Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brain surgeon
05 Jan 09 16:32
| Topic/replies: 22 | Blogger: brain surgeon's blog
currently get the best players in the world and the best youngsters surely india will dominate cricket for the next 10 years at least.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 80
By:
michael knight
When: 05 Jan 09 16:37
no surely you mean 100 years..
By:
Scottyn
When: 05 Jan 09 16:39
No way. Never ever.
By:
GrimReaper
When: 05 Jan 09 16:39
http://www.acapela.tv/good-old-times-bbdcd943a986e.html
By:
brain surgeon
When: 05 Jan 09 16:40
humour me scotty, who then?
By:
Scottyn
When: 05 Jan 09 16:43
Anyone on their day. (except probably Bangladesh and Zimbabwe)

India will still be prone to a 150 all out on any given day

Their bowling is little thin on the ground although their 1st choice attack is the best they have had for some time.

Fielding still needs to improve.

Currently fighting it out with SA for No 1 at the moment - will be a cracking series when they play each other.
By:
brain surgeon
When: 05 Jan 09 16:48
bowling thin? ishant best young bowler in world cricket, kahn best left arm swing bowler in the world, harbahgan second best spinner in the world and when a player gets injured they pull a player like mishra from no were who can do the business, and for that ridiculous comment about being bowled out for 150 on any given day is just plain retarded, they've got the best batting line up in world cricket right now
By:
Scottyn
When: 05 Jan 09 16:51
You asked.
By:
Jonno
When: 05 Jan 09 16:52
Wouldn't have the best batting line-up in world cricket if we made them tour England in May-June IMO. Lots of 150 all out's likely in that scenario.
By:
Cuddy
When: 05 Jan 09 16:54
Just wait until India play Windies. It will be bone-crushing, embarrassing, gut wrenching despair for Indian fans everywhere. Don't say I didn't warn you. I trust someone will ttt this at the appropriate juncture.

Good work, grim - nicely done!

Amazing how a couple of good series has got the Indian brigade positively frothing at the mouth. I would be very surprised if we saw any team dominating in the style of Oz (or Windies before them - had to get that in, obviously, as it was, by far, the more superior era of domination) for periods that can be measured in decades.
By:
brain surgeon
When: 05 Jan 09 16:57
the reason why people in the cricketing world dislike england is because they feel they are the best and can never handle defeat well, only in the recent demolition from india did they hold there hands up and admit they were outclassed, people like you i bet just live on past glory never stop talking about the ashes you just won by an inch and thats why england will never challenge for the top spot, a bunch of overrated useless bunch of that cricketing caliber could never bowl india out for 150.
By:
Scottyn
When: 05 Jan 09 16:59
brain surgeon 05 Jan 17:48

,[/i]

Ok lets humour you for a second here and have a look at your quotes.

currently get the best players in the world and the best youngsters surely india will dominate cricket for the next 10 years at least.

Ridiculous comment. Dravid, Tendulker, Laxman, Khan, Singh and Sehwag will not be playing in 5 years let alone ten. So thats six players they have to find.

bowling thin? ishant best young bowler in world cricket, kahn best left arm swing bowler in the world, harbahgan second best spinner in the world and when a player gets injured they pull a player like mishra from no were who can do the business

The bowling is thin. You have listed 3 players there who, yes, are good bowlers. Two of them get injured. Then they struggle. Thats what i mean by thin. Going back to the original question "Can anyone beat India" well, there's an example right there. Lose two of those bowlers and they'll struggle.

and for that ridiculous comment about being bowled out for 150 on any given day is just plain retarded, they've got the best batting line up in world cricket right now

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/343729.html

Laters.
By:
Scottyn
When: 05 Jan 09 17:01
brain surgeon 05 Jan 17:57
a bunch of overrated useless bunch of that cricketing caliber could never bowl india out for 150.

