Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bigjoe
03 Dec 09 07:06
| Topic/replies: 3,997 | Blogger: bigjoe's blog
bigjoe 01 Dec 10:17

Murali to make a big impact on the game i reckon ... NO NOT THAT ONE .... i mean murali Vijay who is replacing Gambhir .... saw him on his debut against aussies ..... nearly 2 ton partnerships with sehwag.... looked the business.. elegance and grace personified... yet another example of the obscene amount of batting talent that keeps churning from the conveyer belt

Obviously no surprise to me to see him do well ;) .... but indeed evidence that the conveyor belt is in fine working order ... and great news for the top injun players .. cos with these reserves... the injun management can not only release players for their sisters weddings ... but also for their dog's birthdays :0 :D
Show More
Report Green Beard December 3, 2009 7:16 AM GMT
GAAWWNNNN
Report Deadly Earnest December 3, 2009 7:24 AM GMT
Hopefully the reserves are better than the so called first team Joe. They couldn't get near the Australian 3rd xi in the recent ODI series. ;)
Hopefully the reserves are better than the so called first team Joe. They couldn't get near the Australian 3rd xi in the recent ODI series. ;)
Report Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics December 3, 2009 7:26 AM GMT
posted thrice for effect... :)

a more cynical observer might suggest the innings says more about the lankan bowling...HOWEVER, not ME!!

murali vijay is a new STAR, a demigod if ever i did see one.... :D
Report bigjoe December 3, 2009 7:31 AM GMT
DE .. yes i can understand why an aussie who has seen theirt side slip to no4 in rankings :0 , would now want to regard test cricket as a side show compared to ODI's ;)
Report Deadly Earnest December 3, 2009 8:06 AM GMT
Don't talk test cricket to me Joe.

India have the worst possible, most shameful thing on their test cricket cv imaginable in recent years:

They failed to win a home series v England. It takes approximately 20 years of total world domination to erase that sort of disgraceful embarassment. ;)
Report bigjoe December 3, 2009 8:44 AM GMT
not as embarassing as losing 2 consecutive test series against england away :^0 .... Aussies could learn a thing or two from the team that not a test series against england, home or away, in about 14 years :0 ;)
Report Captain Wurzel December 3, 2009 8:54 AM GMT
Deadly tempts fate with england due in australia next winter. England on the up could prove a big handful for ordinary aussie team.
Report Deadly Earnest December 3, 2009 9:03 AM GMT
Joe, you will have to do better than that mate. Not beating half an England team in a home series far outweighs 2 marginal losses on their dunghills.

You beating Sri Lanka at home is like Australia beating new Zealand at home, it is expected. If the Aussies fail to beat the poms at home then we can start comparing notes.

Captain Wurzel seems to think it may happen, but noone else does.
Report bigjoe December 3, 2009 9:14 AM GMT
yep beating the no2 ranked team that has not lost a series for 2 years is like beating kiwis :(

I guess its your way of saying how good the injuns are :0
Report Captain Wurzel December 3, 2009 9:43 AM GMT
Deadly you still think aussies are a good test side - look at the team sheet. Aussies will struggle at home against England. Aussie bowling not good enough + how many more batting prodigies like Hughes are your mob goint to unveil - a test opener who can't handle the short ball !! Derisory !! The bloke has got no ticker.
Report Captain Wurzel December 3, 2009 9:43 AM GMT
Deadly you still think aussies are a good test side - look at the team sheet. Aussies will struggle at home against England. Aussie bowling not good enough + how many more batting prodigies like Hughes are your mob goint to unveil - a test opener who can't handle the short ball !! Derisory !! The bloke has got no ticker.
Report Captain Wurzel December 3, 2009 9:44 AM GMT
Sorry for repeating myself.
Report Deadly Earnest December 3, 2009 11:18 AM GMT
I think a team retains the right to still be considered decent until someone beats them at home, especially when their last 2 away assignments resulted in 2-1 v SA and 1-2 v Eng with a big winning draw thrown in for good measure.

Anyway, what odds would you be after for the poms beating Australia in Australia?
Report bigjoe December 3, 2009 11:25 AM GMT
deadly so your saying aussies were decent till saffers beat them at home a few months ago :D
Report Captain Wurzel December 3, 2009 11:31 AM GMT
Big winning draw ? That's a draw yeah ?
Report Captain Wurzel December 3, 2009 11:31 AM GMT
Good point BJ. Little blindspot in deadly's memory there.
Report Deadly Earnest December 3, 2009 12:52 PM GMT
Didn't last long enough to be considered a proper series win. Avenged before you blokes spoke up. ;)
Report Deadly Earnest December 3, 2009 12:54 PM GMT
My answer is yes Capt Wurzel, a big winning draw is a genre of the draw family.

Now, what is your answer to my question?
Report Captain Wurzel December 3, 2009 1:24 PM GMT
Bit early for odds on a test series a year away deadly. Currently i would make it about even steven.
Report Captain Wurzel December 3, 2009 1:26 PM GMT
Actually if Broads fit i reckon England would be odds on. He's getting better all the time as Australia found out at the Oval.
Report Deadly Earnest December 3, 2009 1:31 PM GMT
Tell you what Cpt Wurzel, you can get all the 2.5 you want with me about the poms winning that series. Can't be fairer than that or I'd be taking the food from my as yet unconcieved children's gobs. ;)

And hopefully they stay that way.
Report Captain Wurzel December 3, 2009 4:04 PM GMT
Brave shout deadly, i'm not wanting to take any food from your future childrens mouths so I will let you off the hook on this one. I probably bet amounts which you would be unable to cover anyway.
Report Deadly Earnest December 3, 2009 4:09 PM GMT
You probably do Captain Doubleyou, you probably do....
Report Captain Wurzel December 3, 2009 6:19 PM GMT
I like talking big !! Actually deadly i reckon it's going to be a good series and i've got to admit i have been impressed with the way australia bounced back to beat england in the one dayers and then a superb performance in India with so many players out injured. Looking forward to it and may the best team win.
Report toderav December 3, 2009 9:10 PM GMT
back to the thread title....

very very impressed with murali vijay, textbook technique, stylish strokemaker and scores at a quick rate (carrying on from his debut in the aus series)....the man to step into rahul dravid shoes when he hangs his boots up at #3? i suppose we will not know until he is tested away from the sub continent, but looks to have the temprement and technique to be able to adust
Report Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics December 3, 2009 9:11 PM GMT
^ why would we want to do that??

?:| ;)
Report Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics December 3, 2009 9:12 PM GMT
after all, this thread is just an attention-seeking post about a "great call" regarding a decent young player who may well end up as the lowest score in the indian innings...

imo...

;\
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com