Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bigjoe
03 Dec 09 07:06
| Topic/replies: 3,997 | Blogger: bigjoe's blog
bigjoe 01 Dec 10:17

Murali to make a big impact on the game i reckon ... NO NOT THAT ONE .... i mean murali Vijay who is replacing Gambhir .... saw him on his debut against aussies ..... nearly 2 ton partnerships with sehwag.... looked the business.. elegance and grace personified... yet another example of the obscene amount of batting talent that keeps churning from the conveyer belt

Obviously no surprise to me to see him do well ;) .... but indeed evidence that the conveyor belt is in fine working order ... and great news for the top injun players .. cos with these reserves... the injun management can not only release players for their sisters weddings ... but also for their dog's birthdays :0 :D

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 29
By:
Green Beard
When: 03 Dec 09 07:16
GAAWWNNNN
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 03 Dec 09 07:24
Hopefully the reserves are better than the so called first team Joe. They couldn't get near the Australian 3rd xi in the recent ODI series. ;)
By:
Deadly Earnest
Hopefully the reserves are better than the so called first team Joe. They couldn't get near the Australian 3rd xi in the recent ODI series. ;)
By:
Deadly Earnest
By:
Lies, DamnLies, and Statistics
When: 03 Dec 09 07:26
posted thrice for effect... :)

a more cynical observer might suggest the innings says more about the lankan bowling...HOWEVER, not ME!!

murali vijay is a new STAR, a demigod if ever i did see one.... :D
By:
bigjoe
When: 03 Dec 09 07:31
DE .. yes i can understand why an aussie who has seen theirt side slip to no4 in rankings :0 , would now want to regard test cricket as a side show compared to ODI's ;)
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 03 Dec 09 08:06
Don't talk test cricket to me Joe.

India have the worst possible, most shameful thing on their test cricket cv imaginable in recent years:

They failed to win a home series v England. It takes approximately 20 years of total world domination to erase that sort of disgraceful embarassment. ;)
By:
bigjoe
When: 03 Dec 09 08:44
not as embarassing as losing 2 consecutive test series against england away :^0 .... Aussies could learn a thing or two from the team that not a test series against england, home or away, in about 14 years :0 ;)
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 03 Dec 09 08:54
Deadly tempts fate with england due in australia next winter. England on the up could prove a big handful for ordinary aussie team.
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 03 Dec 09 09:03
Joe, you will have to do better than that mate. Not beating half an England team in a home series far outweighs 2 marginal losses on their dunghills.

You beating Sri Lanka at home is like Australia beating new Zealand at home, it is expected. If the Aussies fail to beat the poms at home then we can start comparing notes.

Captain Wurzel seems to think it may happen, but noone else does.
By:
bigjoe
When: 03 Dec 09 09:14
yep beating the no2 ranked team that has not lost a series for 2 years is like beating kiwis :(

I guess its your way of saying how good the injuns are :0
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 03 Dec 09 09:43
Deadly you still think aussies are a good test side - look at the team sheet. Aussies will struggle at home against England. Aussie bowling not good enough + how many more batting prodigies like Hughes are your mob goint to unveil - a test opener who can't handle the short ball !! Derisory !! The bloke has got no ticker.
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 03 Dec 09 09:43
Deadly you still think aussies are a good test side - look at the team sheet. Aussies will struggle at home against England. Aussie bowling not good enough + how many more batting prodigies like Hughes are your mob goint to unveil - a test opener who can't handle the short ball !! Derisory !! The bloke has got no ticker.
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 03 Dec 09 09:44
Sorry for repeating myself.
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 03 Dec 09 11:18
I think a team retains the right to still be considered decent until someone beats them at home, especially when their last 2 away assignments resulted in 2-1 v SA and 1-2 v Eng with a big winning draw thrown in for good measure.

Anyway, what odds would you be after for the poms beating Australia in Australia?
By:
bigjoe
When: 03 Dec 09 11:25
deadly so your saying aussies were decent till saffers beat them at home a few months ago :D
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 03 Dec 09 11:31
Big winning draw ? That's a draw yeah ?
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 03 Dec 09 11:31
Good point BJ. Little blindspot in deadly's memory there.
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 03 Dec 09 12:52
Didn't last long enough to be considered a proper series win. Avenged before you blokes spoke up. ;)
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 03 Dec 09 12:54
My answer is yes Capt Wurzel, a big winning draw is a genre of the draw family.

Now, what is your answer to my question?
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 03 Dec 09 13:24
Bit early for odds on a test series a year away deadly. Currently i would make it about even steven.
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 03 Dec 09 13:26
Actually if Broads fit i reckon England would be odds on. He's getting better all the time as Australia found out at the Oval.
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 03 Dec 09 13:31
Tell you what Cpt Wurzel, you can get all the 2.5 you want with me about the poms winning that series. Can't be fairer than that or I'd be taking the food from my as yet unconcieved children's gobs. ;)

And hopefully they stay that way.
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 03 Dec 09 16:04
Brave shout deadly, i'm not wanting to take any food from your future childrens mouths so I will let you off the hook on this one. I probably bet amounts which you would be unable to cover anyway.
By:
Deadly Earnest
When: 03 Dec 09 16:09
You probably do Captain Doubleyou, you probably do....
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 03 Dec 09 18:19
I like talking big !! Actually deadly i reckon it's going to be a good series and i've got to admit i have been impressed with the way australia bounced back to beat england in the one dayers and then a superb performance in India with so many players out injured. Looking forward to it and may the best team win.
By:
toderav
When: 03 Dec 09 21:10
back to the thread title....

very very impressed with murali vijay, textbook technique, stylish strokemaker and scores at a quick rate (carrying on from his debut in the aus series)....the man to step into rahul dravid shoes when he hangs his boots up at #3? i suppose we will not know until he is tested away from the sub continent, but looks to have the temprement and technique to be able to adust
By:
When: 03 Dec 09 21:11
^ why would we want to do that??

?:| ;)
By:
When: 03 Dec 09 21:12
after all, this thread is just an attention-seeking post about a "great call" regarding a decent young player who may well end up as the lowest score in the indian innings...

imo...

;\
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com