Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
i_agree_with_nick
18 Dec 12 11:42
| Topic/replies: 13,396 | Blogger: i_agree_with_nick's blog
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-20766258

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 24
By:
The Magic Flea
When: 18 Dec 12 11:44
Christmas presents for children in an intensive care unit have been stolen from Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Up to 20 wrapped gifts were discovered missing from the world-famous London children's hospital on Monday.

The presents, bought by the hospital charity fund, included DVD players, DVDs and Nintendo DS games consoles.

Insp Neal Anderson said: "To steal presents... for children too sick to be at home with their families at Christmas is beyond belief."

Some true fkin callous koontz about
By:
i_agree_with_nick
When: 18 Dec 12 11:48
Various retailers and individuals including Alan Sugar have offered to replace the presents so hopefully all will be ok
By:
postmannick
When: 18 Dec 12 11:49
there really is some scumbags about to do that to sick kids makes my blood boil
By:
SqueezeFirmly
When: 18 Dec 12 11:56
there really are
By:
Capt__F
When: 18 Dec 12 12:27
sad world
By:
desperatemunter
When: 18 Dec 12 13:15
'people are scum (on the whole)'  - this is not news.   Its the determined selfishness, the lack of any sense of being part of something bigger, that makes the intelligent-ape experiment a failure.
By:
CherylCole
When: 18 Dec 12 15:05
What is there in the UK for these 'scum' to look to and respect though?

Politicians got found out via the expenses scandal as just being concerned with self interest
The BBC is going through a process of being discredited via all the yewtree stuff.
The right wing press (that have ruled England for years) got 'found out' over the phone hacking thing and have lost some of their power

If you want young impressionable people to respect some kind of absolute moral code, someone has to supply it.
By:
dustybin
When: 18 Dec 12 15:18
I suspect if the poor continually get crushed while wealth gets distributed unevenly then this type of event is bound to occur from time to time.
By:
Shanelee1966
When: 18 Dec 12 16:17
Comes as no surprise whatsoever.
By:
naydam
When: 18 Dec 12 16:19
I suppose question one should be: Did the thieves know the intended destination of the presents/parcels?
By:
The Magic Flea
When: 18 Dec 12 16:21
been stolen from Great Ormond Street Hospital.

I would assume they did, if they stole it from the hospital
By:
Java
When: 18 Dec 12 16:38
"The right wing press (that have ruled England for years) got 'found out' over the phone hacking thing and have lost some of their power"

Please tell me a leftie isn't about to blame Thatcher for the kids' presents being stolen?
By:
HRH The Lager Khan
When: 18 Dec 12 16:40
If you want young impressionable people to respect some kind of absolute moral code, someone has to supply it.

How about their parents, ffs!

I wasn't aware that on the seemingly rare occasions thieving toerags actually end up in court that they can plea guilty, not guilty or Sorry Guv' - Political and media disillusion has caused me to go off the rails a bit.

Incredibly, so many modern parents seem to think a schoolteachers remit isn't just to educate kids on their subject, but on rights and wrongs etc too Sad.
By:
Java
"suspect if the poor continually get crushed while wealth gets distributed unevenly then this type of event is bound to occur from time to time"

Weighed in.  It's the Tories' fault.
By:
naydam
Sorry, I wasn't aware of the crime scene location. I see now that you wrote this in your first reply.
By:
dustybin
When: 18 Dec 12 17:45
It wasn't a political assessment, but its rather telling that you made the assumption that it was about the Tories.

It was an observation of how every action has an opposite reaction, some ppl eventually do something they wouldn't otherwise do, some ppl go and shoot kids...more often than not its when they can't take anymore.

It's wrong to shoot kids, or steal from them....it's also wrong to never know when you have enough, to be greedy or gluttonous.
By:
brendanuk1
When: 18 Dec 12 18:39
Bit naive to leave DVD players, DVDs and Nintendo DS games consoles lying around in the workplace. no surprises that someone took them

1.01 its someone working there.
By:
Java
When: 19 Dec 12 09:49
"some ppl eventually do something they wouldn't otherwise do"

You utter hand wringer.  People who steal ill childrens' presents are utter sc*m and have zero value to society.  Stop making excuses for them because you don't agree with capitalism.
By:
dustybin
When: 19 Dec 12 13:24
Dont know what a hand wringer is but Ill do as I please
By:
dustybin
When: 19 Dec 12 13:29
Why not get your pitchfork and soapbox and go and do something about it then instead of pointing out the obvious that their actions arn't favourable?
By:
GPT
When: 19 Dec 12 13:30
You communists really do have weird views dusty and many complexes.
By:
dustybin
When: 19 Dec 12 13:40
I happen to be pretty affluent, had a tory background upbringing in one of the nicest areas of the country.
That doesn't mean I subscribe to the tory c0ck touching mantra.
This was an observation on how people will react when they have had the arse end of life, I never said I condone stealing.
By:
Java
When: 19 Dec 12 13:44
You seek to excuse them.  Your thinking has created a society devoid of responsibility.  Draconian punishments are needed to kick our wretched population into line.
By:
dustybin
When: 19 Dec 12 13:47
It was reasoning.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel