Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brain surgeon
05 Jan 09 16:32
| Topic/replies: 22 | Blogger: brain surgeon's blog
currently get the best players in the world and the best youngsters surely india will dominate cricket for the next 10 years at least.
Pause Switch to Standard View can anyone beat india?
Show More
Report michael knight January 5, 2009 4:37 PM GMT
no surely you mean 100 years..
Report Scottyn January 5, 2009 4:39 PM GMT
No way. Never ever.
Report GrimReaper January 5, 2009 4:39 PM GMT
http://www.acapela.tv/good-old-times-bbdcd943a986e.html
Report brain surgeon January 5, 2009 4:40 PM GMT
humour me scotty, who then?
Report Scottyn January 5, 2009 4:43 PM GMT
Anyone on their day. (except probably Bangladesh and Zimbabwe)

India will still be prone to a 150 all out on any given day

Their bowling is little thin on the ground although their 1st choice attack is the best they have had for some time.

Fielding still needs to improve.

Currently fighting it out with SA for No 1 at the moment - will be a cracking series when they play each other.
Report brain surgeon January 5, 2009 4:48 PM GMT
bowling thin? ishant best young bowler in world cricket, kahn best left arm swing bowler in the world, harbahgan second best spinner in the world and when a player gets injured they pull a player like mishra from no were who can do the business, and for that ridiculous comment about being bowled out for 150 on any given day is just plain retarded, they've got the best batting line up in world cricket right now
Report Scottyn January 5, 2009 4:51 PM GMT
You asked.
Report Jonno January 5, 2009 4:52 PM GMT
Wouldn't have the best batting line-up in world cricket if we made them tour England in May-June IMO. Lots of 150 all out's likely in that scenario.
Report Cuddy January 5, 2009 4:54 PM GMT
Just wait until India play Windies. It will be bone-crushing, embarrassing, gut wrenching despair for Indian fans everywhere. Don't say I didn't warn you. I trust someone will ttt this at the appropriate juncture.

Good work, grim - nicely done!

Amazing how a couple of good series has got the Indian brigade positively frothing at the mouth. I would be very surprised if we saw any team dominating in the style of Oz (or Windies before them - had to get that in, obviously, as it was, by far, the more superior era of domination) for periods that can be measured in decades.
Report brain surgeon January 5, 2009 4:57 PM GMT
the reason why people in the cricketing world dislike england is because they feel they are the best and can never handle defeat well, only in the recent demolition from india did they hold there hands up and admit they were outclassed, people like you i bet just live on past glory never stop talking about the ashes you just won by an inch and thats why england will never challenge for the top spot, a bunch of overrated useless bunch of that cricketing caliber could never bowl india out for 150.
Report Scottyn January 5, 2009 4:59 PM GMT
brain surgeon 05 Jan 17:48

,[/i]

Ok lets humour you for a second here and have a look at your quotes.

currently get the best players in the world and the best youngsters surely india will dominate cricket for the next 10 years at least.

Ridiculous comment. Dravid, Tendulker, Laxman, Khan, Singh and Sehwag will not be playing in 5 years let alone ten. So thats six players they have to find.

bowling thin? ishant best young bowler in world cricket, kahn best left arm swing bowler in the world, harbahgan second best spinner in the world and when a player gets injured they pull a player like mishra from no were who can do the business

The bowling is thin. You have listed 3 players there who, yes, are good bowlers. Two of them get injured. Then they struggle. Thats what i mean by thin. Going back to the original question "Can anyone beat India" well, there's an example right there. Lose two of those bowlers and they'll struggle.

and for that ridiculous comment about being bowled out for 150 on any given day is just plain retarded, they've got the best batting line up in world cricket right now

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/343729.html

Laters.
Report Scottyn January 5, 2009 5:01 PM GMT
brain surgeon 05 Jan 17:57
a bunch of overrated useless bunch of that cricketing caliber could never bowl india out for 150.

