Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Shrewd_dude
15 Dec 19 00:52
| Topic/replies: 7,195 | Blogger: Shrewd_dude's blog
I hasten to add that the presumption of innocence applies completely to Mr Salmond. I'm not asking for opinions on whether he is innocent or guilty merely the odds of a conviction.

Given that we are allowed to discuss whether prospective Prime Ministers are racist and whether the current USA President is a sex offender I don't suspect this should be a problem.

I go 1.30 Salmond convicted.
Pause Switch to Standard View Odds of Salmond being convicted of...
Show More
Report Torquemada December 15, 2019 2:57 AM GMT
So, essentially, you’re just asking me to trust your word?
Report Shrewd_dude December 15, 2019 2:57 AM GMT
Charming,

If you use "LMAO" then sorry but you should start to expect some sort of contempt.
Report Shrewd_dude December 15, 2019 2:59 AM GMT
I'm not asking you to trust my word. Feel free to go and diddle yourself if you want.
Report Torquemada December 15, 2019 2:59 AM GMT
No problem, SD. That sort of abuse is water off a duck’s back to me.
Report Torquemada December 15, 2019 3:00 AM GMT
You don’t really want a real bet do you, SD.
Report Torquemada December 15, 2019 3:02 AM GMT
You decided to pick on me for some reason and it’s backfired. You’ll learn a lesson from this so all is not lost.
Report Shrewd_dude December 15, 2019 3:10 AM GMT
Okay to some up you think someone charged with multiple attempted rapes and sexual assaults has less than a 25% chance of being convicted. You think some of the allegations are "weird" even though you don't know what the allegations are other than reading the indictment charges and you won't actually committ to anything betting wise.

You sound like a total deviant and probably it's probably best if you don't establish any links on this forum or anywhere else. I'd reccommend grabbing your grab bag and getting out now
Report moonaxed December 15, 2019 3:10 AM GMT
Shrewd dude..NOT
Hot air bs merchant
Report Shrewd_dude December 15, 2019 3:12 AM GMT
"NOT"

Have you just time travelled here from 2002?
Report Torquemada December 15, 2019 3:14 AM GMT
Right, off to bed but I’ll try to check in tomorrow to see if there is a solution.

Explicitly, here’s my problem. Sorry to be blunt:

If I decided to take the bet and I lost, I would pay you.

If I decided to take the bet and I won, I don’t trust you to pay me.
Report moonaxed December 15, 2019 3:16 AM GMT
I do live in the past its true
Report Shrewd_dude December 15, 2019 3:18 AM GMT
Alternatively we could just take the piss out of each other for the next few months telling each other we are right and then when we hear the verdict spend the next few months taking the piss out of the loser. I think this is the chit chat way.  The only thing we need to agree on is the ratio for taking the piss.
Report Shrewd_dude December 15, 2019 3:20 AM GMT
* I don't trust you to pay me either I hasten to add.
Report Shrewd_dude December 15, 2019 3:22 AM GMT
I do live in the past its true

NOT wasn't invented then. You're bot need's to be re-calibrated.
Report Torquemada December 15, 2019 3:22 AM GMT
BTW, when I stated that some of the allegations sounded weird, I was referring to the alleged acts themselves.
Report Shrewd_dude December 15, 2019 3:23 AM GMT
*your (you would know that though if you weren't a bot).
Report moonaxed December 15, 2019 3:25 AM GMT
West Germany 15/2 Fifa world cup
Cameroon to win their group 28/1
Ian Baker Finch British Open champion 50/
Them were the days
Report Shrewd_dude December 15, 2019 3:28 AM GMT
An action plan for the dying remnants of the Stasi.
Report moonaxed December 15, 2019 3:31 AM GMT
You cracked the code
NOT
Report Shrewd_dude December 15, 2019 3:34 AM GMT
Sorry...we cracked it in 2001.
Report moonaxed December 15, 2019 3:36 AM GMT
O crap,i was in Portugal 2001
Missed the news
Report cardifffc December 15, 2019 9:33 AM GMT
2\5 guilty 7\4 not guilty
Report cardifffc December 15, 2019 9:40 AM GMT
When there is more than one person accusing you the odds are against getting off.Never really liked the guy.
Report Torquemada December 15, 2019 9:45 AM GMT
I can’t stand him, he’s an absolute arse**** I still think it will be hard to get a conviction though.
Report cardifffc December 15, 2019 9:46 AM GMT
He is 65 and his wife is 82.
Report Crisp77 December 15, 2019 9:55 AM GMT
Be careful, he sounds like a slippery fish.
Report Torquemada December 15, 2019 10:05 AM GMT
So does his successor!
Report breadnbutter December 15, 2019 3:31 PM GMT
Can i remind my learned sharp minds  that you need to price the draw up in northern Britain .
Report trilby22 December 15, 2019 4:00 PM GMT
When's the trial?  NP sounds unlikely with this lot, Breadie!

