Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
kenny mann
23 Oct 13 18:34
| Topic/replies: 38,070 | Blogger: kenny mann's blog
THE BIGGEST WELFARE SCANDAL IN MODERN FARMING?

“Every time you open the door to one of these farms, you tell yourself: ‘it will be better than the last. They can’t all be ignoring the law, they can’t all be inflicting such misery.’ But then you see the pigs, and realise the scale of the suffering. It breaks your heart.”

http://action.ciwf.org.uk/ea-action/action?ea.client.id=119&ea.campaign.id=20836&utm_campaign=pigs&utm_source=stewardshipemail&utm_medium=email&forwarded=true
Pause Switch to Standard View Cruely to pigs, watch this video...
Show More
Report kenny mann October 23, 2013 6:35 PM BST
Sign the petition

This could be bacon you are eating from possibly any supermarket or the lovely pork pies you consume
Report kenny mann October 23, 2013 6:42 PM BST
Cruelty*  ffs
Report themightymac October 23, 2013 6:46 PM BST
I`ll sign the petition and write to my MP but I`m not watching that video mate. I abhor cruelty to animals.
Report Makybe_Diva October 23, 2013 6:52 PM BST
Signed
Report kenny mann October 23, 2013 6:54 PM BST
cheers tmm, me neither. I'm just the same, couldn't view it. Don't want to. Well done MK.Happy
Report kenny mann October 23, 2013 6:55 PM BST
MD rather
Report spellingandgrammarchecker October 23, 2013 9:54 PM BST
Absolutely shocking that kenny, wish I hadn't watched it.

Of course the pork products in the supermarkets say from EU pork, so people think it's ok. The tiny percentage that bother to look that is.

UK pork sadly includes Ireland who are also offenders. Shame on them all.
Report jamov October 23, 2013 10:38 PM BST
signed
Report liam1982 October 23, 2013 10:40 PM BST
i've not eaten meat in years, ive seen too much of this kind of thing
Report sofiakenny October 23, 2013 10:47 PM BST
dont forget the poor chickens!!
Report Petrus Romanus October 24, 2013 3:07 AM BST
Signed but skipped the video...like many others I just can't watch animals being made to suffer at the hands of ignorant neanderthals...they should slip and fall in one of the pens and knock themselves out...the pigs would do the rest.
Report Gnarley October 24, 2013 6:06 AM BST
themightymac     23 Oct 13 18:46 
[i]I`ll sign the petition and write to my MP but I`m not watching that video mate. I abhor cruelty to animals.

Exactly that, hence a +1
Report kenny mann October 24, 2013 8:07 AM BST
thanks chaps, keep 'em coming.
Report HRH The Lager Khan October 24, 2013 9:46 AM BST
Signed. Good job, kenny
Report kenny mann October 24, 2013 11:05 AM BST
cheers bud
Report Ken Masters October 24, 2013 11:08 AM BST
Jesus christ KM, this is exceptionally difficult to masturbate to, I've signed but only in the hope you'll put some pics of the Indian chick up.
Report kenny mann October 24, 2013 11:17 AM BST
crikes, did you watch it? You must be the first. Cheers.
Report HRH The Lager Khan October 24, 2013 11:32 AM BST
I worked briefly on a farm that had pigs when I left school. If they'ed have been kept that many to a pen, I'd have assisted their escape! Just because they are gonna' end up as pork chops doesn't mean their time on earth has to be spent suffering. Bastards.
Report terry mccann October 24, 2013 11:43 AM BST
and i thought i was the only one who cant watch such things,so we aint all **** thenHappy
Report kenny mann October 24, 2013 11:45 AM BST
Even more sickening given the fact that they're intelligent, friendly social creatures. Bastards indeed.
Report kenny mann October 24, 2013 11:46 AM BST
President Harry Truman said, "No man should be allowed to be president who does not understand hogs."

