Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
JimmyK
18 Nov 09 13:34
| Topic/replies: 590 | Blogger: JimmyK's blog
How do the Injuns win from here?
Pause Switch to Standard View Calling BigJoe
Show More
Report Dec1409 November 18, 2009 12:39 PM GMT
If there's a way he'll find it ;-)
Report the nugget November 18, 2009 12:51 PM GMT
bigjoe 18 Nov 11:44
Injun win looking a tad dodgy now :( .. only tiny chance for them is another run a ball 300 from sehwag ;) .. the pitch breaking up for last 2 sessions on day 5 and lanka skittled out or less then 200 in those sessions ... possible i guess, but unlikely :(

So i reckon we are down to 2 results now ... i think lanka missed a trick today ....they should have kicked on in last session and get lead of 220 and declred overnight and critically has the new ball first thing tomorrow when there will be moisture in pitch for 1st hour or so and they could have knocked a couple over :0 . as it is, they will now bat on till clse to lunch and batting will be easier for injuns in last 2 sessions

So i think the draw is now nailed on ..unless the pitch breaks up completely overnight and murali and herath get into it big time.

Good Luck all :)
Report takethestand November 18, 2009 12:53 PM GMT
1. They knock the rest of lanky tail for 50
2. demi gods bash a quick 500 in 3 sessions
3 leaving most of 3 sessions to wrap up 1st test on a bowlers pitch

topping up sum more at 40
Report takethestand November 18, 2009 12:54 PM GMT
sorry

:) :( ;)
Report Lix November 18, 2009 1:19 PM GMT
just thinking about it, India should be way higher than 38.0. Everything has to go right for them from here including bowling SL out for another 70 runs max, batting well for parity at the end of day 4 only 3-4 wkts down, a lead of 150+ by mid afternoon day 5 and then bowling out SL for under 150 in 40-50 overs.
Report olster November 18, 2009 1:50 PM GMT
With Harbhajan and Misra completely ineffective they have knowhere near the firepower to bowl this Sri Lankan side out cheaply. If the pitch did deteriorate that much then they will have next to nothing to chase anyway.
Report bigjoe November 18, 2009 3:38 PM GMT
as i said an injun win is unlikely..... BUT if pitch plays ok tomorrow....but then breaks up compltely in last 2 sessions then they could still nick it ... but i do ot make them 38.0 shots to do it... more like 80.0 .. so o topping up for me :(

Another factor you cannot rule out is sehwag going mental on a good pitch .. if lanka end up 250 ahead with 5 sessions left ..and sehwag bats through 3 of those sessions india could be 200 ahead with 60 overs left and lanka could still be embrrased IF the pitch breaks up on day 5 :)
Report Deadly Earnest November 18, 2009 5:57 PM GMT
When was he last pitch here to break up on day 5 Joe? For that matter when was the last time it occurred anywhere in India? For that matter, anywhere full stop?
Report michael knight November 18, 2009 6:07 PM GMT
When it comes to day 5 'batting to save a test' it tends to be a mental breakdown moreso than a pitch breakdown which causes a team to collapse. That's why SL should have selected Mendis - the Indians do not have fond memories of him (26 wickets in 3 tests wasnt it?)
Report anyother November 18, 2009 6:31 PM GMT
as a draw layer i'd love to see the pitch break up but as has been said i can see it just getting flatter and india have the talent to ensure the draw if this is the case :(
Report Joe Jordan November 18, 2009 6:37 PM GMT
Im on Sri Lanka :-)
Report JimmyK November 20, 2009 3:11 PM GMT
dead batted for a draw, disapponting lack of attacking threat from the Injuns really. Negative field setting throughout the Lankans innings by Dhoni, played for the draw from mid way through the second afternoon.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com