I never said Eng could bowl them out for 150. I said they are prone to a 150 all out
Report brain surgeon January 5, 2009 5:02 PM GMT
from who? austraila the team that got their ... handed to them
Report michael knight January 5, 2009 5:02 PM GMT
have we all been caught in the net here?
Report brain surgeon January 5, 2009 5:09 PM GMT
YUVRAJ, RAINA, SHARMA, CHAWLA, DHONI, GAMBHIR, KAIF, UTHAPPA YUSAF PATHAN, IFAN PATHAN COULD ALL EASILY GET INTO THE ENGLAND TEAM RIGHT NOW SO WHAT WILL THEY BE LIKE IN 2 OR 3 YEARS, I THINK U WILL BE EATING YOUR WORDS THEN MY FRIEND
Report Scottyn January 5, 2009 5:15 PM GMT
When was the thread "are india better than eng?"
Report brain surgeon January 5, 2009 5:19 PM GMT
ITS NOT BUT I SUPPOSE A LOT OF PEOPLE READING THIS THREAD (THOSE OF A MENTAL DISABILITY) WHO THINK ENGLAND ARE BETTER THAN INDIA AND IM JUST GIVING MY OPINION WHICH JUST HAPPENS TO BE TRUE.
Report michael knight January 5, 2009 5:20 PM GMT
WHY IS YOUR CAP LOCKS KEY STUCK?
Report brain surgeon January 5, 2009 5:23 PM GMT
its not
Report bigjoe January 5, 2009 5:41 PM GMT
agree at the moment its between saffers and india as best in world... i think the clue is in how they have respectively played australia.... yes on the face of it, the saffers 2-0 series win so far, maybe ending in 2-0 or 2-1 seems a bettwr effort then injuns losing 2-1 in aussieland last year :0 ... but that is a deceiving face :(

I contend indias effort was better :0 .. perdictable i hear you say :( .. but hear me out :0

India met aussies after they had whitewashed england, and whitewashed sri lanka in their previous 2 test series :0

Apart from the first test,, india matched aussies and only woeful umpiring denied them a win at sydney which would have ended up a 2-1 series win to india :0 .. more importantly, in that series india faced the bowling of a fit Lee .. a fit stu clark ... a fit johnson.. and , in terms of aussies spinners, a much better one in brad hodge :0

Now lets look at saffers effort.... they face aussies after they got crushed by their bitterest enemies :0 ... even then saffers outplayed in first 3 days of each test :0 ... even though they not facing a fit lee, clark, johnson and hogg... they facing an unfit lee, bollinger, siddle, johnson, kraiza and hauritz :(

If india faced this linepup last year they would have won the series... AND they would not have had to come up with miracles to win each test :0

So, in my humble opinion.. credit to saffers for this series win.. but they are a tad behind india at the moment.

India will be no1 for years to come, they will not dominate to the extent the aussies did.. no team will ever do that... but india got the young batsmen coming through that have already proved themselves on the international stage in ODI and 20-20 world cup .... they got bowlers in ishant sharma, srresanth, RP Singh, chawla and mishra that wpont even peak for another 5 years.. as aussies have founfd to their cost... no spin no win.. india got the seamers for overseas.. spinners for home.... they are the complete package already.. the frightening thing is.. they still learning ;)
Report brain surgeon January 5, 2009 5:45 PM GMT
thank you, nuff said
Report GrimReaper January 5, 2009 5:50 PM GMT
bigjoe 05 Jan 18:41

Apart from the first test,, india matched aussies and only woeful umpiring denied them a win at sydney which would have ended up a 2-1 series win to india

Interesting comment that, Joe. By the same measure, would you accept that ony woeful umpiring at Lord's denied England the chance to go 1-0 up when India last visited?
Report anyother January 5, 2009 5:51 PM GMT
http://www.acapela.tv/good-old-times-bbdd045487241.html
Report brain surgeon January 5, 2009 5:52 PM GMT
how can anyone compare india to england, india are in a different league battered them in england and battered them at home and battered them in the 20/20 world cup or should i say yuvraj did
Report Kaba Diawara January 5, 2009 5:53 PM GMT
Yep, India would never lose by an innings and 200+ and get bowled out in 20 overs at home...................
Report Sir_Ivor January 5, 2009 5:55 PM GMT
Jeez! Is there no end to your bigoted tripe!? India lost in Ozz. Sa have won in Ozz. Get over it and stop whinging about umpires ffs! Take a look at the India v SA head to head in the last home and away series while you're at it!
Report brain surgeon January 5, 2009 6:00 PM GMT
ivor you are what i would call a dumbass, india have went through a transformation in the past 12months with ganguly and kumble retiring, the Australian side that played india was much stronger than the one thats playing south africa now and the difference in class was a lot greater when india played austraila
Report bigjoe January 5, 2009 6:00 PM GMT
GrimReaper 05 Jan 18:50

bigjoe 05 Jan 18:41

Apart from the first test,, india matched aussies and only woeful umpiring denied them a win at sydney which would have ended up a 2-1 series win to india

Interesting comment that, Joe. By the same measure, would you accept that ony woeful umpiring at Lord's denied England the chance to go 1-0 up when India last visited?