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/11/the-fourteen-charges-against-alex-salmond/
The former SNP leader Alex Salmond appeared at the High Court in Edinburgh this morning (21st Nov) charged with various sexual offences against ten women. He entered not guilty pleas to each of the fourteen counts.

Details of the allegations are outlined below:

June and July 2008: Indecent assault on various occasions on woman A in Glasgow by kissing her on her mouth and touching her on the breasts and buttocks

December 2010 or 2011: Sexual assault on woman A at the Ego nightclub in Edinburgh, touching her arms and hips over her clothes

Between October and November 2010: Indecent assault on woman B at Bute House in Edinburgh, repeatedly grabbing her wrists, pulling her towards him and attempting to kiss her

February 2011: Sexual assault on woman C in a car in Edinburgh travelling between Holyrood Road and Waverley train station by touching her leg over her clothing

May 2011 to June 2013: Sexual assault of woman D on various occasions at the Scottish Parliament, Bute House and elsewhere, touching her buttocks over her clothing and stroking her arms and hair

October 2013: Sexual assault at Bute House by removing woman E’s shoe, stroking her foot and attempting to kiss it

Between November and December 2013: Sexual assault on woman F at Bute House by kissing her

December 2013: Intent to rape woman F at Bute House by sitting her on a bed, lying on top of her, making sexual remarks to her, touching her thighs, buttocks and breasts over her clothing, repeatedly kissing her and struggling with her as he attempted to pull up her dress

March 2012: Sexual assault of woman G at Ubiquitous Chip, a restaurant in Glasgow, by touching her buttocks over her clothing

April 2014: Sexual assault of woman G at Bute House by making sexual remarks to her and attempting to kiss her

May 2014: Sexual assault of woman H at Bute House by placing his arms around her, his hands under her underwear and touching her breast, kissing her on the face and neck and touching her leg

June 2014: Attempted rape of woman H at Bute House by placing her legs over his legs, kissing her on her face and neck, placing his hands inside her clothing and touching her bra, repeatedly blocking her path, pinning her up against a wall, pulling at her clothing and underwear, pushing her onto a bed and pinning her down, lying naked on top of her and trying to rape her

September 2014: Sexual assault on woman J at Bute House by grabbing her shoulders, kissing her on her face, trying to kiss her on the lips and touching her leg and face

November 2014: Sexual assault on woman K at Stirling Castle by touching her buttocks over her clothing
Report breadnbutter December 15, 2019 4:58 PM GMT
Yes i agree Trilby but still needs priced as i can imagine the accusers will be targeted  and we know how extreme and fanatical the cybernats are .Will be interesting to see if wee niki will be appearing in court ,for/against wee eck (allegedly)        Can you imagine it if wee niki turns prosecutions witness or even an accuser ....there is deffo summit going on and its been rumbling away for a while .But as they say innocent until proven guilty ,its a long charge sheet but a lot wont proceed ,the “naked on top of her” one is very serious .
Report trilby22 December 15, 2019 5:01 PM GMT
It's gonna be epic mate!  Note to self, invest in popcorn shares.
Report akabula December 15, 2019 9:42 PM GMT
Naming no names but I can't help wondering if a certain party is quietly terrified.
Report treetop December 15, 2019 10:59 PM GMT
Since the SNP appear to have the Scottish Supreme Court in their pocket I reckon a conviction to be 5/4 at best Laugh
Report akabula December 16, 2019 12:55 AM GMT
Very profound kennybhoy.
Report trilby22 December 16, 2019 8:06 AM GMT
He's on a roll, Aka Laugh
Report casemoney March 10, 2020 12:27 PM GMT
Will JIMMY be giving Evidence ???
Report Sica Dan March 10, 2020 2:27 PM GMT
There is the 'not proven' verdict to consider,might be Eck's best hope.
Report Capt__F March 10, 2020 10:19 PM GMT
school boy error

white wine/prosecco
Report dukeofpuke March 11, 2020 2:28 AM GMT
i think he will get off on any serious charges and will soon be in charge of the SNP once again as soon as they find out that nicola sturgeon has been leading a secret life
Report trilby22 March 12, 2020 7:10 PM GMT
Some of these allegations make him sound a right randy bugger slavering all over these women and who cannae keep his weener where it belongs Laugh

