Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
JimmyK
29 Nov 09 09:37
| Topic/replies: 590 | Blogger: JimmyK's blog
off mic, at the fall of Ryan McLaren that forced the BBC to issue an apology?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 39
By:
GrimReaper
When: 29 Nov 09 09:41
I don't know, but I am sure that Poppa, the forum's resident Geoffrey-stalker will be along shortly to tell us :)
By:
michael knight
When: 29 Nov 09 09:42
"It's ridiculous that anyone is banned whilst Murali is still playing", "Murali should be called as a witness for the defence in any throwing case" and "it's unfair that a lesser bowler is banned whilst he's allowed to bowl just because he could potentially get a 1000 wickets."

He said this during the last odi re Botha lol.

Doubt the bbc would have to apologise over this though.
By:
TwoTonTed
When: 29 Nov 09 10:03
basically said that the doorsa should either be permitted (by everyone) or outlawed completely. Said that anyone who bowls one must be bowling illegally. Change the laws etc etc............
By:
JimmyK
When: 29 Nov 09 10:05
that was surely not worth a public apology, i feared a big ron type incident or something!
By:
JimmyK
When: 29 Nov 09 10:06
ttt, that surely was not offensive though?
By:
GrimReaper
When: 29 Nov 09 10:06
And why should the BBC apologise for this? Hand-wringing numpties.
By:
GrimReaper
When: 29 Nov 09 10:08
I thought he might have spotted that large black lady gyrating, and said "By 'eck, I'd like to put soom balls in 'er "corridor of uncertainty""
By:
TwoTonTed
When: 29 Nov 09 10:11
sorry, didnt realise this thread is in reference to the dismissal of McLaren today, I was talking about his doorsa rant the other day (which wasnt at all racist or anything untoward, just Geoff's usual pointed remarks).
By:
plainmoor layer
When: 29 Nov 09 10:11
Crazy, crazy, crazy -- the apologies that broadcasters make nowadays whenever anybody says the slightest thing that may offend one person in a million. Sky Sports are amongst the worst offenders whenever a player is heard to swear - it's crazy it's real life ffs - get a grip - nobody really cares - nobody is really offended.
By:
marychain1
When: 29 Nov 09 10:24
they apologised for Rory Mcllroy swearing on the golf this morning. He said the F word under his breath, and although it was obvious what he had said if you have even moderate lip reading skills, you couldnt hear him as it was a long distance camera.

No need for an apology but there we go.
By:
Girls aloud lezzer scrum
When: 29 Nov 09 10:43
He said " back in the hutch you filthy mutha**a "
By:
TwoTonTed
When: 29 Nov 09 10:52
I think pro golfers do incredibly well when they miss a put or dump a shot into a hazzard; in general they manage a contained scowl. Any club golfer will be more than familiar with extremely choice language screamed from corner to corner of your average course; I'm right up there in the guilty steaks when I find it impossible not to call myself a**t out load on a regular basis :D
By:
Max and Paddy
When: 29 Nov 09 10:54
Broadcasters have to apologise - not cos they think it's terrible, but cos an apology immediately after a remark that might be seen offensive will count in their favour if they get in trouble with OFCOM.
By:
GrimReaper
When: 29 Nov 09 10:54
We find it hard not to call you a**t out loud on a regular basis as well, Teddles :^0
By:
TwoTonTed
When: 29 Nov 09 10:57
you referring to our rugny side Grim :|
By:
TwoTonTed
When: 29 Nov 09 10:57
rugby even :)
By:
GrimReaper
When: 29 Nov 09 10:58
Cost me a few bob yesterday.. :_|
By:
TwoTonTed
When: 29 Nov 09 11:01
lol me too, our most inept performance for about 3 or 4 years, made worse by the fact that the convicts have been pretty average with even a loss notched up against the Sweaties :_|
By:
JimmyK
When: 29 Nov 09 11:18
if its what i heard in the lunch break...............he laughed and cheered when McLaren was out. .....................if they have to apologise for that what is the world coming to!!
By:
scliffor
When: 29 Nov 09 11:23
Not surprised if he did enjoy it when McLaren was out, he was arguing earlier that McLaren couldn't bat (with one of the SA commentators)
By:
RockMonkey
When: 29 Nov 09 11:25
The apology is often more infuriating than what they are apologising for...and don't get me started on warnings that films may contain 'scenes of peril'!!!
By:
Innocent Bystander
When: 29 Nov 09 11:25
He cant - if he was any good England would have snapped him up. They werent interested so he went back home to Saffer
By:
JimmyK
When: 29 Nov 09 11:27
IB

