Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Injera
07 Sep 16 16:19
| Topic/replies: 17,864 | Blogger: Injera's blog
The article, printed in both English and Chinese, said: 'London is generally a safe place to travel, however precautions are needed when entering areas mainly populated by Indians, Pakistanis and black people.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3777759/London-generally-safe-careful-areas-populated-Indians-Pakistanis-black-people-Chinese-airline-condemned-flight-magazine-s-racist-advice.html

Silly
Pause Switch to Standard View Air China's in flight advice for...
Show More
Report alun2005 September 7, 2016 4:24 PM BST
Can't wait to see how this 'misunderstanding' is 'explained'.

Whatever could have given Air China this idea?
Report alun2005 September 7, 2016 4:30 PM BST
Perhaps a few stray copies of the award-winning local newspaper 'The Newham Recorder' made their way to the opulent Orient, and the readers mistakenly thought that the Newham Crime Tsunami had something to do with the Vibrant Peace-Loving Diverse and Culturally-Enriched Community that has been foisted upon the locals?
Report Crisp77 September 7, 2016 4:47 PM BST
What we need is a great big melting hot pot.
Report Burton-Brewers September 7, 2016 4:48 PM BST
the usual mob are stamping their feet in outrage as per, they might get sympathy if it wasn't true.
Report saddo September 7, 2016 4:54 PM BST
Rofl, the Chinese tourist has become a problem the world over, they aint got a clue how to behave.
Report ebulGery September 7, 2016 5:24 PM BST
Well I suppose the airline is giving what it thinks is good advice

If we holiday in the United States, as a white person ,would we be advised to stay out of black dominated areas?
Report ebulGery September 7, 2016 5:25 PM BST
I think the fear is slightly exaggerated myself, but then I don't live in London?

London is very multi cultural
Report zilzal1 September 7, 2016 7:25 PM BST
They could always say that someone gave the Wong Advice...
Report Just Checking September 7, 2016 7:28 PM BST
Is is true though, and if so, are you not allowed to say the truth now in case it offends channel 4 news viewers?
Report themightymac September 7, 2016 7:29 PM BST
Good advice if you ask me.
Report Just Checking September 7, 2016 7:33 PM BST
I'm sure I've read travel advice to not visit ares of US cities. It's probably true they are more vibrant areas than the safer areas, but the advice didn't word it that way.
Report themightymac September 7, 2016 7:44 PM BST
When we visited New Orleans, first advice we got from Hotel management was not to visit certain areas. I would have asked them anyway. I`m glad they warn tourists. World has gone PC mad. Crazy.
Report wit-ham September 7, 2016 7:52 PM BST
I think the fear is slightly exaggerated myself, but then I don't live in London?

London is very multi cultural

True that's why i moved out ebulGery
Report hitmanhearn September 7, 2016 8:14 PM BST
If they didn't visit areas populated by the above as advise their trip wouldn't last long .
Report hitmanhearn September 7, 2016 8:15 PM BST
d.
Report MuayThaiClyde September 8, 2016 9:49 AM BST
Genuinely never felt unsafe in London and i've been to clubs based in a wide range of ****s.

Infact if you stick to the main tourist sort of areas it's remarkable how white London appears to be. Obviously the reality is different, but then how many Chinese tourists are likely to find themselves in New Cross or Whitechapel?
Report lfc1971 September 8, 2016 10:15 AM BST
London is one of the most racially segregated places in the world. It is possible to be sitting in a crowded pub in central London look around and see only white faces.
Report saddo September 8, 2016 10:15 AM BST
They have found their way to a tiny resort I visit in Epirus this year, seizing people's kids on the beach and holding em close for selfies in front of the waves, parents were having to get aggressive with em.
Report lfc1971 September 8, 2016 10:18 AM BST
I like the Chinese and Japanese tourists, very charming people. Surprised more of them don't suffer from Paris syndrome when they come to London.
Report Rockinron September 8, 2016 11:07 AM BST
"London is very multi cultural"...WinkWinkWink
Report Injera September 8, 2016 3:03 PM BST
England's cricketers are deciding whether it's safe to  tour Bangladesh. The Barmy Army are advising supporters not to travel.

Racist.
Report Tallywagger. September 8, 2016 3:33 PM BST
When political correctness and the truth collide Laugh

Having said that, most cities are pretty safe in the touristy parts. Walk 5 miles in any direction from there and you're in sh1tsville.
Report mobo September 8, 2016 6:15 PM BST
I believe it was district 6 in cape town I was told to keep clear from (circa 1970).

On a more serious note.  Shouldn't we be concerned that there are pakistani, indian and black areas!!??
Report fool proof September 9, 2016 3:17 AM BST
The inflight magazine has been withdrawn.Does not make the advice given any less relevant.
Report Crisp77 September 9, 2016 11:00 AM BST
I can confirm the Indian area is rough. I walked through it one Sunday and saw a couple of geezers running up and down the park carrying bats and wearing helmets. Another fella was throwing a huge red stone at them.
Report The Leopard September 9, 2016 4:23 PM BST
....I think you will find they were playing..........ohhhhhhhh ! CrazyPlain
Report The Leopard September 9, 2016 4:24 PM BST
Wink
Report Clouseau September 9, 2016 4:40 PM BST
ow's that? Confused
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com