Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Captain Wurzel
24 Nov 09 12:55
| Topic/replies: 4,885 | Blogger: Captain Wurzel's blog
England 2.72 for Friday's 50 over game. Why ? Looks like two relatively weak bowling attacks and two fairly strong batting line ups - with englands batting looking deeper than SA. This looks an evenish game to me - England representing serious value at the price.
Pause Switch to Standard View Am i missing something ?
Show More
Report Major Gambling November 24, 2009 12:00 PM GMT
I was thinking the same. England have also won the last 6 ODIs against Saffers.
Report Birchola November 24, 2009 12:00 PM GMT
Expect similar value for the whole series. Keep laying the Saffers.
Report Innocent Bystander November 24, 2009 12:01 PM GMT
Saffers record at Newlands is quite formidable - winning 24 out of 27 there including last 9 there
Report Captain Wurzel November 24, 2009 12:07 PM GMT
Yeah good shout IB, SA do like it at Newlands but their side looks unbalanced, any news on parnell ?
Report Innocent Bystander November 24, 2009 12:09 PM GMT
Called up along with Morne

Sounds like Saffers are panicking on the bowlers front

The chasing under lights factor at Newlands is a good study too
Report richieboy44 November 24, 2009 12:14 PM GMT
yeah IB , NINE ODI's in a row at Cape Town , over the last 5 years beating ALL the test playing nations there , including 196 run thrashing of Australia in '06 , 10 wicket victory over Pakistan in '07 and 108 run victory over England the last time these 2 met here in an ODI back in '05 !!!!
Report Captain Wurzel November 24, 2009 12:18 PM GMT
Looks like a choice between great ground record and current form.
Report bigjoe November 24, 2009 12:22 PM GMT
in my preview at the other place i suggested laying the ar5e off the saffers for the series at 1.41 :0

Main reason i cited was that saffers lacked a dibbly dobbly bowler in the crucial middle overs ;) .. this remains their weakness.

I also hinted that this series will see the start of englands surge up the ODI rankings ... i have not seen anything to change my mind ;)
Report Lix November 24, 2009 12:48 PM GMT
didnt you also tip 19 losers in a row at the 'other place' ? :^0

Sorry Joe!
Report Johnny Fontaine November 24, 2009 12:51 PM GMT
19 :0

Is that some sort of world record ?:|
Report good value losers November 24, 2009 12:55 PM GMT
interesting stats! the question is, of course, is there any cause and effect between the ground and a team's record at it? and, if so, does that causal link apply for this match? a bit like all the myriad stats the yanks love in their sports - team a has won every game played on mondays in november etc :)
Report bigjoe November 24, 2009 1:06 PM GMT
yes i did lix.. 19 losing bets in a row and still showing 15% ROI profit for my suscribers ... their , and my fortunes can only improve ;)
Report Lix November 24, 2009 1:17 PM GMT
***** past performance is no guarantee of future results *****

:)
Report bigjoe November 24, 2009 1:21 PM GMT
true :(
Anyway, back to this game .. yes saffers have a god record at newlands... but it will ba a case of the goose and the gander again...if its suits sten and morkel .. it wilsuit anderson and even mahmod too ;)

I dont even think this is an even steven game..i reckon england should be odds on ;)
Report Innocent Bystander November 24, 2009 1:43 PM GMT
With the addition of Gibbs, Morne and Parnell to the squad I am finding it very hard to work out which side Saffers will field. Are they looking to put Gibbs in the middle order to shore it up? Peterson and Alma were the top bats for the Saffers and taking either of them out will be harsh for a potentially washed up 35 year old living on former glories?

As for the bowling, Langeveld looked the most threatening on Sunday imho. Van der Merver looks to have been found out at this level (Botha harshly dumped for him based on a couple of performances in the IPL). Parnell seemed to be suffering from 2nd season syndrome in the Champs Trophy and Morne can be an expensive luxury in this format. Steyn desperately need support, I fear he could break down this winter if he has to carry such a burden on his shoulders

Losing Kallis was a bigger miss than people thought. Basically Saffers had to plug in a couple of all rounders to cover his absence, and neither Albie or McLaren look good enough to bowl a 10 over stint, and their batting is of the hit and miss variety.

England will hope to have Swann and Broad available, and if they are you would say they have their first XI available
Report tigertiger November 24, 2009 4:15 PM GMT
"I dont even think this is an even steven game..i reckon england should be odds on "

By my calcs, you should be putting at least 19% of your bank on England then. Is that right? Possibly more depending how much better you think they are.
Report bigjoe November 24, 2009 6:07 PM GMT
tigertiger..i only having a few rupees on this game.. main bet was series lay of saffers at 1.41 ;)
Report anyother November 24, 2009 6:27 PM GMT
stop groveling ffs X:(
Report anyother November 24, 2009 6:27 PM GMT
X-(
Report anyother November 24, 2009 6:29 PM GMT
you come on here bigging up a lay of the saffers yet they have'nt even lost yet .. neatly skipped over the previous 19 consecutive losing bets .. you could'nt make it up .. i like you bj but ffs how big is u'r fecking ego mate .. so desperate sometimes its sad ..
Report TwoTonTed November 24, 2009 6:35 PM GMT
Innocent Bystander 24 Nov 13:09

The chasing under lights factor at Newlands is a good study too

Geez, I knew it was a chase with peril under lights ground. However, how have Saf managed to win soooooooo many tosses :0 :0
Report fundamentalist November 24, 2009 6:38 PM GMT
Smiths a good** ;)
Report fundamentalist November 24, 2009 6:38 PM GMT
tos ser
Report TwoTonTed November 24, 2009 6:40 PM GMT
lol fundy but it's very uncanny how in all those recent D/N victories they have won the toss and batted; talk about being ferkin lucky!!!
Report fundamentalist November 24, 2009 6:44 PM GMT
was pondering that earlier, is is Saffers always win or the team thast bat first always wins thats the important bit
Report TwoTonTed November 24, 2009 7:33 PM GMT
not quite as sound in day games iirc, which this aint, but I'll be very quick to keep the batters on-side 1st dig based on those stats.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com