... HAVE A LOOK AT YOURSELF :

1) are england no 1 test ranked team in the world ?= NO!
2) are england no 1 one day ranked team in the world = NO!
3) are england in the top 2 20/20 teams in the world =NO!
4) do england have non english people playin in their team i.e pietersen/trott = YES!!!!!
5) [b]do indians let foriegners take over their cricket team and country= NO!!

6- Do england let terrorists`s childern come to this country, do jihad on us and get benfits for it = YES!

AHHH WELL THE LIST COULD GO ON

TAKE UR SOUTH AFRICAN**MY PLAYERS AND TRY 2 BE "ENGLAND" the truth is england team will be full of COLOURED lads and non england born players in the next 15 years

ur grandads will be turning in their graves[/b]
Report johnnyrant December 6, 2009 1:50 PM GMT
well done bigjoe - a wise and deserving thread.
I'm from England and a massive England fan but first and foremost I'm a lover of cricket - esp. test cricket, the true form of the game. India are deserved world no1 on the rankings. In my view they have been world no1 for the last 2 years - pretty much since their tour of Oz when they were robbed by shocking umpiring. Thankfully, in India they took care of Ponting's men.
The thing that frustrates me is that England never get to play a decent length 4-test series, home and away against India. Our last tour there was a ridiculous 2-test series. Such a shame not to have a longer test series against a fantastic India side.
Report GrimReaper December 6, 2009 1:55 PM GMT
Congrats Beej...enjoy it for however long it lasts :)
Report Max and Paddy December 6, 2009 2:03 PM GMT
Ive heard you crap now hear me 06 Dec 14:26
TO ANYONE KNOCKING INDIA WHO IS FROM ENGLAND...... HAVE A LOOK AT YOURSELF :

4) do england have non english people playin in their team i.e pietersen/trott = YES!!!!!
5) do indians let foriegners take over their cricket team and country= NO!!
6- Do england let terrorists`s childern come to this country, do jihad on us and get benfits for it = YES!

AHHH WELL THE LIST COULD GO ON

TAKE UR SOUTH AFRICAN**MY PLAYERS AND TRY 2 BE "ENGLAND" the truth is england team will be full of COLOURED lads and non england born players in the next 15 years

ur grandads will be turning in their graves

Well we've certainly heard your crap now.
Report cricnut December 6, 2009 3:59 PM GMT
there's only way to go now bigjoe and that is down, but yes they are the best team at the moment
Report Ive heard you crap now hear me December 6, 2009 4:07 PM GMT
Max and Paddy

SOON THERE WILL BE NO "MAX & "PADDY" IN ENGLAND

IT WILL BE MARTUS AND PADOLSKI - THE POLISH FAMILY
IT WILL BE MUKESH AND PURNIMA-THE INDIAN FAMILY

THE LIST CONTINUES

UNLUCKY MAX i mean mukesh
Report Ive heard you crap now hear me December 6, 2009 4:28 PM GMT
Report Girls aloud lezzer scrum December 6, 2009 5:02 PM GMT
Another forum shrewdie emerges.
Report oitoitoi December 6, 2009 5:27 PM GMT
There is no side in the world that can beat all the others home and away, i.e. there is no 1983 Windies team in world cricket right now. However if you look at results its pretty clear India are the no.1 side right now. SA for all their might on paper are still horribly inconsistent, watch out for an upset in the test series. Australia are a good side, but nothing more, their batting collapses lost them the ashes and not an awful lot has changed since then. Watson still isn't an opener against quality bowling which is a huge link missing. Hauritz isnt as bad people were saying but he's hardly world class, basically oz are a team of good to very good players + Ponting, India is a team with a GREAT batting line up (though they need to get rid of Yuvraj IMO) and a bowling attack that over the course of a series will generally get the job done. I think right now India is the only side in the world that could beat SL in SL, and despite their dismal away record, they are the no.2 side.

Regarding that times article it's australia beating india 2 years agfo point is retarded, India have improved since then, Australia have arguably gotten worse. Also if the Sydney test had been umpired properly there is no way Australia would have won that series, in fact they probably would have lost 2-1. Also they were completely thumped on the return tour to India, they didn't ever look like winning a test or even having a plan of how to do so.
Report Smalltime Punter December 6, 2009 7:30 PM GMT
Actually, India toured SL last year and they couldn't beat them. Also, to say SA are horribly inconsistent seems harsh - they lost at home to Aus, but I can't think of anyone else who's beaten them in the last 2 or 3 years. And they've won in Aus, Eng and Pak, plus drawn away to India.

If they'd beaten Aus at home as well then they'd be clear number ones, but they didn't and India are therefore a shade ahead (and fully deserve to be).
Report smeagors December 6, 2009 8:32 PM GMT
there are no great teams out there .. no stand out unbeatable teams .. ckt going the same way as other sports .. all about money .. :(
Report oitoitoi December 6, 2009 8:35 PM GMT
Smalltime Punter 06 Dec 20:30
Actually, India toured SL last year and they couldn't beat them.

Very true, but Murali has clearly faded since then and on that tour the Indian batsmen didn't have a clue against Mendis, now they seem to have him figured out.

SA's inconsistency is essentially 2 things, their bowling attack goes from red hot to all over the shop almost from match to match, and the whole team (AB aside) seem incredibly prone to complacency; they often lose dead rubbers (e.g England) and are taken by surprise early in a series. If they were to perform to their potential I think they'd be the clear no.1 side, however they're still a bit off that.
Report JimmyK December 7, 2009 4:20 PM GMT
looks like India are like a boxer who has got to the top of the tree, they darent lose to anyone so they pack in.

well, when i say pack in i believe their next test is in 2018, probably against Bermuda or someone.
Report stephaniebot December 7, 2009 7:14 PM GMT
or planning to be Ireland's first test series...in India!
Report smeagors December 7, 2009 7:18 PM GMT
is it a new ciggy brand ?:|
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com