Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
purpleqwirky
22 Nov 09 08:10
| Topic/replies: 114 | Blogger: purpleqwirky's blog
ive been trying to place stakes on south africa runs, normally i stake anywhere up to £10 a run total with xtra (formally ig), but im only being allowed £1 a run. the guy on the phone has told me its a new policy that theyve reduced stakes right down so nobody can get a decent stake on. as soon as i put stake on (being allowed £1) they move the price. in trying to actually buy runs, by buying £1 a time ive singlehandedly moved the spread up from 260-270 to 270-280 at start of match, having managed just a fiver.

is anyone else having the same prob? i cant believe any company could make such a harebrained decision. if its true across the board its gonna cost them a lot of customers.
Pause Switch to Standard View spread betting policy
Show More
Report Innocent Bystander November 22, 2009 7:21 AM GMT
yep - its across the board. Spread betting is dead - RIP
Report matt49121 November 22, 2009 7:36 AM GMT
I use Extra aswell and had no problems putting £10 on this morning
Report purpleqwirky November 22, 2009 7:45 AM GMT
ive withdrawn my funds, feel edgy about keeping money in a company that can only afford to take £1 bets.

anyone else down to low stakes?
Report fundamentalist November 22, 2009 7:46 AM GMT
not had a bet with them today myself but know of one other who was limited to £1 per run this morning
Report naive November 22, 2009 8:04 AM GMT
at least 3 other firms - bet with them instead if you're unhappy.
Report bf trader November 22, 2009 8:09 AM GMT
Is an intentional cross the board decision. Preparation for a possible sale has been mentioned to me and would perhaps make sense though I have no solid info. That said, surely new policy not sustainable in long run. Cantor ditched their sports spread offering and perhaps IG, having rebranded it, are doing the same?
Report purpleqwirky November 22, 2009 8:23 AM GMT
spin wont have me. spex im restricted. irish crowd are clueless (they leave the cleaner in charge). not sure of any other options? my options are very limited. i cant help thinking if these firms employed clued-up traders, they wouldnt be in this mess. can see there just being one firm around in a coupla years.
Report prodire1980 November 22, 2009 8:30 AM GMT
why wont the other firms "have you" ?is this thiny vieled im so good at betting no where will take my bets..... i single handedly moved the market etc
Report difficult times November 22, 2009 8:33 AM GMT
I have made similiar commmets on the Rugby Forum. It appears they introduced a new policy on 20.11.09. What a two bob outfit they have become
Report purpleqwirky November 22, 2009 8:35 AM GMT
spin have closed me down a handful of times for "trading decisions". in essence its "we know wot u r doing, so do it elsewhere". ive made a great living from spread betting over the years but have to make do with betfair now.
Report difficult times November 22, 2009 8:38 AM GMT
Me and you are in the same boat mate. After 10 happy and profitable years the great years of spread betting sadly appear to be coming to an end. Extrabet was the last firm I could get a decent bet on with now they have taken that away
Report Injera November 22, 2009 8:41 AM GMT
I admire you guys making money on the spreads. Always found it v.tricky.
Report naive November 22, 2009 8:41 AM GMT
recession can't have helped. Volumes esp from city traders right down.
Report Gatdecor November 22, 2009 9:04 AM GMT
managed 5 per run this morning no problems with extra, bit more with sprdex
Report pablo November 22, 2009 9:05 AM GMT
SPREAD BETTING RIP

It was great fun for 20 years

then the accountants moved in and killed it
Report thetitan November 22, 2009 9:41 AM GMT
looks like you got lucky today if u were trying to buy....
Report purpleqwirky November 22, 2009 9:45 AM GMT
yeah good news short term!

remember one time i had tried to buy £10 a run with the rubbish irish firm and it went wrong by about 50 runs, but as their traders are a bit clueless they had changed the stake to 10p a point without me realising at reoffer stage and i lost a fiver. ouchy! that felt like a good win!
Report Official BAWDEEPS Spokesman November 22, 2009 10:24 AM GMT
Baffles me why betfair can't offer the full range, or at least half the range, of spread markets
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com