When in their natural surroundings—not on factory farms—pigs are social, playful, protective animals who bond with each other, make nests, relax in the sun, and cool off in the mud. Pigs are known to dream, recognize their own names, learn "tricks" like sitting for a treat, and lead social lives of a complexity previously observed only in primates. Many pigs even sleep in ‘pig piles,’ much like dogs. Some love to cuddle and others prefer space.

People who run animal sanctuaries that include pigs note that they are more similar to humans than you would guess. Like humans, pigs enjoy listening to music, playing with soccer balls, and getting massages. Pigs can even play video games!
Report terry mccann October 24, 2013 11:50 AM BST
now dont be silly kenny, but i am with you ever inch of the way, so what make"s people cruel to animals?some real meanspirited sods about 4 sure
Report johnizere October 24, 2013 12:07 PM BST
Not going to watch the video,

signed petition.
Report kenny mann October 24, 2013 12:21 PM BST
weren't my words tell,money of course.
Report kenny mann October 24, 2013 12:22 PM BST
thanks 

johnizere
Report Ampleforth October 24, 2013 12:43 PM BST
oh here goes, I thought long and hard about posting this as I know I will probably crucified for saying this, but to be honest, I was expecting much worse from that video, presumably they have edited in the worst footage that they could find , but if that is the worst footage they can come up with after visiting all those farms in all those countries then I don't think the problem is that bad!
Yes, some of those animals look sick, but any farm keeping a couple of thousand animals in a free range field will have some sick animals, it happens. Most of the animals did not look overly distressed to me.. Yes a little crowded in some of those pens, but you don't know how long they have been there or if indeed they are that bothered... Its not just big business or the supermarkets that do this, if you go to rural parts of any country, there will be farmers who will have a single pig in a pig sty covered in sh!t that will never see another pig or roam free in a field. I appreciate it is hard to watch but we, humans, are animals after all, and despite us thinking we a not part of the natural world, we absolutely are. Many animals, in fact most animals, inflict pain and cruelty onto their fellow animals in order to survive, I wish it wasn't that way, but the fact remains that it IS a cruel world we live in and always has been, always will be. Its not your fault, you don't have to feel guilty about it, but if you want make a donation to that website, write a letter or stop eating meat to ease you concious then by all means do it, whatever gets you through the night...

now what do you propose we can do about this sort of cruelty? and not a human in sight apart from the cameraman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eedeA5RyCSk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAR8iIr8r7c

the world is a horrible place if you choose to see it that way, or you can just accept the natural order of things, including global warming and be totally awestruck by how life on earth has evolved and will continue to evolve long after humans have been wiped from their brief moment of dominance, just about every animal that has ever lived has been eaten by another animal, quite often the feast begins before death has occurred. Farmed animals will at least be spared that nightmare, as will hopefully you.... 

right, I'm off to hide behind the sofa, I appreciate most people don't think like me... I am a good guy, honestly... Blush
Report SqueezeFirmly October 24, 2013 12:43 PM BST
mmmm...bacon
Report kenny mann October 24, 2013 1:46 PM BST
I can find you with far worse footage if you prefer Ampleforth mate.

steview84 • July 12, 2013 2:25 PM BST
that is horrible

motley01 • July 12, 2013 2:29 PM BST
Fcuk me they were eating each other, that's shocking, I'll sign petitionSad

Report • Quote • Block User DONEMYLOT • July 12, 2013 2:35 PM BST
I try to not buy 'shitt' meat but whacanyoudo? You have to budget to your pocket, although I would certainly not purchase the brand/type which was proven to be like this

brain dead jockeys • July 12, 2013 2:52 PM BST
sickening
Report kenny mann October 24, 2013 1:46 PM BST
find you withShocked
Report southcoastvillain October 24, 2013 2:15 PM BST
done
Report kenny mann October 24, 2013 2:36 PM BST
cheers
Report spellingandgrammarchecker October 25, 2013 6:14 PM BST
ttt
Report Rodrigo de Triano October 25, 2013 11:11 PM BST
Thanks Kenny. Signed.