How old's his missus now?  80 odd? Crazy

The guys a frickin fruitcake but if he's innocent, some of accusers need a wee stretch at HM Pleasure, imo.
Report politicspunter March 12, 2020 9:28 PM GMT
Even if convicted, strong chance of winning appeal on the grounds of trial being discussed openly on forums.
Report akabula March 12, 2020 11:59 PM GMT
Yes, be careful Trilby. There might be a grass hovering and ready to pounce.
Report trilby22 March 13, 2020 8:50 AM GMT
Grasses who pretend to live in Bedford and who claim to have holiday homes on Arran and Spain (Canaries, was it? Laugh) yet can be guaranteed to be found posting pish in here 24/7, aka?  No worries mate, I have had such low life Walter Mittys on filter for longer than I can remember Grin

Off to get some more popcorn - if there's any left on the shelves Shocked
Report trilby22 March 13, 2020 8:57 AM GMT
Trial resumes at 1000hrs this morning Excited
Report posy March 13, 2020 9:45 AM GMT
2/7   convicted
Report breadnbutter March 13, 2020 12:03 PM GMT

Mar 12, 2020 -- 4:28PM, politicspunter wrote:

Even if convicted, strong chance of winning appeal on the grounds of trial being discussed openly on forums.

fine to discuss what's been reported, the jurors cannot research the trial and cannot use social media. Think the problem is discussing a trial before the jury is picked and trial is underway but we are now free to discuss what's been reported. Surprised the accused has not used Donald Findlay tbh.Do we know the ages of the female witness that was not allowed by the snp to be alone with salmond and the ages of the other accusers? He sounds like a right old sex pest imo.

Report politicspunter March 13, 2020 12:50 PM GMT

Mar 13, 2020 -- 7:03AM, breadnbutter wrote:

Mar 12, 2020 --  9:28PM, politicspunter wrote:Even if convicted, strong chance of winning appeal on the grounds of trial being discussed openly on forums.fine to discuss what's been reported, the jurors cannot research the trial and cannot use social media. Think the problem is discussing a trial before the jury is picked and trial is underway but we are now free to discuss what's been reported. Surprised the accused has not used Donald Findlay tbh.Do we know the ages of the female witness that was not allowed by the snp to be alone with salmond and the ages of the other accusers? He sounds like a right old sex pest imo.

"the jurors cannot research the trial and cannot use social media."

You are mistaken. Trials have been abandoned as the judge cannot guarantee a fair trial.

Report breadnbutter March 13, 2020 1:14 PM GMT
So what am I mistaken about, your boldness appears misplaced imo. Phurzt you sayed if convicted salmond could appeal, now your saying trial could be abandoned but bold summit else.           I hate random blundering boulders. Please elucidate.
Report breadnbutter March 13, 2020 1:15 PM GMT
Please no bolding
Report politicspunter March 13, 2020 1:20 PM GMT
"the jurors cannot research the trial and cannot use social media."

You are mistaken. Trials have been abandoned as the judge cannot guarantee a fair trial.

This seems clear enough to me.
Report trilby22 March 13, 2020 2:50 PM GMT
"Woman says Alex Salmond kissed her after doing zombie impression" Laugh
Report trilby22 March 13, 2020 2:53 PM GMT
Woman J told the High Court in Edinburgh that she had been working with Mr Salmond in Bute House when she left the room to go to the toilet.
When she returned, she claimed to have "utterly froze" after finding Mr Salmond "lying on the ground, between the dining table and the back of the sofa."
She alleged that Mr Salmond had a pen and paper next to him, and told her to "come here and work on this speech". LaughLaughLaughCrazyCrazyCrazy
Report tobermory March 13, 2020 2:58 PM GMT
Trials can be abandoned beforehand due to 'cannot get a fair trial because the evidence has been discussed in the media'

