Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Man-O-War
28 Apr 12 00:20
| Topic/replies: 102 | Blogger: Man-O-War's blog
getting a new laptop and im deciding to get a mac.. dunno which one tho would prefer to get the Air but the fact that it doesnt have a Cd rom concerns me.. does that make much difference?? any thoughts? thanks

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 12
By:
treble
When: 28 Apr 12 00:24
Obviously depends on how often your gonna want to use CD's. If it's music or films, then that's not a problem, you can just rip it on using an external drive. If you are in your own house, then you can use remote disc to access DVD's in another computer through the macbook over you home network.

Shouldn't really make too much difference though. So much stuff is download now.
By:
Mc Moonbeam
When: 28 Apr 12 01:15
why is everybody so crazy on Macs nowadays .. they're still expensive for the components compared to a Sony imo is it all for the cool operating system ?

you don't even get Blu-Ray Blush
By:
The Leopard
When: 28 Apr 12 01:22
I bought a Mac....desktop....2 weeks ago....my PC...self-destructed...in 5 years microsoft will be finished....
By:
Mc Moonbeam
When: 28 Apr 12 01:36
The desktops look cool .. did you get a 27" Tongue Out

I've got a Sony all in one which is probably a step down the ladder from one but i like it for watching vids and stuff
By:
The Leopard
When: 28 Apr 12 01:55
Yep...the 27in was £150 more than the smaller one so I thought I may as well get it.....I can then use it to watch films etc...
By:
Mc Moonbeam
When: 28 Apr 12 01:59
Yeah Nice .. the smaller ones are only like 21" aren't they ?? waste of time

well worth the extra .. 27 is just right for films and stuff too
By:
polybot
When: 28 Apr 12 09:30
just get an external DVD drive if really need one, makes no sense having an onboard one these days.
By:
alun2005
When: 30 Jun 12 21:54
Excuse me for gatecrashing this discussion......

I've recently acquired the MacBook Pro model and ideally would like use to the mouse with it. Some of the prices of the Apple 'mice' look bit hefty and I was wondering whether there is a more economical model mouse that world perfectly well with the MacBook Pro. Basically just want something that points and clicks.

Thanks if you can help.
By:
danniellasmincepies
When: 30 Jun 12 22:08
Air is good but i prefer and use Pro
By:
treble
When: 30 Jun 12 22:10
http://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Wireless-Mouse-Optical-Windows/dp/B007ZBZCPK/ref=sr_1_18?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1341090586&sr=1-18
By:
alun2005
When: 30 Jun 12 22:19
Thank you Treble. Any more suggestions gratefully received.

Perhaps we could now make this a 'Tech Help' thread for those of us who are new to MacBook/Apple after decades of Windows use.

I was wondering, for example, which adaptor or device I should acquire in order to be able to connect my MacBook tommy existing HP standalone bigger screen, which has one of those 15 pin VGA  connections.
By:
alun2005
When: 30 Jun 12 22:22
*  to my       (not tommy)
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel