Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
irishone
22 Apr 21 21:02
| Topic/replies: 46,564 | Blogger: irishone's blog
Having posted last years winner up months before I feel obliged to say that Put the Kettle on is stonking value at 10\1 on here or with multiple outlets. She wont be 10\1 on the day you can lay her off before the day and get yourself a freebet. Its a disrespectful price based upon the entry of Shiskin into the race. Shiskin is not that good.  PTKO will love Sandown this weekend, only thing stopping her will be the going. Henderson will know the score once Altior has competed against her.  Nickys record of getting horses fit and well to the festival has taken a bit of a battering in the last couple of years.  This is a free bet , get on now and after if things dont work out at Sandown, 10\1 is a joke , its disrespectful to the mare and over hypes Shiskin.
Pause Switch to Standard View QUEEN MOTHER 2022
Show More
Report irishone April 24, 2021 3:39 PM BST
Done be the ground today , jumped left a couple of times but not liking the jar, 14s now , fill your boots , even if you dont fancy her come next march there is a good free bet in the trade
Report duffy April 24, 2021 9:54 PM BST
Won't she be at least that price, next year looks stronger at this stage and she will probably have a few reversals in the key trials beforehand, so I don't see how her price contractsConfused

At the prices I would take a chance with Energumene at 12's before next week, I agree that Shishkin might not be quite as good as he's cracked up to be but Energumene is priced up as if he'd run and been beat at the festival and Shishkin is priced up as if he'd beaten all the top 2 milers around....6/4 must be the worst price at this stage for a festival race ever!!!
Report Quevega06 April 25, 2021 8:11 AM BST
She never seemed to travel on the track at any stage, although  Sandown is a test its not like Cheltenham, more emphasis on jumping. Duffy you could be right in terms of price, she could be beat a few times next season and go to Cheltenham around the same price.. I would disagree Betting a potential good horse at shorter than the Champ Chase winner though..
Report GAZO April 25, 2021 8:20 AM BST
she needs to be fresh,yesterday was too close to cheltenham dont think it was anything to do with ground or track,so next year two runs before xmas then champion chase again,its then if she is good enough
Report strontium April 27, 2021 10:21 PM BST
It looked a weak QM on the day and nothing since has changed my opinion on that. However, the Arkle form has been franked by the Skelton horse. Enugermene may end up in the Ryanair - his tendency to jump right would be a big problem on the old course.
Report irishone April 29, 2021 7:48 AM BST
Duffy, there is every indication that she will be going back to Cheltenham for another two mile chase after summering and then to the festival again next year. She is clearly "horses for courses" and in the quevaga mould, any repeat of her winter wins at Cheltenham will see the price fall.
Report strontium May 2, 2021 10:17 AM BST
It's true Irish, she's 4 from 4 on the old course, including two winss at the Festival, and deserves respect. I guess she'll run in the Schloer Chase at the November meeting again.

After this week, it looks like Allaho will stick to 2 1/2 miles plus (wouldn't be shocked to see him try to make all in the King George) and Enugermene will be aimed at the Champion Chase. It's clearly bugging Mullins that he hasn't won it. But, I'd be surprised if one of Shishkin and Enurgemene isn't better than PTKO.

Chachun Por Soir looked so good this week, we alos need to ask of he didn't handle Cheltenahm, or if he just had an off day for some reason. If the latter, he's a huge player for the Champion Chase next year as well. One imagines he'll hoover up decent races in Irelnad in tbe run up to the Festival.
Report duffy May 5, 2021 5:17 PM BST
They will have to be as bold with CPS as they were at Punchestown by assuming that the track is of no consequence and attempt to batter the field into submission and win the race early.

He is a powerful galloper through the race, and they know full well how he'd win the race.

Riding him to pick up after the last with horses still about him won't work.
Report strontium May 5, 2021 6:06 PM BST
True that.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com