Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Baker Boy
17 Nov 09 13:09
| Topic/replies: 757 | Blogger: Baker Boy's blog
I know that may open this thread to some abuse, but wondered if i could get some sensible answers regarding a spread bet i like the look of.

In the forthcoming ODI series (5 matches) one firm is offering a buy of 46 on innings 300 ups, for those not familar what its saying, is you get 1 point for every run over 300 in any innings during the series.

Now whilst England dont do it very often, if they are to score 300 plus, i'd fancy them on SA pitches against what is a limited attack. For this bet to win big, i think you would want SA to bat first on 3-4 games, but if they did, surely this is a big buy. If England take a cautious approach with Anderson, Broad and/or Swann, i cant see how we can keep them under 300 in any game.

Would be grateful of worthwhile input especially those being able to give me a reason why this isn't a buy.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 21
By:
Mr. Moustache
When: 17 Nov 09 13:12
Which firm? I agree btw, cant see this series being anything but high scoring.
By:
the nugget
When: 17 Nov 09 13:38
looks like they are struggling to contain the A side to under 300
By:
Baker Boy
When: 17 Nov 09 13:39
Sporting insects.

To me it is a poor SA attack against a reasonable England batting line up
A potentially dire Eng attack against a strong SA batting line up
By:
Baker Boy
When: 17 Nov 09 13:41
Its gone up to 48 in the last 20 mins!!!
By:
Pitch Doctor
When: 17 Nov 09 14:03
Be careful its still early summer and the weather is a bit of a lottery. You only need one reduced game in to spoil your plan. Or toss's to go against you, watch out if the they use that filthy pitch at the Wanderers they used in the champions trophy.
By:
Lix
When: 17 Nov 09 14:12
seems a good bet. 1st ODI is at joburg, probably on the belter with a depleted Eng attack.

if SA bat 1st it could be a er... cricket score. Also helped slightly by the Afternoon start. Ball can nip about early morning in SA although you're at the mercy of evening thunderstorms.
By:
Baker Boy
When: 17 Nov 09 14:18
Thank you PD, all things to be weighed up i guess, a rained off game is allocated 8, but not sure how they judge rain affected.

I certainly wouldn't want England batting first, but its not without hope of 300+ scores, i just feel SA could post 360+ on a good deck against our attack, if they get first use.

Will tread with caution until Friday hoping for a hot sunny day and belter to start.
By:
mafeking
When: 17 Nov 09 14:24
saffer reserves folding like a pack of cards :0
By:
Quito
When: 27 Nov 09 14:44
Hope you had a go at the reduced rate!
By:
Baker Boy
When: 27 Nov 09 14:46
Enjoying this at the moment!! Bought at 46 for £8 a point, got 8 for the first game, zip last time, hoping we see 338 at least, so the rest of the series is more enjoyable.
By:
bigjoe
When: 27 Nov 09 14:49
great bet bakerboy :0 .. good luck :)
By:
Innocent Bystander
When: 27 Nov 09 14:49
would be nice if you get some more in the 2nd dig too ;)
By:
Baker Boy
When: 27 Nov 09 14:54
Yep, will be watching be watching the 2nd Innings at home (Sky Player at work is great), with some London Pride with a hope that we can get close, however, chasing under lights is tough and Parnell/M Morkel makes a huge difference to them
By:
Baker Boy
When: 27 Nov 09 14:55
Cheers Joe
By:
Max and Paddy
When: 27 Nov 09 14:58
Great bet, BB.
By:
Baker Boy
When: 27 Nov 09 15:03
Never felt that way about a man before, but watching Luke Wrights death bowling, i'm tempted to send him some flowers.
By:
Mr. Moustache
When: 27 Nov 09 15:24
Good shout Bakerboy, I bought at 50 for 3.75 a point after seeing this thread so thanks!!!
By:
Baker Boy
When: 27 Nov 09 15:28
Good Luck Mr M, always have the fear that posting anything like this bites you in the backside - so nice to enjoy getting one right.

My fear however that to add to the winnings we'll have to wait until the next game - hopefully we'll recall Saj
By:
Mr. Moustache
When: 27 Nov 09 15:34
Was thinking the bet was reliant on a game like this with a team posting 340 odd. The 8 runs from the 1st game was a nice bonus too!
By:
JimmyK
When: 27 Nov 09 15:36
top shout mate
By:
STEPTOES YARD
When: 27 Nov 09 15:38
Good call
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply