Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mittheimp
30 Nov 09 13:30
| Topic/replies: 788 | Blogger: mittheimp's blog
The much maligned Tony Grieg. well he's a bit over the top as a commentator but least shows enthusiasm.

Anyway, just listened to his podcast from cricinfo and I agree with everything he says. Balanced, even handed, isnt putting anyone or anything down too much, has respect for the players and clearly knows his international cricket - (unlike most english commentators - particularly the test match special crew - who only know about England).

So many cricket jornalists write with the doomsday scenario -
referrals is the end of cricket as we know it, cricket in the west indies is dead, test match cricket will die very soon, muralitheran is finished and so on. In fact most general cricket analysis can be very depressing to read!

Well done Tony Greig!
Show More
Report mittheimp November 30, 2009 1:31 PM GMT
http://www.cricinfo.com/talk/content/multimedia/437409.html
Report New Guy in Town November 30, 2009 2:55 PM GMT
top bloke imo
Report Deadly Earnest November 30, 2009 3:37 PM GMT
New GiT, for god's sake get another forum name mate.

That one is up there with T-PiG.
Report good value losers November 30, 2009 4:14 PM GMT
will sadly always be remembered by me for that shockingly ill-advised comment, uttered by a white s african captaining england, with aparthied still running, stating that he would make the west indies, the sons of slaves, grovel. methinks those of you not alive in 1976 cannot comprehend the sheer horror of that comment.
Report sir toby green November 30, 2009 5:17 PM GMT
'sheer horror'..lol. That is an absurd distortion of what he meant and I cannot believe there are very many who share your interptetation of his remarks.Arrogant and inappropriate maybe but racist certainly not.
Report good value losers November 30, 2009 5:30 PM GMT
lol ask any west indian and see what they say, though they'll probably try and be polite.
Report mittheimp November 30, 2009 11:14 PM GMT
yep - and he regrets it! and he had the good grace to crawl on his knees in front of the windies fans after losing his wicket in the final test at the oval. Everyone makes mistakes - and i think his comments were more unfortunate than racially motivated.
Report chumptastic December 1, 2009 12:33 AM GMT
grade A to$$er.
met him at the rosebowl during the 2004 champions trophy.
rude, and highly arrogant.

but, in deference to the original poster, i have to admit i agree with almost every point made in the podcast.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com