Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
cooperman
01 Mar 19 12:44
| Topic/replies: 12,899 | Blogger: cooperman's blog
Just had a flyer through the door, large chicken and chorizo £18.99. Do people actually pay 19 quid for this shoite? It's as bad as Cheltenham. Shocked
Pause Switch to Standard View Domino Pizza - Are they nuts?
Show More
Report The Management March 1, 2019 1:07 PM GMT
Offer them 50% (even when it's not two's Tuesday!) - they will always accept, though you might have to collect it yourself if they're busy.

You have to remember that the govt has created over 1 million new jobs and most of them are either delivering pizza's or  delivering parcels (usually disposable clothing manufactured by small children).

The guy that owns my local Domino franchise drives a Bentley with a private plate - so somebody is buying them.
Report mouse muldoon March 1, 2019 1:10 PM GMT
Did he used to own a snooker club?
Report The Management March 1, 2019 1:19 PM GMT
Dunno mm - just see the car outside a lot and it kinda stands out from all the fiat pandas and mopeds that the delivery guys drive. A mate told me he owns the franchise. Maybe he bought the Bentley on a Tuesday?
Report Just Checking March 1, 2019 1:19 PM GMT
So Domino Pizza prices are part of a government drive to create delivery jobs. What did we do before this barrage of economc "wisdom".
Report mouse muldoon March 1, 2019 1:22 PM GMT
You never actually pay full price for Domino's, but feck knows why the don't just reflect that with simple pricing structure instead of obfuscating the matter with a plethora of deals.
Report The Management March 1, 2019 1:27 PM GMT
Lol - thought that (^) would bring you out JC.

Wondered why you hadn't been on the other thread to defend all the efficiencies and benefits associated with the privatisation of the probation service?

PS - JC very ironic initially Whoops
Report Just Checking March 1, 2019 1:31 PM GMT
I've never bought a dominos in my life though I've walked past it many times and regularly get leaflets through the door. I don't understand why anyone would pay huge prices for crap like that when you can get something broadly similar in a supermarket for 1/4 of the price or less? I've a mate who wasn't in a good job but regularly got take out food and never had much money. There was something of a correlation I think.
Report donny osmond March 1, 2019 1:33 PM GMT
hes knocking
Report HGS March 1, 2019 2:41 PM GMT
Anyone who ever pays full price for Dominos obviously has more money than sense. Always fnd a 50% or bogof code for them. DINEON50 works at a ot of their places at the mo.
Report McCoy Carp March 1, 2019 2:54 PM GMT
Chinese, Indian, Kebab, Kentucky (style) chicken, probably in that order. Pizza would not be on my radar.
Report HGS March 1, 2019 3:00 PM GMT
Nor mine McCoy, but alas not the kids.
Report The Management March 1, 2019 3:08 PM GMT
I have always struggled with the regard in which Italian Cuisine is held - can't bring myself to go Italian if eating out as i feel robbed.
A couple of dozen versions of mince in tomato sauce or a couple of dozen versions of cheese on toast. I know i'm a philistine but that's how i see it.
Report The Management March 1, 2019 3:11 PM GMT
Expect there will now be a horses head on my bed when i get home from the pub tonight.

Do love their coffee and always a fine haircut - i just can't get excited about mince when eating out!
Report mouse muldoon March 1, 2019 3:13 PM GMT
Have a filetto pepe verde then innit.
Report The Management March 1, 2019 3:27 PM GMT
^ surely the origins of that dish was to devise a sauce to disguise that the steak is rancid? Steak with black pepper soup in my experience. Peppers usually served such that it's similar to chomping on the shotgun pellets you sometimes find when eating pheasant.
Report mouse muldoon March 1, 2019 3:34 PM GMT
Depends where the steaks from I suppose. Yes, I have had the odd peppercorn stuck in me teef, a minor inconvenience.
Report The Management March 1, 2019 3:49 PM GMT
Remember going to a country pub for family birthday/Sunday lunch, publican served us at table, we all ordered a drink but my son (very badly hungover from night before) asked for a glass of water, publican went ballistic.
He had calmed down a bit by the time he came back for the food order. My elderly mother with much dental work to consider asked if the pheasant was unleaded, we haven't been back!
Report SlippyBlue March 1, 2019 3:50 PM GMT
I do like a pizza every now and then but I would not order a Dominos, Pizza Hut or Pappa john's pizza as they are all very poor quality and overpriced. There is a great Italian restaurant in Crystal Palace called 'Lorenzos' that do the best pizzas in town,I have been going there for about 25 years. A pepperoni pizza with a side salad is about £8 quid and it never fails to be excellent.
Report McCoy Carp March 1, 2019 4:07 PM GMT
The Management
01 Mar 19 15:08
| Topic/replies: 174 | Blogger: The Management's blog
I have always struggled with the regard in which Italian Cuisine is held - can't bring myself to go Italian if eating out as i feel robbed.
A couple of dozen versions of mince in tomato sauce or a couple of dozen versions of cheese on toast. I know i'm a philistine but that's how i see it.

I'm with you on this. Spaghetti Bolognese one of my favourite meals but I never order it when I'm out.
Report The Management March 1, 2019 4:10 PM GMT
Yes! - got a daughter that will order that when out or sometimes she goes crazy adventurous and has the lasagne. Always think I should have just given her 15 quid and left her at home.
Report johnizere March 1, 2019 5:11 PM GMT
You can make half a dozen pizzas for less than a fiver. And they'll be nicer.
A pizza chain operator once said 'If you can make pizzas, you'll make dough'
Ridiculously overpriced imo.
Report GRANTCKING March 1, 2019 5:15 PM GMT
only a total noob pays full price, I had dominos last night, large pizza, 2 starters, 1 dessert and a big bottle of irn bru for £19
Report Injera March 1, 2019 5:19 PM GMT
After the banking collapse, Dominos' sales soared. People chose takeaways instead of restaurants. Incredible really. I find eating out sociable but the food is rarely that great.

Takeaways are just a waste of money imo. (Apart from fish and chips..)

Pizza = dough, melted cheese and salami. That's barely food!!!
Report Just Checking March 1, 2019 5:38 PM GMT
There is more to italian food than pizza and spag bog ffs, it's one of my favourite types, I could easily spend the rest of my life just eating Italian.
One of the best things I've ever eaten was this truffle thing in an italian restaurant.
Gnochi? Foccacia? Properly made italian rice dishes? CAlzone? Those various savoury things that are like filled bread/pastry with like say cheese and spinach in them.
Those pancake things? And i'm just getting started.
Report Just Checking March 1, 2019 5:40 PM GMT
Last two might be Erbazzone and of course Cannelloni.
Report Just Checking March 1, 2019 5:43 PM GMT
It's certaintly true that the Pizza I've had there was far better than here, I don't understand why they can't just replicate it here.
I also don't understand why people buy the totally overpriced "Pizza Express" pizzas from supermarkets that don't seem to be any better than any other brand (and far worse than say the excellent Tesco Finest range), in fact they can be worse than other far cheaper brands. Brand recognition I suppose.
Report The Management March 1, 2019 5:44 PM GMT
Yep Spag bol, lasagne, cannelloni, raviolli, etc, etc,

Their imagination knows no bounds when it comes to perming combinations and different shapes of mince, tomatoes and pasta!
Report Just Checking March 1, 2019 5:49 PM GMT
Your lack of knowledge of italian food is obvious.
Report mouse muldoon March 1, 2019 5:50 PM GMT
Cappalletti alla crema. Bellissimo.
Report lfc1971 March 1, 2019 5:51 PM GMT
Only the working classes give two fs about food, remember when guys in work started to talk  in work about what they had to eat the previous night, many years ago now
was astonished to listen to them , thought there was something not quite right
wasn't wrong either
Report Just Checking March 1, 2019 5:53 PM GMT
The working class even used to sing about food:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Z7JMOy6wQ
Report Injera March 1, 2019 5:56 PM GMT
Chinese is rank here compared with in HK and China. Worth going for the food alone Love
Report Just Checking March 1, 2019 6:00 PM GMT
OF all the foods done by takeaways here, chinese has to be the most varied in quality. Unless they are particularly useless, most indian takeaways can make a curry that even if it isn't good, isn't actually bad. In my experience they are normally > 5 on a 10 scale. Chinese though ... a few can be great but in many it's just tasteless bland watery crap and I don't know why anyone would go back?
Report Jack Hacksaw March 1, 2019 6:05 PM GMT
Home-cooked Michelin quality food for all us chit-chatters tonight then!
Report Injera March 1, 2019 6:08 PM GMT
It's partly sentimental but Peking Duck in Peking (yup , I know...) and char siu in Guangzhou is pretty damn good.

I guess pizza in Rome would be quite nice Happy
Report thegiggilo March 1, 2019 6:10 PM GMT
GRANTCKING    01 Mar 19 17:15 
only a total noob pays full price, I had dominos last night, large pizza, 2 starters, 1 dessert and a big bottle of irn bru for £19

Weighing in at 18 stone..
Report lybertyne March 1, 2019 6:11 PM GMT
There's a massive mark-up on pizzas.  They only cost a couple of quid to make.
Report mouse muldoon March 1, 2019 6:11 PM GMT
Naples for the pizzas innit, although overall I reckon Sicily wins, especially the polpette.
Report GRANTCKING March 1, 2019 6:16 PM GMT

Mar 1, 2019 -- 6:05PM, Jack Hacksaw wrote:

Home-cooked Michelin quality food for all us chit-chatters tonight then!

Laugh

Report SlippyBlue March 1, 2019 8:40 PM GMT
I had a boar thing from 'COOK' this evening with some spinach mash, it was rather nice.
Report aaronh March 1, 2019 9:18 PM GMT

Mar 1, 2019 -- 5:51PM, lfc1971 wrote:

Only the working classes give two fs about food, remember when guys in work started to talk  in work about what they had to eat the previous night, many years ago nowwas astonished to listen to them , thought there was something not quite rightwasn't wrong either

????????????????????

Report aaronh March 1, 2019 9:19 PM GMT

Mar 1, 2019 -- 6:10PM, thegiggilo wrote:

GRANTCKING    01 Mar 19 17:15  only a total noob pays full price, I had dominos last night, large pizza, 2 starters, 1 dessert and a big bottle of irn bru for £19Weighing in at 18 stone..

28*

Report THEMONEYSHOT March 1, 2019 9:26 PM GMT
As you and TheGobbler are both making assumptions I'll make one too, you are both ****'s Love
Report Joel March 1, 2019 10:00 PM GMT
Hi had Dominos last night. Yum yum.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com