Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Richard LL
06 Dec 09 11:53
| Topic/replies: 4,992 | Blogger: Richard LL's blog
I have started a thread to highlight the above, this is the thread, thank you.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 81
By:
mittheimp
When: 06 Dec 09 11:55
should be shorter?
By:
Lix
When: 06 Dec 09 12:04
some pretty low 3rd inns scores here. Dont trust the WI enough to lay this.
By:
Johnny Fontaine
When: 06 Dec 09 12:17
Think its a good lay myself Lix. Price will go out sharpish first hour if nowt happens for Oz
By:
Titan's Chlamydia Green Light
When: 06 Dec 09 12:21
2 innings shoot-out now, WI 35/0 with 180 overs left assuming no bad weather.

Think WI will be all out for about 370 morning day 5, this peters out into a draw.

the draw will trade miles lower, it's the only trade to be on imo.
By:
ChocIce
When: 06 Dec 09 12:32
Personally think WI have a much better than 14% chance of winning. Day 5 will be very hard to score on this track. Think Hauritz will do well tomorrow as well though.
By:
mittheimp
When: 06 Dec 09 12:34
will be the true test of Hauritz - most of the top WI bats play spin pretty well though.
By:
Yuvraj Singh
When: 06 Dec 09 12:36
not watched any of this as yet. can anyone tell me if the pitch is turning please?
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 06 Dec 09 12:38
Australia will likely only have to bat 80 overs to draw or win the game. Roach and Benn got through a lot of work days 2 and 3 so they may not be too fresh come day 5.

I just don't see WI bowling Australia out in 80 odd overs unless Australia got into deep trouble going after a big run rate to win, and I doubt they carry that plan on too deeply into their order.

With the rain forecast as well I just cannot see the WI win, and I doubt the pitch gets really tough late on.
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 06 Dec 09 12:40
There was good turn and bounce there for Benn at times Yuvraj, but by no means lethal.
By:
mittheimp
When: 06 Dec 09 12:42
more than likely no rain - forcast says slight risk of a shower tomorrow afternoon only.
By:
Yuvraj Singh
When: 06 Dec 09 12:43
thanks deadly
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 06 Dec 09 12:44
Ok, I saw a forecast yesterday that said afternoon and evening rain tomorrow and morning rain day 5. I suppose with time being able to be added we cannot take lost time as a given from that but even 10-20 overs lost would be significant now and if the match consisted of say only another 150 overs then the result will take a power of forcing by either team to come into play.
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 06 Dec 09 12:48
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDS10034.shtml

Actually, Mit has read this correctly, only says light afternoon showers so you have to doubt his will be significant for day 4.
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 06 Dec 09 12:54
Same site advising morning rain day 5 but this might be unlikely to cost overs as well if stops any time before midday, so we should be factoring in 180 overs from here really. WI probably need to bat 100 of those and get 3 rpo at least before the draw starts to dominate proceedings here. No reason WI cannot do that though, and they did pick a draw seeking xi here really.
By:
mittheimp
When: 06 Dec 09 12:56
depends who bats those overs - Nash and Chanderpaul the only slow scorers in the team. If Gayle bats 20 overs + tomorrow then the strike rate will be decent.
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 06 Dec 09 13:09
Gayle can drop anchor with the best of them when so motivated Mit.

Looks like good chases are not unknown to win here, Clem Hill, Trumper and Trumble did brilliantly for the Great Southern Landers. The overrated SF Barnes took his leave after 7 fruitless overs, no doubt because it wasn't one of the doctored greentops he made his unearned reputation on.

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/62462.html
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 06 Dec 09 13:12
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/249223.html

Also, in that match from 2005, Aussies got 168 at 5.6 rpo for the loss of 4 wickets. They really will have some batting to do here to save this match the WI, but once the chase gets much tougher than around 330 from 80 overs it might be in the too hard basket for Australia.
By:
Jan1ne
When: 06 Dec 09 14:52
Deadly Earnest 06 Dec 13:38

I just don't see WI bowling Australia out in 80 odd overs

83 was enough first dig :|
By:
bigpoppapump
When: 06 Dec 09 14:53
aus batted more than 120 overs first up, at the very slow 3.23 rpo.
By:
Innocent Bystander
When: 06 Dec 09 14:57
3.23? Do international teams bat that slowly anymore? What would Australia do?
By:
bigpoppapump
When: 06 Dec 09 15:02
may have done them a disservice, might have been 3.34.

whatever - was slower than WI, and as in the English summer Aus being more conservative than the oppo. Probably not a pure choice - more related to their lack of control in the field [the "best" bowler is the very wild Mitchell Johnson] and poor spin options. Clearly Hussey is extremely selfish. Ponting less so. Watson gets on with it, but as he doesnt play straight he continues to flatter to deceive. Obviously not easy versus a tall spinner like Benn on a bouncy deck, so overall not going to "blame" aus for their dull/conservative/boring approach. I suppose they are just a poor side and the so called conveyor belt of talent was just a myth. clearly, that wouldn't be the first myth we've had to listen to in relation to Australia 3.3

When does England 4.0's Winter Test Series start? Roll on the exciting teams imo.
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 06 Dec 09 15:21
Intriguing ground analysis here. Visiting teams have a long history of going much lower in their 2nd innings, though mostly at the hands of McGrath, Warne, Lee, Gillespie etc and after chasing leather around the park for 160 odd overs. Also has been some quite weak Nz and Wi batting lineups but the same has held true for stronger Indian and South African batting lineups.

Certain other indicators saying WI should go about as well in the 2nd innings as the first here or maybe just a little slower and lower score.

A lot of the visiiting team 2nd innings collapses have been off decent starts of around 50-1 or similar.

It is just a matter of whether the oz bowling is good enough here to reduce a decent and deep wi batting lineup to that type of score in the 150-250 range that would make Australia good things to win this.

Deadly Earnest will now have an afternoon nap whilst he contemplates this question.

Johnson, Siddle?, Bollinger, Hauritz and Watson, maybe North, head to head with Gayle, Barath, Sarwan, Shiv, Nash, Bravo, Ramdin, Sammy, Benn, Roachford and Rampaul on a 4th day Adelaide wicket.....

My pre sleep thoughts are Wi score 330ish par here at around 2.7-2.8 rpo which would leave Australia around 340 to get from maybe 65-70 overs. We should see a stalemate from there.
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 06 Dec 09 15:25
Seems Master Pump is pretty close to committing himself to an England away Ashes victory in 2010/11.

My pick is Australia for those interested. ;)
By:
bigpoppapump
When: 06 Dec 09 15:25
if England score at 4.0 and aus score at 3.3 then england will be comfortable winners.
By:
cricnut
When: 06 Dec 09 15:56
laid Aussies at 1.6 and don't want to change thange that position, this is a very average aussie attack
By:
Ekbalco
When: 06 Dec 09 15:59
Beautifully poised - my call is WIndiesn all out in 70-75 overs leaving Oz 245 - 265 to win.
Oz win.
By:
Green Beard
When: 06 Dec 09 16:04
my call is gayle to score a century, gayle top bat, and windies to get a draw
By:
Green Beard
When: 06 Dec 09 16:08
and said it all test, aussie price has always had lots of assumptions factored in, and still has a factored poor innings 2nd time round for windies . . .

but 2.6 isnt that bad, aussies still in with a good shout of winning this, but give it 20 mins and you can get 3.2 or so in the morning
By:
West Coast Eagles
When: 06 Dec 09 17:33
if Gayle can stay at the crease for around 25 overs tommorow, you can just about rule an Aussie win out here. I dont think we will see a batting collapse on this wicket

morning session is going to be the crucial one tommorow. AUssies will be looking for at least 3 wickets, which is more than possible here, while the windies will be looking to consolidate from their good start.
By:
West Coast Eagles
When: 06 Dec 09 17:36
Another sub-par test pitch, Adelaide seems to make some good pitches at times but absolute stinkers far too often, Frankenstein couldn't get any life out of this pitch, it is dead Jim.
By:
West Coast Eagles
When: 06 Dec 09 17:38
we might be in a position later in the day , where West Indies if 250 runs ahead, might be looking to switch and get fast runs, who knows they may went to send the Aussies into bat with 3-4 overs. (which I see as a win win situation for them)

Its clear that for me, they will need more than 90.0 overs or so to get the win here. their bowling attack isnt good enough to bowl them out in under a day
By:
mafeking
When: 06 Dec 09 17:40
WCE, there's been about 1 draw in the last 15 years. flat early on for sure but no one would be the least bit surprised if the windies fold like a pack of cards tomorrow.
By:
H99
When: 06 Dec 09 17:52
what time kick off tonight ?
By:
henryjames.
When: 06 Dec 09 18:07
said the same yesterday lucy lucy
By:
Richard LL
When: 06 Dec 09 18:17
indeed HJ, aint seen you around for a while, you been busy?
By:
ChocIce
When: 06 Dec 09 18:26
Windies took the last 9 wickets for 265 runs on Day 3. Pitch has bounce and is taking spin. If Aussies haven't the runs knocked off in 80 overs, think they will be bowled out. Anything over 300 on Day 5 will not be chased IMO. Aussies always agressive in chases as well, rarely settle for a draw. Actually think windies will do well to get 300. This venue is one of the best for Test cricket, match always quickens up in the second half.
By:
henryjames.
When: 06 Dec 09 18:31
All good points Choc, think all 3 results more than, WI value really.

Still play small Lucy was half hoping you would still be around, only name I regognise amongst the bull*sh*t
By:
ChocIce
When: 06 Dec 09 18:35
Any news on Siddle, that will be crucial really.
By:
Girls aloud lezzer scrum
When: 06 Dec 09 18:38
He's got a bit of tightness in one of his hamstrings," Hussey said.

"But I think it was just more precautionary, leave him out of it tonight so his leg has got another 12 hours or so to give it a good go tomorrow.

"I'm pretty confident that he'll be out there tomorrow for us."
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com