Yes Grim i said at the time that bucknors decision not to give lbw against sreesanth cos england that game...... but i also said that with injuns winning the next one.. and having first innings lead of 319 in last test... IF they were sqaure going into that last test at the oval.. they would have enforced the follow on and won series anyway rather playing safe and settling for the draw to ensure 1-0 series win ;)
Report GrimReaper January 5, 2009 6:04 PM GMT
You make the fatal mistake of assuming that all events would have followed the same course, Joe. Going to the 2nd test 1-0 down rather than 0-0 makes a massive difference, imo.

But of course, this is mere conjecture. I tend not to indulge in this wherever possible. Like assuming that India would have won at the Oval, for instance.
Report oscarthedog January 5, 2009 6:04 PM GMT
india number 3 at the moment for me

potentail to move up one or two over next couple of years

also potential to slip to 5th

will be interesting to see how it develops
Report Sir_Ivor January 5, 2009 6:04 PM GMT
"brain surgeon". Take a look at the India v SA head to head in the last home and away series while you're at it!
Report brain surgeon January 5, 2009 6:04 PM GMT
sehwag or cook
gambhir or strauss
dravid or bell
tendulkaror kp
yuvraj or collingwood
laxman or flintoff
dhoni or prior
h.s or swann
khan or broad
mishra or anderson
sharma or sidebottom

not 1 england played could get in the indian team
Report michael knight January 5, 2009 6:06 PM GMT
India couldnt even beat Saffers at home (and thats after losing the series to them away). In fact India would have lost the home series to them too last year had it not been for some pitch doctoring at kanpur.

Mendis and Murali made the Indians look like amateurs in their recent series.

Oh man why am I even entertaining the trolls on this thread.
Report brain surgeon January 5, 2009 6:07 PM GMT
yeah and sa vs india last test series they drew when india had kumble and ganguly like india did with austraila but when they played yuvraj and mishra they destroyed them.. it doesnt take a genious to work out who will win in the next series
Report brain surgeon January 5, 2009 6:09 PM GMT
one bad series doesnt make a team bad (india in sl) and one good series doesnt make a team good (eng winning the ashes)
Report bigjoe January 5, 2009 6:09 PM GMT
Kaba Diawara 05 Jan 18:53

Yep, India would never lose by an innings and 200+ and get bowled out in 20 overs at home...................

Kaba yes i can confirm that india did lose by 200+ runs to sri lanka WITH mendis doing the most dameage.....

I can also confirm that india were indeed skittled out for 74 runs at home by saffers :(

Now can you please confirm the following :

That, on their last visit to sri lanka, saffers lost by AN INNINGS + 154 RUNS :0 ... when lanka did not have mendis :0

And that on indias last tour to south africa ... saffers were skittled out for 84 runs at home by india ;)

Many thanks ;)
Report brain surgeon January 5, 2009 6:12 PM GMT
you tell em big joe
Report Sir_Ivor January 5, 2009 6:41 PM GMT
And that on indias last tour to south africa ... saffers were skittled out for 84 runs at home by india

...........in a series that they went on to lose.
Report Kaba Diawara January 5, 2009 6:42 PM GMT
India lost their last test series in SA, Aus, Pak, SL and NZ. ;)
Report TheBaptist January 5, 2009 7:05 PM GMT
india are home track bullies with fragile team temprament and lack of ielding commitment, in tight games run outs and frun saving matter.

Next dominant team for ages will be......

Australia.. coz they have done it before and no what it takes... it will happen when they churn there next world class spinner out and mature and unearth what they have.

Saffers perennial bridesmaids due to lack of commitment to wicket taking strike and true spinning bowler. Harris does not move ball just balls tight and offers odd dolly for a caning leading to the odd catch.

India can turn relatively spineless on travels they are home town and crowd heroes with many talented players, but lack of team ethicin comparison to Oz, Saffa's (SL, occasionally Eng).

so rare NO 1 spots sporadically for India.
Report brain surgeon January 5, 2009 7:07 PM GMT
baptist u my friend have verbal diarrhea
Report bigjoe January 5, 2009 7:17 PM GMT
kaba yes you could look it like that :( ... you could also say aussies won their last series against saffers, england, sri lanka, kiwis, windies, bangladesh and pakistan without losing a test ;)

Are you saying they just as strong now.... or are you saying things change ;)

Also there is talk about which team has the best bowling for ALL conditions ... with that in mind .. can you confirm the following:

ONLY india , i repeat ONLY INDIA have won at least one test in each of their last 11 series, home and away ..in other words, have they got the bowling to win in all conditions ;)

