Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lawnet
16 Nov 09 00:26
| Topic/replies: 23 | Blogger: lawnet's blog
England of course.

Top 10 Highest innings totals
1 Sri Lanka vs Kenya, 260/6
2. South Africa vs. England, 241/6
3. Australia vs. England, 221/5
4. India vs. England, 218/4
5. Australia vs. New Zealand 214/5
6. South Africa vs. Scotland 211/5
7. Australia vs. South Africa 209/3
8. South Africa vs. West Indies 208/2
9. West Indies vs. England 208/8
10. West Indies vs. South Africa 205/6
Pause Switch to Standard View Worst bowling team in T20 history
Show More
Report Kelly November 16, 2009 9:31 AM GMT
Only saw exerpts from yesterday , pretty average bowling from England .

Always thought that the England bowling was the product of quirky weather conditions / pitches . Years on and very little evidence to contrary , so if the ball is swinging or the pitch is fizzing they perform well . Occasionally up pops a really good bowler , but none about at present with Freddie side lined ( and Freddie had to be used sparingly given the huge physical effort his bowling involved ) .
Report supermark November 16, 2009 12:12 PM GMT
the bowling yesterday was a shambles, no idea how to bowl a yorker, they simply had no control, therefore impossible to set a field to, hense the ball flying to all parts
Report Baker Boy November 16, 2009 3:31 PM GMT
Anderson apart, that wasn't even what i would class a good county attack.

Bresnan takes average to a new extreme, what they see in the boy i will never know, a trier, a grafter, someone who bats - i just dont know, but clearly he doesn't have the pace or control to be an international bowler on international wickets.

Wright, again a trier and a useful addition to the side, as a bit part bowler in any form of the game not one of your 5 at this level.

Rashid, he may well mature into something reasonable, but i have seen nothing in the guys bowling to think he can make it. Really hope i'm wrong as he can clearly bat and we all know that a good leg spinner in a side gives a dimension England haven't had in a generation or more. However, he just doesn't appear (as a bowler) to be good enough.

Mahmood - where do you start, it seriously irks me i got injured 6-7 years ago if England are trying players of this ability. Despite nigh on 7 years of Young England, lions, A tours, he still cannot swing or seam a cricket ball, someone needs to explain that a slower ball is meant to be a surprise, not used 3 balls an over. I keep hearing David Lloyd describe him as a thinking cricketer - i think Bumble is magic, but i'm afraid that opinion puts him above "Both" in the blinkered blindly stakes.

Add to that a guy in charge who shouldn't be near the 20/20 side, let alone in charge it can only ever go one way.

Dont get me wrong i've not got a list of names who are international class. But if this is the best we have the doldrums awaits.
Report thetitan November 16, 2009 4:13 PM GMT
tim bresnan bats a bit and bowls a bit, same with luke wright...we are still living in sharjah 98 apparently? ?:| :0
Report mafeking November 16, 2009 4:21 PM GMT
luke wright has definitely got talent. something there to be worked with.
Report Quito November 16, 2009 5:29 PM GMT
Lol Baker Boy,

Even with bad limbs you aren't far behind Saj!
Report Baker Boy November 17, 2009 8:38 AM GMT
He's got even one of the best three seamers at Lancashire!!!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com