Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
portmanpark
03 Jan 19 14:19
| Topic/replies: 6,804 | Blogger: portmanpark's blog
What a brilliant sitcom it was.Not one below par episode.
Pause Switch to Standard View recently started watching what ever...
Show More
Report Culvin January 3, 2019 1:45 PM GMT
I LOVE THE THEME , of that show .Oh , what happened to you , whatever happened to me , what became of that people , we used to be . Tomorrows almost over , the day went past so fast , etc , etc .
Report DenzilPenberthy January 3, 2019 1:47 PM GMT
The street where they start the bike race from isn't far from me,used to love the view down the bank past the church clock to the river very different looking now.
Report cyprusal January 3, 2019 1:48 PM GMT
best sitcom ever bar none imo,the bike race and the fight with scaif are two of my favs
Report DenzilPenberthy January 3, 2019 1:51 PM GMT
My favourite was the one where Terry kept bumping into Little Hutch had a period like that one myself great days
Report donny osmond January 3, 2019 1:53 PM GMT
housing estate is in killingworth ...

nearly moved there once, got a bad report, sulphur or something like that.

could have watched filming!
Report Culvin January 3, 2019 1:54 PM GMT
LITTLE HUTCH , who's he when he's at home .
Report DenzilPenberthy January 3, 2019 1:58 PM GMT

Jan 3, 2019 -- 2:54PM, Culvin wrote:

LITTLE HUTCH , who's he when he's at home .

'I was literally on my way to the Job Centre when I bumped into Little Hutch' He kept giving Terry tips on the horses

Report Culvin January 3, 2019 2:00 PM GMT
I THINK I MET , big hutch outside a pub in Huyton , yesterday . He looked like Peter Crouch on stilts .
Report DenzilPenberthy January 3, 2019 2:04 PM GMT
From wiki:

Nigel "Little Hutch" Hutchinson, a sex-mad pal who always has a racing tip for Terry
Report Sica Dan January 3, 2019 2:04 PM GMT
The Fat Ox pub.!!
So sad that in real life Terry did the dirty on Bob.
Report alun2005 January 3, 2019 2:09 PM GMT
"Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads" is still the yardstick by which all others should be judged.

Peerless.
Report alun2005 January 3, 2019 2:12 PM GMT
The episode "The Old Magic" sees Terry inform Bob that the latter is suffering from "Hutchinson's Disease", a euphemism for someone wanting to have sex with every available female.
Report alun2005 January 3, 2019 2:20 PM GMT
The reason why 'WHTTLL' is so revered is that the excellence of the product is due to script, plot, dialogue, characterisation and performance. 

The writers didn't feel obliged to parachute in any Left-Wing, Trans, Multicultural and/or Gay characters to get the project green-lighted. As we know all too well, this latter strategy is absolutely compulsory today, however ridiculous the result.
Report Culvin January 3, 2019 2:21 PM GMT
I CAN WELL IMAGINE , that some of dirty little hutch's tips may well have had names like , Fill your boots , Get stuck in , Backdoor alley and his fave one , Dirty little fella . All those tips he gave would run at Newcastle , and if they run again , i advice you not to back them .I have a tip to give you , back a horse called , FLOWER GIRL .I'm not sure when it's running next but i'm gunna put my shirt on that pretty filly .
Report mouse muldoon January 3, 2019 2:24 PM GMT
Parachuting trannies alun? What's not to like?
Report woundedknee January 3, 2019 2:29 PM GMT
Northern Mithering Sh1te
Report Culvin January 3, 2019 2:56 PM GMT
HAPPY NEW YEAR , to you , alun .
Report Culvin January 3, 2019 2:57 PM GMT
AND YOU , woundedknee .I fell off my bike yesterday and i've wounded my knee .
Report cooperman January 3, 2019 2:59 PM GMT
Pints of Mild in barrel glasses. Grin I like the episode when they're trying to avoid finding out the result of an England game.Laugh
Report mouse muldoon January 3, 2019 3:08 PM GMT
Did Terry ever find the source of the Tweed?
Report screaming from beneaththewaves January 3, 2019 3:13 PM GMT
A measure of the show's quality is how many all-time-great sequences are stuffed into just one individual episode.

We all love the 'No Hiding Place' episode ("People don't go around saying nil-two, do they?"), but that's also the show which features Terry's epic takedown of every foreigner on the planet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brNiTo_TbeQ

There's nothing bigoted about it. Everyone is treated equally. As Terry concludes: "Come to think of it, I don't even like the people next door." And besides, his are the views of a man who's travelled the world, and even married a German woman. As he says of the breakdown of that marriage, "There's them and us. People should take heed of the failure of my entry into Europe."
Report treetop January 3, 2019 5:24 PM GMT
A brilliant summary of Teryy's take on foreigners,cockneys,jocks and yorkshiremen screaming, still smiling when I think about that scene ! The BBC management team would have to be given counselling just watching that episode today !
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com