Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Super Vixen
23 Nov 09 16:48
| Topic/replies: 674 | Blogger: Super Vixen's blog
I may be in the minority - and if so, fair enough...

But does anyone really care what people (allegedly) make on here?

Every thread seems to become some sort of battle (between people who have never met) to outdo someone else over how much profit they have made...

Is it not possible to just have threads discussing the relevant matches?

As I say, I may be in the minority and if that is the case so be it - but I used to enjoy discussing how games were going, and now that appears to be secondary to who can post the biggest made up P+L.
Pause Switch to Standard View Does anyone really care?
Show More
Report Lix November 23, 2009 4:04 PM GMT
i love it. The ego clashes on here are all part of the fun although I can understand why people find it distasteful.

More than happy to talk about the cricket most of the time though.
Report haltuna1 November 23, 2009 4:14 PM GMT
Always thought that chatnames should be in different coloured fonts relating to your total P&L, just a subtle way to show who might be worth listening too.
Report Sir Denis Eton-Hogg November 23, 2009 4:16 PM GMT
if people had to use their real names instead of a chatname they would be a lot more polite
Report RockMonkey November 23, 2009 4:17 PM GMT
Anyone who feels the need to boast about how much they (allegedly) make on here to validate their opinions is probably best ignored-which is what I do :-)
Report Lix November 23, 2009 4:43 PM GMT
RM- that's very noble of you but I like hearing the opinions and thoughts of anyone who makes money consistently on here. (judging who's lying and who's telling the truth is a different matter)

I'm on here to listen and learn . If you have to feed a few egos or get into fights to get some insight then so be it.

Also think some people's on-line persona's are probably quite different to how they really are.
Report good value losers November 23, 2009 4:47 PM GMT
lix - i shared your attitude and resisted blocking some of the egos because they actually offered some useful posts at times, but the sheer volume of their egotistical rants finally got to me and i've blocked the lot now. been a lot more fun reading the freds since then and bugger if i miss the odd titbit.
Report Sterling Morrison November 23, 2009 4:56 PM GMT
I care
Report Green Beard November 23, 2009 5:02 PM GMT
you didnt block me? :0

fine, think it may have been a little far . . . from now, if i am indeed on people minds in this issue, wont mention anything about figures

ill just talk about the match

is it ok to say who youre on? and who you think will win?
Report Green Beard November 23, 2009 5:04 PM GMT
will still argue the points with bogpop etc about mr lumpy etc, i think those battles are fine, as they are betting related, but egos come out in there i think

but no more figures, or aftertiming
Report Deadly Earnest November 23, 2009 5:07 PM GMT
GVL - Yo won't get to read this, but I can assure everyone, no matter how much profit you might like to think you have made, Trader PJ will be able to show a P & L with something yet higher.

Hopefully that settles everyone down.
Report TwoTonTed November 23, 2009 5:11 PM GMT
who is gvl? ;\
Report Deadly Earnest November 23, 2009 5:14 PM GMT
good value losers ttt.
Report Green Beard November 23, 2009 5:15 PM GMT
head in hands man
Report Deadly Earnest November 23, 2009 5:16 PM GMT
Ha ha, too busy trying to be a clown to pick up the subtelty there.

Head in hands man alright.
Report good value losers November 23, 2009 5:19 PM GMT
:^0
Report TwoTonTed November 23, 2009 5:26 PM GMT
gvl, Mr Green Beard wants to know whether you've blocked him ;\
Report Green Beard November 23, 2009 5:52 PM GMT
dont think he can see you TTT :D
Report brentford November 23, 2009 6:25 PM GMT
In general I've found there's a link between how much time by a poster is spent talking about amounts and or current position (usually non inclusive of previous position indication ) and how much worth in the posting....it's not a positive link either..

I also the think the constant one upmanship style that many have has changed the goalposts a bit on what people do or don't post full stop...or in some cases lead to dubious p/l posting..

However it is what it is (the forum) and I still think there's some good humour, some interesting input and some worthy debate at times so whilst I wouldn't pretend to take it very seriously I still enjoy it and am probably as guilty as any of tailoring posts to the quality of the venue.

LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report Lix November 23, 2009 6:46 PM GMT
Usually pretty self- defeating talking p+ls on here anyway (PJ)

and the billy big bo llocks bets ("I'm having £4k on the draw at evens") usually go t its up too ( see Chris rogers and er.. again PJ :D )

Sorry Peej! :)
Report Super Vixen November 23, 2009 6:55 PM GMT
Green Beard 23 Nov 18:04

will still argue the points with bogpop etc about mr lumpy etc, i think those battles are fine, as they are betting related, but egos come out in there i think

Agree 100% GB, some of the "discussions" are really interesting and definitely worthwhile - people like bigpop are very knowledgeable and love them or loathe them, do add to the forum.