I never said Eng could bowl them out for 150. I said they are prone to a 150 all out
By:
brain surgeon
When: 05 Jan 09 17:02
from who? austraila the team that got their ... handed to them
By:
michael knight
When: 05 Jan 09 17:02
have we all been caught in the net here?
By:
brain surgeon
When: 05 Jan 09 17:09
YUVRAJ, RAINA, SHARMA, CHAWLA, DHONI, GAMBHIR, KAIF, UTHAPPA YUSAF PATHAN, IFAN PATHAN COULD ALL EASILY GET INTO THE ENGLAND TEAM RIGHT NOW SO WHAT WILL THEY BE LIKE IN 2 OR 3 YEARS, I THINK U WILL BE EATING YOUR WORDS THEN MY FRIEND
By:
Scottyn
When: 05 Jan 09 17:15
When was the thread "are india better than eng?"
By:
brain surgeon
When: 05 Jan 09 17:19
ITS NOT BUT I SUPPOSE A LOT OF PEOPLE READING THIS THREAD (THOSE OF A MENTAL DISABILITY) WHO THINK ENGLAND ARE BETTER THAN INDIA AND IM JUST GIVING MY OPINION WHICH JUST HAPPENS TO BE TRUE.
By:
michael knight
When: 05 Jan 09 17:20
WHY IS YOUR CAP LOCKS KEY STUCK?
By:
brain surgeon
When: 05 Jan 09 17:23
its not
By:
bigjoe
When: 05 Jan 09 17:41
agree at the moment its between saffers and india as best in world... i think the clue is in how they have respectively played australia.... yes on the face of it, the saffers 2-0 series win so far, maybe ending in 2-0 or 2-1 seems a bettwr effort then injuns losing 2-1 in aussieland last year :0 ... but that is a deceiving face :(

I contend indias effort was better :0 .. perdictable i hear you say :( .. but hear me out :0

India met aussies after they had whitewashed england, and whitewashed sri lanka in their previous 2 test series :0

Apart from the first test,, india matched aussies and only woeful umpiring denied them a win at sydney which would have ended up a 2-1 series win to india :0 .. more importantly, in that series india faced the bowling of a fit Lee .. a fit stu clark ... a fit johnson.. and , in terms of aussies spinners, a much better one in brad hodge :0

Now lets look at saffers effort.... they face aussies after they got crushed by their bitterest enemies :0 ... even then saffers outplayed in first 3 days of each test :0 ... even though they not facing a fit lee, clark, johnson and hogg... they facing an unfit lee, bollinger, siddle, johnson, kraiza and hauritz :(

If india faced this linepup last year they would have won the series... AND they would not have had to come up with miracles to win each test :0

So, in my humble opinion.. credit to saffers for this series win.. but they are a tad behind india at the moment.

India will be no1 for years to come, they will not dominate to the extent the aussies did.. no team will ever do that... but india got the young batsmen coming through that have already proved themselves on the international stage in ODI and 20-20 world cup .... they got bowlers in ishant sharma, srresanth, RP Singh, chawla and mishra that wpont even peak for another 5 years.. as aussies have founfd to their cost... no spin no win.. india got the seamers for overseas.. spinners for home.... they are the complete package already.. the frightening thing is.. they still learning ;)
By:
brain surgeon
When: 05 Jan 09 17:45
thank you, nuff said
By:
GrimReaper
When: 05 Jan 09 17:50
bigjoe 05 Jan 18:41

Apart from the first test,, india matched aussies and only woeful umpiring denied them a win at sydney which would have ended up a 2-1 series win to india

Interesting comment that, Joe. By the same measure, would you accept that ony woeful umpiring at Lord's denied England the chance to go 1-0 up when India last visited?
By:
anyother
When: 05 Jan 09 17:51
http://www.acapela.tv/good-old-times-bbdd045487241.html
By:
brain surgeon
When: 05 Jan 09 17:52
how can anyone compare india to england, india are in a different league battered them in england and battered them at home and battered them in the 20/20 world cup or should i say yuvraj did
By:
Kaba Diawara
When: 05 Jan 09 17:53
Yep, India would never lose by an innings and 200+ and get bowled out in 20 overs at home...................
By:
Sir_Ivor
When: 05 Jan 09 17:55
Jeez! Is there no end to your bigoted tripe!? India lost in Ozz. Sa have won in Ozz. Get over it and stop whinging about umpires ffs! Take a look at the India v SA head to head in the last home and away series while you're at it!
By:
brain surgeon
When: 05 Jan 09 18:00
ivor you are what i would call a dumbass, india have went through a transformation in the past 12months with ganguly and kumble retiring, the Australian side that played india was much stronger than the one thats playing south africa now and the difference in class was a lot greater when india played austraila
By:
bigjoe
When: 05 Jan 09 18:00
GrimReaper 05 Jan 18:50