Am I correct in thinking that McLaren was one of the 'i am not sure who i want to play for'...............'i always wanted to play for the country of my birth'......... Kolpak players?
By:
JimmyK
When: 29 Nov 09 11:29
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/6683907/BBC-apologises-for-Geoff-Boycott-tirade.html

hahahahahahahaha
By:
JimmyK
When: 29 Nov 09 11:30
he did say something then!!
By:
Innocent Bystander
When: 29 Nov 09 11:30
http://www.sportinglife.com/cricket/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=cricket/09/11/29/CRICKET_Boycott.html

BBC SAYS SORRY FOR BOYCOTT OUTBURST

The BBC apologised to radio listeners today after a foul-mouthed outburst from Geoffrey Boycott during its cricket coverage.

The outspoken 69-year-old commentator was overheard shrieking "f****** t****r" during the corporation's Test Match Special coverage of England's match against South Africa this morning.

His comment was understood to have been made after England took a sixth wicket as they bowled South Africa out for 119 in the fourth one-day international in Port Elizabeth.

It was not known who the comment was directed at and Boycott was unaware comments were being broadcast, a BBC source said.

A Radio 5 Live spokesman said: "An off-air comment made by Geoffrey Boycott in a live broadcast was heard by some listeners which we apologised for as soon as we realised it had been audible."
By:
Jan1ne
When: 29 Nov 09 11:32
boycott probably one of the few things the BBC shouldn't be apologising for
By:
Girls aloud lezzer scrum
When: 29 Nov 09 11:32
What's the 2nd word please ? Tinker ?
By:
GrimReaper
When: 29 Nov 09 11:33
I think the funniest thing is that the Telegraph refer to him as "Sir Geoffrey" - TWICE!

:^0 :^0 :^0
By:
Innocent Bystander
** you would think

Maybe he was complaining about Smiths decision to insert as he had backed Saffers at 1.5 pre game :0
By:
Innocent Bystander
t0sser
By:
Max and Paddy
When: 29 Nov 09 11:34
Bearing in mind my earlier post, I think it's fair to say that in this instance the BBC were correct to apologise!
By:
Girls aloud lezzer scrum
When: 29 Nov 09 11:34
Ah thanks :)
By:
Innocent Bystander
When: 29 Nov 09 11:35
Did Sir Geoffrey just bump into Duncan Fletcher?
By:
Green Beard
When: 29 Nov 09 12:22
:D just another disgraceful example of PC gone wrong imvho
By:
michael knight
When: 29 Nov 09 18:32
Ahh it wasnt about chucking at all -

The BBC has been forced to apologise after cricketing legend Geoffrey Boycott made a foul-mouthed outburst on live radio.

The outspoken 69-year-old commentator was overheard screaming 'f****** t***er' during the corporation's Test Match Special coverage of England's one-day cricket match against South Africa this morning on Radio 5 Live.

He made the comment after England took a sixth wicket as they bowled South Africa out for 119 in the fourth one-day international in Port Elizabeth.

It was not known who exactly the comment was directed at and Sir Geoffrey was unaware comments were being broadcast, a BBC source said.

However, Ryan McLaren was the sixth South African wicket to fall, caught by Paul Collingwood at backward point for a fifth-ball duck, giving James Anderson the fourth of his five wickets during the innings.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1231864/BBC-apologises-Boycotts-foul-mouthed-outburst-Test-Match-coverage.html#ixzz0YHKsw2RL
By:
michael knight
When: 29 Nov 09 18:33
oh IB's already mentioned it - sorry!
By:
Amanda Hugnkiss
When: 30 Nov 09 14:21
Vile man.
By:
BigMig
When: 30 Nov 09 15:07
He was actually on air with Agnew at the time. When McLaren was out, he mouthed the words '**g t0sser' to Gerald de Kock sitting near him but they could be picked up. Very faintly but enough for the Beeb to apologise.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com