The trial is going ahead now on the basis that the jurors are under instructions to only consider the evidence presented in court. If the judge is satisfied that the jurors abided by this I can't see how any appeal against a guilty verdict could get far.
Report moisok March 13, 2020 4:34 PM GMT
FANTASIST
Report breadnbutter March 13, 2020 5:07 PM GMT
Look, PP has bolded, case closed, just let it go Laugh
Report elisjohn March 13, 2020 8:32 PM GMT
woman j, salmond kissed her on both cheeks then trying to kiss her on the mouth . .he also asked her if she wanted to stay over .woman j added "it had been like an awful nightmare". YES  TRUELY AWFUL EXPERIENCE ISNT IT
Report moisok March 13, 2020 8:38 PM GMT
a bit of a lad?  we all know these types will use their position - but some of these women are a bit pathetic
Report moisok March 13, 2020 8:39 PM GMT
back in the old days if you complained   you would lose your head
Report moisok March 13, 2020 8:39 PM GMT
you sea  - the fing is - I wasnea there when he did it
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 13, 2020 8:48 PM GMT
If there was a market it would be about the only event to bet on
Report moisok March 13, 2020 9:30 PM GMT
do they have cctv   pics   forensic evidence  or will they convict on verbal evidence

like they did the wienstein
Report impossible123 March 14, 2020 6:48 PM GMT
Not following this case nevertheless, interested given profile of accuse. What's the expected end date? Will the result go the same way as Weinstein?
Report posy March 14, 2020 7:55 PM GMT
Big big unknown is how theI assume still corrupt Edinburgh mafia judiciary want the outcome to be.
Report Capt__F March 14, 2020 7:57 PM GMT
s krankie woman ? K ?
Report impossible123 March 14, 2020 8:37 PM GMT
Who's the sitting judge? Sturgeon or Mackay?
Report Capt__F March 14, 2020 8:38 PM GMT
Rinder
Report trilby22 March 16, 2020 10:49 PM GMT
One charge down for Octofud.  13 to go ...
Report trilby22 March 16, 2020 10:52 PM GMT
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0864016

Daily podcasts here
Report politicspunter March 16, 2020 11:03 PM GMT
Salmond who?
Report lybertyne March 17, 2020 12:06 AM GMT
My missus was talking the other day about a woman saying something about a salmon "slobbering all over her face".  Took me a while to work out what she was on about.
Report casemoney March 17, 2020 12:08 AM GMT
Are public banned from Courts ??
Report trilby22 March 19, 2020 6:10 PM GMT
Apparently so, Case.

"For all the key evidential parts of Alex Salmond’s trial, the public and citizen journalists will be excluded and only the MSM will be permitted to be there."

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2020/03/reporting-the-alex-salmond-trial/
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/07/alex-salmonds-trial-what-will-happen-and-how-it-will-be-reported
Meanwhile, today …
A prosecutor has alleged that Alex Salmond was a "predator" who "abused his power to satisfy his sexual desire with impunity".
In his closing speech to the trial, Alex Prentice QC claimed Mr Salmond had shown a pattern of "brazen" conduct and said: "He did it because he could."
He urged the jury to convict the former first minister of all 13 sexual assault charges that he faces.
Mr Salmond says he is innocent of all of the charges against him.
He has pled not guilty to sexually assaulting a total of nine women while he was serving as Scotland's first minister and the leader of the SNP.
And he has described the allegations as being "deliberate fabrications for a political purpose" or "exaggerations".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51960314

I knew his Mrs was a good few years older than him and had forgotten it was actually seventeen.  I didn't realise They met in the 1970s when Moira was his boss at the Scottish Office in London.
She was working as a senior administrator in the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, Laughwhen he joined as an assistant economist.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10400857/who-is-alex-salmonds-wife-moira-and-when-were-they-married/
Report dave1357 March 20, 2020 2:50 PM GMT
think he will get a likely a not guilty verdict on some charges and no proven verdict on the rest.  His QC has done enough to muddy the water and the jury must be thinking fck this for a game of soldiers, I should be hoarding toilet rolls not debating this sh1t for a week.
Report impossible123 March 20, 2020 6:05 PM GMT
Too many accusers accusing him of the same sexual misbehaviour. No smoke without fire?
Report dave1357 March 20, 2020 6:20 PM GMT
that's def true but there were a couple of good points made by his defence and I think he might have been in trouble in england, but the scottish "no proven verdict" gives the jury a way to say we think you might be guilty but the prosecution just hasn't proven it.
Report dave1357 March 23, 2020 3:07 PM GMT
12 NG 1 NP - amazed there wasn't more NP, but the jury obv cba as to seriously consider all these charges in a few hours isn't possible.
Report posy March 23, 2020 3:10 PM GMT
never underestimate the ability of the scottish judiciary to get what it wants
Report terry mccann March 23, 2020 3:11 PM GMT
Good judge Shrewd as everLaugh
Report Torquemada March 23, 2020 4:33 PM GMT
Indeed, Terry.

