Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
i_agree_with_nick
18 Dec 12 11:42
| Topic/replies: 13,335 | Blogger: i_agree_with_nick's blog
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-20766258
Pause Switch to Standard View Beyond belief
Show More
Report The Magic Flea December 18, 2012 11:44 AM GMT
Christmas presents for children in an intensive care unit have been stolen from Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Up to 20 wrapped gifts were discovered missing from the world-famous London children's hospital on Monday.

The presents, bought by the hospital charity fund, included DVD players, DVDs and Nintendo DS games consoles.

Insp Neal Anderson said: "To steal presents... for children too sick to be at home with their families at Christmas is beyond belief."

Some true fkin callous koontz about
Report i_agree_with_nick December 18, 2012 11:48 AM GMT
Various retailers and individuals including Alan Sugar have offered to replace the presents so hopefully all will be ok
Report postmannick December 18, 2012 11:49 AM GMT
there really is some scumbags about to do that to sick kids makes my blood boil
Report SqueezeFirmly December 18, 2012 11:56 AM GMT
there really are
Report Capt__F December 18, 2012 12:27 PM GMT
sad world
Report desperatemunter December 18, 2012 1:15 PM GMT
'people are scum (on the whole)'  - this is not news.   Its the determined selfishness, the lack of any sense of being part of something bigger, that makes the intelligent-ape experiment a failure.
Report CherylCole December 18, 2012 3:05 PM GMT
What is there in the UK for these 'scum' to look to and respect though?

Politicians got found out via the expenses scandal as just being concerned with self interest
The BBC is going through a process of being discredited via all the yewtree stuff.
The right wing press (that have ruled England for years) got 'found out' over the phone hacking thing and have lost some of their power

If you want young impressionable people to respect some kind of absolute moral code, someone has to supply it.
Report dustybin December 18, 2012 3:18 PM GMT
I suspect if the poor continually get crushed while wealth gets distributed unevenly then this type of event is bound to occur from time to time.
Report Shanelee1966 December 18, 2012 4:17 PM GMT
Comes as no surprise whatsoever.
Report naydam December 18, 2012 4:19 PM GMT
I suppose question one should be: Did the thieves know the intended destination of the presents/parcels?
Report The Magic Flea December 18, 2012 4:21 PM GMT
been stolen from Great Ormond Street Hospital.

I would assume they did, if they stole it from the hospital
Report Java December 18, 2012 4:38 PM GMT
"The right wing press (that have ruled England for years) got 'found out' over the phone hacking thing and have lost some of their power"

Please tell me a leftie isn't about to blame Thatcher for the kids' presents being stolen?
Report HRH The Lager Khan December 18, 2012 4:40 PM GMT
If you want young impressionable people to respect some kind of absolute moral code, someone has to supply it.

How about their parents, ffs!

I wasn't aware that on the seemingly rare occasions thieving toerags actually end up in court that they can plea guilty, not guilty or Sorry Guv' - Political and media disillusion has caused me to go off the rails a bit.

Incredibly, so many modern parents seem to think a schoolteachers remit isn't just to educate kids on their subject, but on rights and wrongs etc too Sad.
Report Java December 18, 2012 4:40 PM GMT
"suspect if the poor continually get crushed while wealth gets distributed unevenly then this type of event is bound to occur from time to time"

Weighed in.  It's the Tories' fault.
Report naydam December 18, 2012 4:40 PM GMT
Sorry, I wasn't aware of the crime scene location. I see now that you wrote this in your first reply.
Report dustybin December 18, 2012 5:45 PM GMT
It wasn't a political assessment, but its rather telling that you made the assumption that it was about the Tories.

It was an observation of how every action has an opposite reaction, some ppl eventually do something they wouldn't otherwise do, some ppl go and shoot kids...more often than not its when they can't take anymore.

It's wrong to shoot kids, or steal from them....it's also wrong to never know when you have enough, to be greedy or gluttonous.
Report brendanuk1 December 18, 2012 6:39 PM GMT
Bit naive to leave DVD players, DVDs and Nintendo DS games consoles lying around in the workplace. no surprises that someone took them

1.01 its someone working there.
Report Java December 19, 2012 9:49 AM GMT
"some ppl eventually do something they wouldn't otherwise do"

You utter hand wringer.  People who steal ill childrens' presents are utter sc*m and have zero value to society.  Stop making excuses for them because you don't agree with capitalism.
Report dustybin December 19, 2012 1:24 PM GMT
Dont know what a hand wringer is but Ill do as I please
Report dustybin December 19, 2012 1:29 PM GMT
Why not get your pitchfork and soapbox and go and do something about it then instead of pointing out the obvious that their actions arn't favourable?
Report GPT December 19, 2012 1:30 PM GMT
You communists really do have weird views dusty and many complexes.
Report dustybin December 19, 2012 1:40 PM GMT
I happen to be pretty affluent, had a tory background upbringing in one of the nicest areas of the country.
That doesn't mean I subscribe to the tory c0ck touching mantra.
This was an observation on how people will react when they have had the arse end of life, I never said I condone stealing.
Report Java December 19, 2012 1:44 PM GMT
You seek to excuse them.  Your thinking has created a society devoid of responsibility.  Draconian punishments are needed to kick our wretched population into line.
Report dustybin December 19, 2012 1:47 PM GMT
It was reasoning.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com