Also , regarding saffers,can you confirm that of the top 4 teams namely saffers, india, aussies and sri lanka... only the saffers have lost a test against england in last series ... and even more alarmingly :0 .. can you also confirm that the ONLY test won overseas by West Indies since 2002 was in.. yep you guess it... south africa :0

So, i contend that though you may not be enameled with indias consitency.. the saffers have hardly covered themselves in glory :(

Thank you... and goodnight :)
Report brain surgeon January 5, 2009 7:21 PM GMT
big joe for prime minister
Report GrimReaper January 5, 2009 7:21 PM GMT
Enameled :^0 :^0

(sorry Beej, but that really made me laugh)
Report anyother January 5, 2009 7:35 PM GMT
indias consistancy is all over the enameled afaic
Report Master Mind January 5, 2009 7:40 PM GMT
It is too early to say thaat india is best team in the world or it will lead the world in next 10 years . i think that is totlay redeculaus .they won last two series at home ground doesnt mean that they are best lets see when they will come out of home
Report brain surgeon January 5, 2009 7:41 PM GMT
and play england... o wait they beat them didn't they
Report Smalltime Punter January 5, 2009 9:01 PM GMT
In response to the original question, the answer is yes. If you need evidence, Sri Lanka, Australia and South Africa have all beaten India in a full series in the last two years.

Nobody has beaten South Africa in a series since 2006. They've won 7 out of their last 8 series against proper opposition, the exception being the 1-1 draw in India. Home wins against India, Pakistan, West Indies and New Zealand. Away wins against Pakistan, England and Australia.

Over the same two year period, India have won 4 (Eng, Aus, Pak at home, Eng away), drawn 1 (home to SA) and lost 3 (away to SL, Aus & SA).

Australia have won 4 (5 if you include the 2006/07 Ashes, the others being home to India, NZ and SL, and away to WI) and lost 2 (home to SA and away to India).

You can make any argument you like for who is likely to perform best over the next two years, but on recent form there is no doubt that South Africa are currently the best Test side in the world.

The suggestion that India losing a series in Australia is a better achievement than South Africa winning one simply isn't worth dignifying with a response. I shall merely observe that if India had South Africa's record in 2007 and 2008, some people on here would have long since rogered themselves to death with a four foot poster of Mahendra Singh Dhoni...
Report Bernie Larkham January 5, 2009 9:08 PM GMT
Cant reall argue with STP, thats pretty rock solid stuff.

A few other titbits to chew on -
Indian bowlers are a bit overrated imo - Sharma and Zaheer both averaged over 30 this year with the ball, hardly stuff of greats yet.
India have problems in there batting also - top is fine, Dravid is gone, Singh not proved much yet in Tests and Sachin and Laxman will be gone sooner rather than later.

Can anyone beat India? Absofarkinglutely!
Report thehoops January 5, 2009 9:50 PM GMT
I shall merely observe that if India had South Africa's record in 2007 and 2008, some people on here would have long since rogered themselves to death with a four foot poster of Mahendra Singh Dhoni...

funniest comment this year.
Report Beefcake23 January 5, 2009 10:21 PM GMT
BJ, how is it that everytime India come to South Africa you get taken to the cleaners in the test series? The reverse doesn't apply. ;) :) :D :p
Report Only-the-Brave January 5, 2009 10:28 PM GMT
india a quality side, but atm saffers are better.
Report biggestKINGKONG January 6, 2009 4:11 AM GMT
indias record in 2008 was not too great. couldnt bat out 70 0dd overs in sydney. drew a series with sa at home while getting bowled out less than 100 on the first day of a test match. and they lost to sl.

they finished the year strongly beating aus and eng. but take the whole year into account and they performance isnt too hot.
Report dougydougy. January 6, 2009 4:55 AM GMT
If we're talking about tests

India aren't good enough away from home to be the best team in the world. When they have consistant significant results away from home they may challenge, they haven't had that.

There limited success on the subcontinent this year has been down to some fantastic performances from Sehwag and Gambhir, and some fantastic bowling from Zaheer and Ishant.

Put those two opening batsman on swinging bouncy wickets away from home and they will struggle to be as dominant.

Harby hasn't looked as threatening in recent series and has lost some of his guile, and Mishra is no replacement for the Krumble.

There middle order is also far more susceptible to collapse than it was in it's hey day as we saw in SL, once the openers were removed they really struggled. And if anyone can claim that Yuvraj is a superior replacement to Ganguly they are talking absolute garbage and have no idea about the game what so ever.

Key to India success is keeping Ishant and Zaheer fit getting harby back to his best and getting CONSISTANT batting performances away.