bigjoe 05 Jan 18:41

Apart from the first test,, india matched aussies and only woeful umpiring denied them a win at sydney which would have ended up a 2-1 series win to india

Interesting comment that, Joe. By the same measure, would you accept that ony woeful umpiring at Lord's denied England the chance to go 1-0 up when India last visited?

Yes Grim i said at the time that bucknors decision not to give lbw against sreesanth cos england that game...... but i also said that with injuns winning the next one.. and having first innings lead of 319 in last test... IF they were sqaure going into that last test at the oval.. they would have enforced the follow on and won series anyway rather playing safe and settling for the draw to ensure 1-0 series win ;)
By:
GrimReaper
When: 05 Jan 09 18:04
You make the fatal mistake of assuming that all events would have followed the same course, Joe. Going to the 2nd test 1-0 down rather than 0-0 makes a massive difference, imo.

But of course, this is mere conjecture. I tend not to indulge in this wherever possible. Like assuming that India would have won at the Oval, for instance.
By:
oscarthedog
india number 3 at the moment for me

potentail to move up one or two over next couple of years

also potential to slip to 5th

will be interesting to see how it develops
By:
Sir_Ivor
"brain surgeon". Take a look at the India v SA head to head in the last home and away series while you're at it!
By:
brain surgeon
sehwag or cook
gambhir or strauss
dravid or bell
tendulkaror kp
yuvraj or collingwood
laxman or flintoff
dhoni or prior
h.s or swann
khan or broad
mishra or anderson
sharma or sidebottom

not 1 england played could get in the indian team
By:
michael knight
When: 05 Jan 09 18:06
India couldnt even beat Saffers at home (and thats after losing the series to them away). In fact India would have lost the home series to them too last year had it not been for some pitch doctoring at kanpur.

Mendis and Murali made the Indians look like amateurs in their recent series.

Oh man why am I even entertaining the trolls on this thread.
By:
brain surgeon
When: 05 Jan 09 18:07
yeah and sa vs india last test series they drew when india had kumble and ganguly like india did with austraila but when they played yuvraj and mishra they destroyed them.. it doesnt take a genious to work out who will win in the next series
By:
brain surgeon
When: 05 Jan 09 18:09
one bad series doesnt make a team bad (india in sl) and one good series doesnt make a team good (eng winning the ashes)
By:
bigjoe
When: 05 Jan 09 18:09
Kaba Diawara 05 Jan 18:53

Yep, India would never lose by an innings and 200+ and get bowled out in 20 overs at home...................

Kaba yes i can confirm that india did lose by 200+ runs to sri lanka WITH mendis doing the most dameage.....

I can also confirm that india were indeed skittled out for 74 runs at home by saffers :(

Now can you please confirm the following :

That, on their last visit to sri lanka, saffers lost by AN INNINGS + 154 RUNS :0 ... when lanka did not have mendis :0

And that on indias last tour to south africa ... saffers were skittled out for 84 runs at home by india ;)

Many thanks ;)
By:
brain surgeon
When: 05 Jan 09 18:12
you tell em big joe
By:
Sir_Ivor
When: 05 Jan 09 18:41
And that on indias last tour to south africa ... saffers were skittled out for 84 runs at home by india

...........in a series that they went on to lose.
By:
Kaba Diawara
When: 05 Jan 09 18:42
India lost their last test series in SA, Aus, Pak, SL and NZ. ;)
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com