What I (and it is only my opinion) don't think is interesting / informative / valuable is the constant postings of positions, amounts of bets etc.
Report tantalus November 23, 2009 7:25 PM GMT
SuperVixen is right about bigpop. 100% right.
Report johnterry 26 November 23, 2009 7:28 PM GMT
:^0
Report bigpoppapump November 23, 2009 7:36 PM GMT
:)
Report anyother November 23, 2009 7:44 PM GMT
sycophantism of the highest order ..
Report Lix November 23, 2009 7:55 PM GMT
self praise is no praise at all ;)
Report Girls aloud lezzer scrum November 23, 2009 8:01 PM GMT
If my auntie had bolloxx she'd be my uncle
Report Johnny Fontaine November 23, 2009 8:17 PM GMT
Who we talling about here the super traders ?
Report Lori November 23, 2009 9:14 PM GMT
Just posted this on the wrong thread so if you've already seen it don't bother opening it.

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/movie-uk-739f5aafeee922ea5fb916c6dad34d70.html
Report good value losers November 23, 2009 9:20 PM GMT
pmsl

here's 2 i did many a year ago (as you can tell by the title :) )

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/play_uk.php?id=1641475
http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/play_uk.php?id=1650807
Report good value losers November 23, 2009 9:26 PM GMT
btw green beard getting all sorts of abuse on the tennis phorum. can't be coincidence that it happens on ther etoo, shirley :^0
Report Green Beard November 23, 2009 10:07 PM GMT
says the tennis forum nominee for most boring unfunny and useless forumite :D

congrats chief
Report good value losers November 23, 2009 10:21 PM GMT
pmsl nominated by my stalker thetitan :^0

the difference is, gb, it's just the same few posters who follow me around trying to needle me. but it's everyone who thinks you're a two-faced lying aftertiming egotistical cnt.
Report Saluting Darren Lockyer November 23, 2009 10:34 PM GMT
harsh
Report setup November 23, 2009 10:45 PM GMT
Super Vixen 23 Nov 16:48
I may be in the minority - and if so, fair enough...

But does anyone really care what people (allegedly) make on here?

Every thread seems to become some sort of battle (between people who have never met) to outdo someone else over how much profit they have made..

:)
Report Green Beard November 23, 2009 11:03 PM GMT
Two faced?

how do you justify that . . . . am i nice but then type bad things about people behind their backs on different forums?

Lying

how do you justify that . . . im pretty open about my positions, i got shafted on davey v djoko, i did well on soderling nadal, i dont see a reason to lie on here

Egotistical

Not really, i dont actually have much of an ego, im fairly easy to goad into an argument though, and i defend myself if anything wrong is said . . . i do copy and paste positions and past calls, but im not doing that anymore, and yes i could see why it would annoy people. . . i also dont think im the best trader around, but im fairly happy about my strategy on here . . i actually have a list of about 15 things i need to change about my trading

well, youve never met me and i dont think ive ever been called that by anyone who knows me, so i dont think im much of a ** actually, and if you read my posts i very rarely actually attack anyone, its mostly defence from people who just write diatribe about me, but dont think i say anything derogatory about anyone

any other words you want to pick at random, string together and then post?
Report Innocent Bystander November 23, 2009 11:25 PM GMT
I'm putting 20k on at evens that this thread descends into a** fest :p
Report Innocent Bystander November 23, 2009 11:26 PM GMT
^sl@g
Report fundamentalist November 23, 2009 11:26 PM GMT
evens? u wish lol :D
Report Innocent Bystander November 23, 2009 11:30 PM GMT
at my local independent ;)
Report fundamentalist November 23, 2009 11:31 PM GMT
ah that old chesnut lol, there again more chance of getting matched than on the kiwi game
Report Green Beard November 23, 2009 11:35 PM GMT
i think thats actually aftertiming IB :0
Report Richard LL November 23, 2009 11:41 PM GMT
I didn't know you lived near Nashwan, IB?
Report Innocent Bystander November 23, 2009 11:44 PM GMT
its a local branch of an Enfield based bookie :D
Report Lori November 24, 2009 12:26 AM GMT
Is that the one with Stanford's accountant upstairs?
Report Innocent Bystander November 24, 2009 12:38 AM GMT
Funnily enough, I havent heard from him for a few months now :0
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com