Most importantly SA have shown in this series and all year that when the *****are down they can find some grit and fight themselves back into the game, that has always been a trait of the dominant team in world cricket.
Report Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics January 6, 2009 5:13 AM GMT
good summary dougy.....

likely to fall on deaf ears, though.....
Report bigjoe January 6, 2009 7:52 AM GMT
ok lets look at this another way :0

Are india better then australia at the moment :0

I think vast majority would say that India are better :)

But surely that cannot be the case... cos india lost their last series to lanka, pakistan and NZ ... and Aussies beat Lanka , pakistan and NZ .. not only beat them.. but done it without losing a test :0

Come on guy.... the record suggests aussies are miles better then India ;)
Report bigjoe January 6, 2009 7:53 AM GMT
sorry injuns beat pakistan last series.. must have been a blip :(
Report Only-the-Brave January 6, 2009 8:11 AM GMT
No-one is arguing that. However no matter what way you look at it, saffers are currently the best team in the world - will be reflected by rankings soon enough.
Report bigjoe January 6, 2009 8:19 AM GMT
OTB... there is not much in the rankings between India and saffers..... this after in 2008 india played 7 tests against australia.... 3 against lanka away.... 3 against saffers and 2 against england....... saffers spent 2008 playing 3 tests against windies, 4 against bangladesh, 3 against new zealand... 4 against england and 2 against australia ... whom do you think had the tougher year oppo wise ?
Report biggestKINGKONG January 6, 2009 8:25 AM GMT
loosing away to a lower ranked opposition and getting bowled out at home for sub 100 does not make you a world champion.
Report bigjoe January 6, 2009 8:27 AM GMT
Biggestkong....i fully agree with you .. any team that loses by an innings and 154 runs away to lanka.. and gets skittled for 84 at home cannot be classed as best in the world ;)
Report biggestKINGKONG January 6, 2009 8:28 AM GMT
and not being able to beat your closest rival at home surely counts for something. especially when you compare your away record against the same opposition.
Report Only-the-Brave January 6, 2009 8:51 AM GMT
You can only beat what's put in front of you. Also lets not forget India similarly got hammered by SL when they lost by an innings and 239 runs! Also lets not forget that Saffers also beat India by an innings and 90 runs in India! Saffers not lost a series all year and I agree with Ganguly in saying that they are ahead of India for now. particularly until India prove themselves overseas.
Report biggestKINGKONG January 6, 2009 8:52 AM GMT
i was refering to the ind vs sa series at home.
Report brain surgeon January 6, 2009 9:42 AM GMT
haha kingkong u fool
Report Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics January 6, 2009 10:42 AM GMT
bigjoe in india are the best team in the world shock..... :0

at least tony grieg agrees with him......but that is taking into account india's excellent effort to draw their last series in australia..... :_|
Report bigjoe January 6, 2009 1:32 PM GMT
David lloyd also agrees with me ;)
Report Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics January 6, 2009 1:38 PM GMT
looks like it's unanimous..... :_|
Report sevenone February 18, 2009 2:37 PM GMT
Report michael knight September 30, 2009 6:08 PM BST
no!
Report Birchola September 30, 2009 6:11 PM BST
brain surgeon 05 Jan 17:48
bowling thin? ishant best young bowler in world cricket

:^0 :^0 :^0
Report brain surgeon the second September 30, 2009 6:12 PM BST
nob
Report Birchola September 30, 2009 6:18 PM BST
Yes I agree he is a nob and isn't good enough to shine the boots of the likes of Parnell.
Report STEPTOES YARD September 30, 2009 6:23 PM BST
Looked very ordinary over this year.
Report anyother September 30, 2009 6:32 PM BST
cruel to be kind .. :^0 .. ]:)
Report bigjoe September 30, 2009 6:53 PM BST
yes pakistan can beat injuns.. not many other teams ;)
Report anyother September 30, 2009 6:58 PM BST
all teams can beat each other at the moment in all forms of the game .. india are a good side but they are no way near to being a dominant side as in the ozzies in recent years and the windies prior to that .. i doubt we'll ever see a dominant side again what with the lure of T20 and all that dosh ..
Report bigjoe September 30, 2009 7:04 PM BST
i agree with anyothe :0 ... i also have said many a time that though its inevitable that india will be the dominant side in next decade.. they will not dominate in the way those aussie and windies sides did :)
Report tigertiger September 30, 2009 7:11 PM BST
"yes pakistan can beat injuns.. not many other teams "

If Pakistan can beat injuns ... but Pakistan cannot beat many other teams ... India must be even worse than I thought
Report master of multys December 6, 2009 9:59 AM GMT
IT WOULD APPEAR THE ANSWER TO THE THREAD TITLE IS........NO
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com