I take no satisfaction in being proved correct. Again.
Report Torquemada March 23, 2020 4:52 PM GMT
At least Shrewd Dude will have learnt a lesson I suppose. If you must be a mug, at the very least don’t advertise that fact. Plain
Report terry mccann March 23, 2020 4:54 PM GMT
The way of the world Torq
Report trilby22 March 23, 2020 4:55 PM GMT
Hell hath no fury like a salmon scorned … stay tuned Wink
Report portmanpark March 23, 2020 6:18 PM GMT
salmond should buy a lottery ticket on saturday...6 numbers a certainty
Report akabula March 23, 2020 7:51 PM GMT
Not really portman. If you followed the trial the evidence against Salmond, especially in the more serious charges, was very weak and flawed.
This btw is not the end of matters with Salmond and his supporters claiming they have evidence to show this was a politically motivated effort to discredit him.
Looks like Salmond will make his political comeback and split the SNP into two factions.
Report akabula March 23, 2020 7:57 PM GMT
Andrew Neil on twitter.
For Alex Salmond to be acquitted of all charges is more than just an embarrassment for Police Scotland and the Procurator Fiscal. It’s a disaster.

How some of these charges ever got to court is a mystery give how weak and flawed the evidence was. Needs investigated.
Report moisok March 23, 2020 7:58 PM GMT
sky report

salmond has been cleared of raping 9 women - I tell you - he would have to be some goer to have done 9 like that

one of the boys??  bit of a lad and all that

now what

huge compenstations and legal battles   -  me too  slipped up here
Report akabula March 23, 2020 8:04 PM GMT
Lying to the Scottish Parliament is a serious offence. Watch this space.
Report dave1357 March 24, 2020 8:16 PM GMT

Mar 23, 2020 -- 2:57PM, akabula wrote:

Andrew Neil on twitter.For Alex Salmond to be acquitted of all charges is more than just an embarrassment for Police Scotland and the Procurator Fiscal. It’s a disaster.How some of these charges ever got to court is a mystery give how weak and flawed the evidence was. Needs investigated.

You can't really blame the prosecutors.  If they don't go with it, they are accused of a cover up. So they make the best of it and parade out a lot of drunk indiscretions along with the odd more serious charge.  The jury doesn't need to disbelieve the witnesses or see a conspiracy, just decide that the drunk indiscretions weren't assaults.

Report politicspunter March 24, 2020 8:36 PM GMT
The very serious allegations related to rape should definitely have gone to court. Most of the rest looked relatively trivial in comparison.
Report moisok March 24, 2020 9:37 PM GMT
how do you know?
Report trilby22 March 29, 2020 9:09 AM BST
Alex Salmond's accusers 'devastated' by court verdict

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52078493
Report politicspunter March 29, 2020 10:32 AM BST
They are lucky not to be up in court themselves.
Report akabula March 29, 2020 3:03 PM BST
Apart from the evidence of collusion between 2 of the accusers there was other evidence led that was strange.
ie One of those who said they were assaulted asked Salmond to speak at a charity event some time after the assault.
Still it was strange for so many not guilty verdicts.
From whats being said lots still to come from this case but not until we are over the current crisis.
Not speculation but the words of Kenny MacAskill and Aleax Salmond.
Report akabula March 29, 2020 3:44 PM BST
From The Sunday Times:

Alex Salmond, the former SNP leader, was referred to as “a sex pest” and an “objectionable bully” by his own QC before being acquitted of all charges in his sex offences trial last week.

In a video — filmed on a train by a fellow passenger — Gordon Jackson, Scotland’s most senior QC, also names two of the women who alleged sexual assault by Salmond, despite strict rules that protect the anonymity of women in alleged sexual offence cases.

During a conversation on board an Edinburgh–Glasgow train during the first week of the trial, Jackson — who was in easy earshot of fellow passengers in the carriage — made a series of shocking remarks about his client and two of the accusers.
Report akabula March 29, 2020 3:46 PM BST
The conversation was recorded on another passengers phone.
Must surely be repercussions for Jackson if this is authentic.
Report akabula March 29, 2020 3:50 PM BST
More skulduggery?
Report sofiakenny March 29, 2020 3:50 PM BST
ackiebigot..everyones' favourite sweetie wifie...obsessed.
Report akabula March 29, 2020 3:52 PM BST
Still self-isolating kennybhoy? Laugh
Posted your reply within seconds. you're getting better or is that worse.
Report sofiakenny March 29, 2020 4:06 PM BST
Awa an sook bojos' n*b ya sevcovian fud.
Report terry mccann March 29, 2020 4:48 PM BST
Wish Shrewd (not) was my bookieLaugh-wonderful.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com